Moderators: eCat, hedge, Cletus

BigRedMan
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Indiana
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Re: MIT Engineers

Post by BigRedMan » Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:39 am

CAT - The open office org link should work. click on that link and then go to I want to download open office.org. Follow the instructions from there and I promise it will work. If all else fails, I can use my work account for webex and remote into your computer and help you get it installed from there. If you wish to do that, let me know.
Sure, I've been called a xenophobe, but the truth is, I'm not. I honestly just feel that America is the best country and the other countries aren't as good. That used to be called patriotism.

eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Post by eCat » Sat Jan 14, 2012 12:34 pm

My brother-n-law, the one married to my sister - his family were all Mopar freaks and I remember his dad buying a Dart after owning a late 60's model. This one was like a 1980 model or so and basically it was a Japanese knockoff with chrome. It was a horrible car and without fully appreciating the history of Mopar at the time, I thought these guys were crazy for buying anything Dodge.

Because of cars like that, the K-Car and a few other embarrassments, I don't think I could ever own a Dodge, although I will admit to briefly owning a 1970 Challenger. Unfortunately I was in college and had no money to restore it. It sat under a tree until a guy driving by offered me cash for it.
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

AlabamAlum
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: Alabama

Post by AlabamAlum » Sat Jan 14, 2012 12:39 pm

I like the Dodge Ram pickup trucks.
"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity."
— Abraham Lincoln

Yes, I still miss Coach Bryant.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Sat Jan 14, 2012 12:40 pm

I'm sorry, it wasn't a Dart, it was a Colt.
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

hedge
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina

Post by hedge » Sat Jan 14, 2012 3:00 pm

"hedge wouldn't have these troubles if he'd just bought a mac"

Everyday Stu sits bitterly at his dining room table with some piece of shit Mac that is little more functional than a calculator, but yet even though he's too poor to buy another Mac, even a used one on craigslist, b/c Mac's cost twice as much as PC's, Stu still sits there and defends the Mac. In short, Stu is a fool. He's not usually one to drink the Kool-aid, but he has when it comes to Mac's. His final "defense" is that they're better for graphics. Yeah, like his small town local sports sections editor ass needs the latest in graphics technology to adjust a black and white photo for his shit wipe paper that no more than 2 dozen people even look at. Meanwhile, he angrily grinds away on his piece of shit antique, cursing PC's and extolling the virtues of his piece of shit machine and begging anyone to believe that he really, really NEEDS a Mac b/c of the highly technical nature of the "graphics" he's using. Fucking idiot...
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Sat Jan 14, 2012 3:03 pm

You could produce Stu's rag with an old tin pot washing machine roller, just scribble some "graphics" on the roller with a pocket knife and roll some toilet paper thru it and you'd get virtually the same quality that Stu produces with his mighty Mac...

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Sat Jan 14, 2012 3:23 pm

the mac's problem is just opposite of the iPhone

apps , particularly free ones that have some value

CAT
Sophomore

Post by CAT » Sat Jan 14, 2012 4:07 pm

sardis wrote:"I am having some photos taken..."

Would these be boudoir-type photos?
Well they are of my pussies--does that count?
I try not to limit my madness to March

CAT
Sophomore

Post by CAT » Sat Jan 14, 2012 4:27 pm

BRM--I gave up last night and forwarded that word doc--it was a contract--to my cousin who printed it out for me and faxed it back I signed it and faxed it--which was OK, I have the paper copy but no copy on the computer. Being so totally right-brained I really don't understand what you are offering to do--but I do thank you for helping and bearing with me and not just ignoring my computer stupidity. Maybe I should just invest in Office 2007--is there a more recent one? Just the wrong time for that expence right now--oh well--can always resort to drawing on cave walls I guess! Have a wonderful Weekend
I try not to limit my madness to March

Saint
All-American

Post by Saint » Mon Jan 16, 2012 1:15 am

actually my final argument was, I believe, that Macs are easy to use and don't get viruses.

keep your $600 shitty laptop.

Saint
All-American

Post by Saint » Mon Jan 16, 2012 1:15 am

I've never heard of Mopar but I have heard of Mopegs

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:22 am

cool simulation of Sullenger landing the US Airways plane in the Hudson

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:55 am

"keep your $600 shitty laptop."

My shitty laptop is about 10,000 times better than that hunk of shit sitting on your dining room table, and you know it. And it kills you...

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:58 am

I got a Lenovo laptop with an i5 processor, 8 gigs of RAM and 750 gig hard drive. NASA could run off of it. Stu has an 8 year old Mac that belongs in a museum, and yet he still defends it against my sleek machine. I paid $400 for it, Stu can't even get a shitty used Mac on craigslist for that. And yet here he sits, sassing in the wind. Sad...

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:59 am

oh yeah, but he needs the graaaaaiiiiiiiificks, main! GRAAAAAAAIIIIIIFFFIIIIICCCCCKKKKKSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!

aTm
Muad'Dib
College Hoops Affiliation: Texas A&M

Post by aTm » Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:09 pm

I'm going to order a new 15-inch Macbook Pro sometime this week.
Sure, I could have stayed in the past. I could have even been king. But in my own way, I am king.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Mon Jan 16, 2012 3:56 pm

hedge wrote:I got a Lenovo laptop with an i5 processor, 8 gigs of RAM and 750 gig hard drive. NASA could run off of it. Stu has an 8 year old Mac that belongs in a museum, and yet he still defends it against my sleek machine. I paid $400 for it, Stu can't even get a shitty used Mac on craigslist for that. And yet here he sits, sassing in the wind. Sad...
Stu is right. Shitty laptop.

aTm
Muad'Dib

Post by aTm » Mon Jan 16, 2012 6:08 pm

A $400 laptop probably isn't going to last 8 years. I'm not all that familiar with Lenovo, but I know with company's like Acer (my desktop PC is an Acer, paid $300 I think) you can end up with hardware headaches. I have pretty much never had a hardware issue with any Apple product I have ever own. They put the good shit in all their equipment. I'm replacing a laptop (actually not replacing, I might still use both) that I bought in 2005 I think, with no problems.

My Acer PC is another story, it has a PoS case design that led to the power switch not working withing 6 months, and Ive been inside that thing numerous times. The current way for me to swap out discs is to uncrew and open the case, pop off the case front cover which has a ridiculous fucking flap over the optical drive, and shove a paperclip into the manual eject hole, and Im sure its because Acer used bottom barrel low quality optical drives in their machines.
Sure, I could have stayed in the past. I could have even been king. But in my own way, I am king.

aTm
Muad'Dib

Post by aTm » Mon Jan 16, 2012 6:09 pm

In my case, I'll probably continue to buy cheap on my desktop PCs simply because I can get in there and jack with those if do have a problem and fix/replace components myself. Wouldn't do it with a lappy.

Saint
All-American

Post by Saint » Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:11 am

well, Hedge buys a computer so he can jack with it but not in the way you mean. so $400 is probably a lot more than he should've spent.