Moderators: eCat, hedge, Cletus

eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Re: Uncle Bud

Post by eCat » Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:17 pm

hedge wrote:I think the "I wish I hadn't worked as much" applies whether you have children or not. I mean, it's called work for a reason. How many people would decline an offer of getting $100,000 a year with the sole stipulation that they did not work or take any paying job? Not many. Despite some people proclaiming they love their work, I bet the vast majority of people would quit in a minute if they were given sufficient or slightly excessive income with the stipulation that they quit their job and not get another one. That tells me that most people do not really love their jobs, or any job. Not that I had to be told that...

I took 3 weeks off at Xmas and it fucking ruined me. I actually like my job and I still would love nothing better than to fart around the house for the rest of my life and not do the 9 to 5. I don't need a mansion and a yacht, I just want to cover my costs. Of course I come from a long line of men who actually did that so its probably genetic to me in some way.
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

Bklyn
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Howard
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!

Post by Bklyn » Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:57 pm

I love what I do. I would probably be involved in my business, one way or the other, even if I didn't need the money to do it.

I'm only good at sitting still for a week, max...two if overseas in a totally new locale. I have to stay close to the game.
The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:19 pm

I'm at a point where I'd rather just work on my own projects. I don't want to write a novel, I don't want to start a charity, I don't need to climb Everest, I just want the freedom to putz around my yard, my home, pick up a wrench or a hammer and just ride it out. I'm definitely going to be one the old men playing checkers around the wood stove at some point in my Norman Rockwell life.
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:34 pm

I love my job!

hedge
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina

Post by hedge » Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:31 pm

"I'm at a point where I'd rather just work on my own projects. I don't want to write a novel, I don't want to start a charity, I don't need to climb Everest, I just want the freedom to putz around my yard, my home, pick up a wrench or a hammer and just ride it out."

Amen, brother...

"I love my job!"

My point exactly...
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

crashcourse
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Kansas State

Post by crashcourse » Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:06 pm

that free style skier sarah burke died

that half pipe lets them hit some high sppeds and crazy elevations

she had gotten it into the olympics and was supposed to be favored

Owlman
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Rice

Post by Owlman » Fri Jan 20, 2012 3:12 pm

My one regret right now is that I practiced delayed gratification so long that I have not done much traveling out of the country. Now children make that much more difficult for me.
My Dad is my hero still.

Hizzy III
Junior
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by Hizzy III » Fri Jan 20, 2012 3:16 pm

I think it's obvious to most of y'all based on some of my posts that I like what I do. Like most, my complaint is that I don't make nearly as much as I feel I should be making.

However, just like E, if I could, I'd be even happier just hanging out around the house or on my own dime, doing whatever, and having enough to cover the expenses/necessities.

Of course, that wouldn't last long, as I'd probably be arrested, my license suspended, and my car impounded within six weeks of "freedom".
From the town of Possum's Paw, Alabama, standing 6'2" and weighing 150 lbs, the one, the only, the legend... Bootney Farnsworth.

Owlman
Senior

Post by Owlman » Fri Jan 20, 2012 3:21 pm

My income now as a law professor is about 1/3 of what it was as an OB/GYN. There has been a large decrease in my lifestyle as a result (car, size of home, flexible cash). That being said, I have to admit, I am truly more relaxed now in my life and I love being a professor. I love the flexible time now with my family, friends and truthfully the chance to come on here. It helps me to flesh out my own beliefs. None of this was possible before.
My Dad is my hero still.

crashcourse
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Kansas State

Post by crashcourse » Fri Jan 20, 2012 3:28 pm

plus you get burnt out looking at pussy all day

Owlman
Senior

Post by Owlman » Fri Jan 20, 2012 3:35 pm

Nyaaaa. you come to appreciate variety.
My Dad is my hero still.

CAT
Sophomore

Post by CAT » Fri Jan 20, 2012 3:39 pm

Do you keep your medical licence currrent SPACER? on another subject you mentioned--travelling with the kids, we travelled with our two boys all over the place. Of course England when they were babies--had NO problems or screaming baby on the plane--and when they were 8 and 11 we got a Eurail Pass and went to Paris, Geneva, Lausanne, Venice, Rome (we had an audience with the Pope scheduled) on to the South of France--Menton, Monaco, Nice and Marceille then going back to London via Paris. The children were (for once in their lives) absolute angels --we had discussed that some travelling was boring but the things we were going to see would make up for it. I love History so was able to tell them stories about the places we went to and it taught them a love of travel to this day. Please don't 'not travel' because of your children, it's such a fantastic life experience for them.
I try not to limit my madness to March

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Fri Jan 20, 2012 3:40 pm

isn't it funny how pussy is like fingerprints?

they all look different.

I've found the most variations in the meat curtains part. I dated this one woman looked like she had a couple of pieces of lasagna noodles down there.(yea I"m LMAO as I typed that)

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Fri Jan 20, 2012 3:47 pm

Did you ever dress up like Chef Boyardee when you were dating her?

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Fri Jan 20, 2012 3:59 pm

I'm hungry now

AlabamAlum
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: Alabama

Post by AlabamAlum » Fri Jan 20, 2012 4:02 pm

Seen them that look like an Arby's open-faced roast beef sandwich?
"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity."
— Abraham Lincoln

Yes, I still miss Coach Bryant.

Owlman
Senior

Post by Owlman » Fri Jan 20, 2012 4:18 pm

CAT wrote:Do you keep your medical licence currrent SPACER? on another subject you mentioned--travelling with the kids, we travelled with our two boys all over the place. Of course England when they were babies--had NO problems or screaming baby on the plane--and when they were 8 and 11 we got a Eurail Pass and went to Paris, Geneva, Lausanne, Venice, Rome (we had an audience with the Pope scheduled) on to the South of France--Menton, Monaco, Nice and Marceille then going back to London via Paris. The children were (for once in their lives) absolute angels --we had discussed that some travelling was boring but the things we were going to see would make up for it. I love History so was able to tell them stories about the places we went to and it taught them a love of travel to this day. Please don't 'not travel' because of your children, it's such a fantastic life experience for them.
yes, for the license. As for traveling, initially, I was trying to build a practice. Then going to law school took such a huge bite out of our finances (especially going to Duke - should have gone to UNC or Central since I was staying in North Carolina), that it was quite inconvenient. I tell my students now that with the cost of Duke and the money I gave up, law school costs me 850,000 dollars in 3 years. Even after graduating, it's taken some time to get back on a decent financial setting. That being said, I am happy with my choices (upon starting law school, I thought I would go back to Obstetrics, but changed my mind once in law school).
My Dad is my hero still.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Fri Jan 20, 2012 4:27 pm

Hizzy III
Junior

Post by Hizzy III » Fri Jan 20, 2012 4:28 pm

AlabamAlum wrote:Seen them that look like an Arby's open-faced roast beef sandwich?
A friend I have in Atlanta who works for the CDC showed me a picture of this woman's infected coochie, and it looked like a giant pomegranate that was starting to mold.

Still hungry, E?
From the town of Possum's Paw, Alabama, standing 6'2" and weighing 150 lbs, the one, the only, the legend... Bootney Farnsworth.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Fri Jan 20, 2012 4:31 pm

You're getting more into Rat's territory now...