Moderators: eCat, hedge, Cletus

Saint
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Re: Ostensibly Hoops

Post by Saint » Thu Jan 12, 2012 2:15 am

but what if you hadn't seen the first one?

onion eyed gudgeon
Sophomore
College Hoops Affiliation: Arizona

Post by onion eyed gudgeon » Thu Jan 12, 2012 7:18 am

Good morning.

Bwaaaaaahahahah duke.

Bwaaaaaaahahahaha kansas state, lsu.

Go Arizona.

There.... (flush)... now I feel better.

AugustWest
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina State
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Post by AugustWest » Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:42 am

Saint wrote:Augie: Your team sux.

typical NC State shit. I was laughing by the time I turned the game off with 10 minutes left.
U*NC is the cleanest most honest athletic program on the planet. I am jealous of their deserved success, and I'm a mewling cunt.

sardis
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Villanova

Post by sardis » Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:28 pm

I was kinda hoping NC State would rise up and make the ACC a little more respectable this year, but looks like Duke and UNC are the only tournament worthy teams in the lot.

AugustWest
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina State

Post by AugustWest » Thu Jan 12, 2012 2:20 pm

State is a better team than we played last night. and GT is not as good. they had a kid that normally shoots 30% free throws hit 7 of 10 last night. same thing from three point range. meanwhile our guy that shoots 45% went 1 for 7. we've lost one we shouldnt have, hopefully we'll win one we shouldnt to balance.
U*NC is the cleanest most honest athletic program on the planet. I am jealous of their deserved success, and I'm a mewling cunt.

Hizzy III
Junior
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida

Post by Hizzy III » Thu Jan 12, 2012 2:27 pm

sardis wrote:I was kinda hoping NC State would rise up and make the ACC a little more respectable this year, but looks like Duke and UNC are the only tournament worthy teams in the lot.
Ye slights the Cavalier murderously.
From the town of Possum's Paw, Alabama, standing 6'2" and weighing 150 lbs, the one, the only, the legend... Bootney Farnsworth.

eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky

Post by eCat » Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:42 pm

the difference in my children is becoming very apparent

one is at the computer learning the latin names of marine species - not because of school work but because she has decided she wants to become a Marine Biologist, and she is listening to Beethoven while she does this.

The other is playing Modern Warfare with his online friends Monkeyspank and I'llFuzzU_Up
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

AlabamAlum
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: Alabama
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!

Post by AlabamAlum » Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:51 pm

lol
"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity."
— Abraham Lincoln

Yes, I still miss Coach Bryant.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:06 pm

Heh

It's me Karen
Junior
College Hoops Affiliation: Michigan

Post by It's me Karen » Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:19 pm

lol

Hizzy III
Junior

Post by Hizzy III » Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:23 pm

Nice game between IU and Minnesota tonight. Couple of questionable calls down the stretch against the Gophers but they pull it out on the road.

Big Ten Conference might be the toughest in the land this year.
From the town of Possum's Paw, Alabama, standing 6'2" and weighing 150 lbs, the one, the only, the legend... Bootney Farnsworth.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:37 pm

Tubby beat Crean?

wow
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:55 pm

Tubby just made BRM go for fourths at the Golden Corral.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:37 am

Made??
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:45 am

OK, encouraged.

sardis
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Villanova

Post by sardis » Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:05 am

eCat wrote:the difference in my children is becoming very apparent

one is at the computer learning the latin names of marine species - not because of school work but because she has decided she wants to become a Marine Biologist, and she is listening to Beethoven while she does this.

The other is playing Modern Warfare with his online friends Monkeyspank and I'llFuzzU_Up
But see, at least your son is networking...

I predict the marine biologist will get accepted into an Ivy League school and after 10 years of degrees and $250K in debt will be working at the Cape Fear Aquarium telling toddlers it's ok to touch the stingrays erstwhile needing daddy to co-sign on a one room apartment lease

The Modern Warfare son will go to local state university, be a 2.5 GPA four year marketing major, be a rep for a defense contractor and catch up with his ol' buddies monkeyspank and I'llFuzzU_Up at the Pentagon and rake in a ton of commissions.

BigRedMan
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Indiana

Post by BigRedMan » Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:19 am

Rat and Hedge - can both go eat it.

Good loss for IU. No way they are the 7th best team in the country. They live and die by the 3. They needed a good loss to show them they need to play hard every night and not just expect teams to roll over on them.
Sure, I've been called a xenophobe, but the truth is, I'm not. I honestly just feel that America is the best country and the other countries aren't as good. That used to be called patriotism.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:28 am

sardis wrote:
eCat wrote:the difference in my children is becoming very apparent

But see, at least your son is networking...

I predict the marine biologist will get accepted into an Ivy League school and after 10 years of degrees and $250K in debt will be working at the Cape Fear Aquarium telling toddlers it's ok to touch the stingrays erstwhile needing daddy to co-sign on a one room apartment lease

The Modern Warfare son will go to local state university, be a 2.5 GPA four year marketing major, be a rep for a defense contractor and catch up with his ol' buddies monkeyspank and I'llFuzzU_Up at the Pentagon and rake in a ton of commissions.
the only flaw in your plan is reports cards come out on the 20th and Mr. 2.5GPA is going to be grounded from Xbox until the next report card.

I keep asking the daughter how she is going to become a Marine Biologist living in Cincinnati. There is no way my girl is moving away from me.

crashcourse
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Kansas State

Post by crashcourse » Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:44 am

onion eyed gudgeon wrote:Good morning.

Bwaaaaaahahahah duke.

Bwaaaaaaahahahaha kansas state, lsu.

Go Arizona.

There.... (flush)... now I feel better.
damn--pretty crappy company he's lumping us into

Hedge the shit slinging between AA and whoever is done for entertainment value only

although I do find it disturbing AA is now writing test questions

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/01/08/ge ... that-used/

"Each tree had 56 oranges. If eight slaves pick them equally, then how much would each slave pick?" AA's answer--not enough

"If Frederick got two beatings per day, how many beatings did he get in one week?" AA's answer--not enough

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:53 pm

"If Frederick got two beatings per day, how many beatings did he get in one week?"

That reminded me of a letter Voltaire wrote whilst staying with Frederick the Great. Due to some court intrigue, Voltaire had become aware that Frederick had said, with regard to Voltaire himself, 'I need him for another year at most. We shall squeeze the orange and then throw away the peel." This imagery, naturally, somewhat bothered Voltaire, and he alluded to it in his letter to his friend Mme. Denis:

"Potsdam, October 9, 1751.

My dear plenipotentiary, I am much afraid that my letters will not go via Lord Tyrconnel much longer. He has taken it into his head to burst a large blood-vessel in his chest. It is the broadest and strongest chest imaginable, but the enemy has a footing, and the worst is to be feared.

I am always dreaming of that peel of an orange: I try not to believe it, but I am afraid of being like deceived husbands, who are always forcing themselves to think their wives are faithful. The poor wretches feel at the bottom of their hearts something that warns them of their betrayal.

What I am very sure of is that my gracious master has honoured me with a very sharp bite of his teeth in the Memoirs he has written of his reign since 1740. There are several epigrams in his verses against the Emperor and the King of Poland. Well and good: a king who writes epigrams against kings will naturally write them on his ministers: but he should spare the nobodies.

You must know that his Majesty, in his after-dinner stories, has insinuated a number of little things about his secretary, Darget, at which the secretary is horrified. He makes him play a very odd role in his poem, the Palladium: and the poem is in print. It is true, there are very few copies to be had.

What shall I say? That there is no need to be inconsolable if the great love the nobodies though they laugh at them? But suppose they laugh at them and do not love them--what then? We must laugh in our turn, in our sleeves, and leave them not the less. I must have a little time to remove the money I have invested in the funds here. I shall devote this time to work and patience: and the rest of my life to you.

I am much pleased at the return of brother Isaac d'Argens. He was a little uproarious at first, but now he has put himself in tune with the rest of the orchestra. I have reconciled him with Algarotti. We live like brothers: they come to my room, which I hardly ever leave: from there we go to sup with the King, and sometimes are gay enough. The man who fell from a steeple, and, finding his passage through the air soft, said, Good! provided it lasts, is much as I am.

Goodbye, my dear plenipotentiary: how I wish I could fall on to the top of my house in Paris!"
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.