Moderators: eCat, hedge, Cletus

DooKSucks
G. Pompous Ass, II, Esq.
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Re: Florida State Seminoles

Post by DooKSucks » Sun Jan 08, 2012 2:45 pm

That's reason enough not to trust him. I don't trust you either...
I proudly took AFAM 040 at Carolina.

Bklyn
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Howard
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Post by Bklyn » Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:35 am

Owlman wrote:
'If Fred Got Two Beatings Per Day…' Homework Asks
http://news.yahoo.com/fred-got-two-beat ... -news.html

..............The question read, "Each tree had 56 oranges. If eight slaves pick them equally, then how much would each slave pick?"........
The school response let's you know no one is getting fired...
The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

TheBigMook
Henchman #1
College Hoops Affiliation: Cincinnati

Post by TheBigMook » Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:16 am

Kim Jong Un's Dukakis moment. Well, thats it folks, his chance of winning the election is over! He looks ridiculous in this picture... hunh? whats that you say? Dictatorship? Oh well, nevermind.

THE OG SSG

It's me Karen
Junior
College Hoops Affiliation: Michigan

Post by It's me Karen » Mon Jan 09, 2012 7:17 am

Bklyn wrote:
Owlman wrote:
'If Fred Got Two Beatings Per Day…' Homework Asks
http://news.yahoo.com/fred-got-two-beat ... -news.html

..............The question read, "Each tree had 56 oranges. If eight slaves pick them equally, then how much would each slave pick?"........
The school response let's you know no one is getting fired...
Holy crap. I can't believe they would put something out like that.

Bklyn
All-American

Post by Bklyn » Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:43 am

TheBigMook wrote:Kim Jong Un's Dukakis moment. Well, thats it folks, his chance of winning the election is over! He looks ridiculous in this picture... hunh? whats that you say? Dictatorship? Oh well, nevermind.

Regardless of Jong-Un's general goofiness, I have to expect that North Koreans, above all else, respect fatness. Considering their level of poverty, starvation and agricultural acumen, I would expect them to be proud of their Supreme Leader.

On another note

I watched Chris Wallace try to draw a parallel between Romney's record at Bain (which I don't disparage, fwiw) with the Obama Administration's funding of Solyndra. Shameful shit...and sloppy journalism. I don't expect much from Fox News, but I usually expect more from Wallace.
The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky

Post by eCat » Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:48 am

I actually worked for a Bain owned company when Romney was involved with it.

For us at least it wasn't a slash and burn firesale, we were coming off ownership of a horrendously bad company and they were hands off. Just encouraged us to make money and grow the value of the company so they could sell us later on, which we did and 2 years later they sold us for about $800m more than they paid.

But Mitt Romney never worried about getting a pink slip that didn't have a corporate parachute attached to it. However I will admit, he isn't an extravagant guy considering the wealth he has access to.
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

Owlman
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Rice

Post by Owlman » Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:23 pm

I am never against people making money. Just don't act like you're doing it for my benefit.
My Dad is my hero still.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:51 pm

Texas Rep. Ron Paul's final full day of campaigning in New Hampshire got off to a bizarre start here Monday when he was met by a bullhorn-toting man with a rubber boot on his head who challenged him and President Obama to a "panty-wrestling match to decide it all."

The man, who goes by the name "Vermin Supreme" and is running for president, was waiting in the parking lot as the libertarian icon exited a local diner here and slowly inched his way through the media horde to his black SUV.

"Ron Paul, Ron Paul, Ron Paul, Ron Paul," Vermin purred into the bullhorn, playfully taunting the 12-term Texas congressman. "You are surrounded by the media. The media owns you now."

The bearded satirist apparently has been making the rounds here ahead of the Granite State's first-in-the-nation primary and has run for multiple political offices over the years. And this year, his name appears on the presidential ballot.

"My name is Vermin Supreme, I'm running of the president of America. I stand for mandatory toothbrushing laws," he said, delivering his on-the-fly stump speech. "I'm a friendly fascist, a tyrant you can trust because I know what is best for you. I am on the ballot here in New Hampshire, and you can vote for me. I am Obama's primary primary challenger. I am challenging him and Ron Paul to a debate and an arm-wrestling match, leg-wrestling match and a panty-wrestling match to decide it all — the presidency of the United States."

Asked whether he plans to send troops back into Iraq, Mr. Supreme (Mr. Vermin?) said he wants to send troops "everywhere."

"I propose we will invade and we will make that country a state," he said. "So Iraq would be our 51st state, Afghanistan would be 52nd state. and on and on. Once we change these foreigners to Americans, they will certainly love America and we'll will be able to tax them and it will be a wonderful unified United States of the Earth. Thank you."

It was reported earlier this week that the satirist dropped in on a campaign event for former Pennsylvania Sen. Rick Santorum, where he asked the social conservative, "Will you marry me, Rick?" adding, "Come out with your hands up and your pants down!"

As Mr. Paul made tried to make his exit from the parking lot Monday, Vermin Supreme stood smack in front of Mr. Paul's SUV, slowly walking backward and waving the car forward out of the parking lot, as if challenging the massive vehicle to a duel.

"I know you don't want to run me over," he said into his megaphone. "That would be very bad. That would be very bad press."

A member of the Paul team eventually boxed him out of the way, allowing Mr. Paul and his small entourage to escape.

"What are you, chicken, Ron Paul? Bok, bok, bok, bok, bok," the mock candidate bellowed out at the departing vehicle before playing the music from the "Chicken Dance" through his trusty bullhorn.
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

Bklyn
All-American

Post by Bklyn » Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:44 pm

He ain't got shit on "The Rent Is Too Damn High" guy.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:52 pm

Leroy Jenkins

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:26 pm

[youtube]4d_FvgQ1csE[/youtube]

Bklyn
All-American

Post by Bklyn » Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:55 pm

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Tue Jan 10, 2012 6:50 am

more bullshit - this time its CBS, story put together by Jan Crawford

[img2]http://img.ibtimes.com/www/data/images/ ... 214003.jpg[/img2]

but if you look at CBS poll conducted

sardis
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Villanova

Post by sardis » Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:16 am

Granted CBS is probably screwing Ron Paul; however, your graphic and statistics are totally two different surveys.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:44 am

yea I'm aware of that, but the second poll justifies why Ron Paul should be included in any discussion.

Going into today's primary, he was clearly in second place, had the same number of delegates from Iowa as Romney and Santorum and doesn't even rate a mention on the graphic?

That is bullshit.

What will they say when they talk about the poll? How Mitt Romney is 6 points ahead of Newt and Newt is 8 points behind Obama on a national platform.

AugustWest
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina State

Post by AugustWest » Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:04 am

mainstream media still doesnt get it. they no longer have monopoly access to news sources or dissemination. they scared shitless that people will do their own research and begin to think for themselves. that's why big media supports SOPA. they dont care about freedom of information or exchange of ideas they're making a deal with the devil to maintain the status quo.
U*NC is the cleanest most honest athletic program on the planet. I am jealous of their deserved success, and I'm a mewling cunt.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:24 am

SOPA is just another attempt at the net neutrality act.

The world saw the power of the internet in the Arab spring and Americas first response was to try the same thing the Arab countries did - put an emergency stop button on the internet when the shit hits the fan

AugustWest
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina State

Post by AugustWest » Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:28 pm

and it will work about as well here as it did there. it's a shame when we start taking our ideas about freedom of information from a group of arab dictators.
U*NC is the cleanest most honest athletic program on the planet. I am jealous of their deserved success, and I'm a mewling cunt.

Bklyn
All-American

Post by Bklyn » Tue Jan 10, 2012 4:40 pm

Methinks it's less about uprising...and more about money. It's always a safer bet to say money is the cause. The net marketplace is making piracy and file sharing too easy without the ability to derive any corporate or governmental income from it...so it has to go.

SOPA is a bitch of a bill, but I see some form of it passing in some way over the next 3 - 5 years.

Our best bet is to speak to it with our dollars. GoDaddy was a supporter of SOPA until a mass effort to switch to a different host by many customers made them change their tune. That's our hope to stop this. The corporate cash that will come into political coffers from film, music and software interests will continue to grow until some form of SOPA is inacted.

TheBigMook
Henchman #1
College Hoops Affiliation: Cincinnati

Post by TheBigMook » Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:22 pm

At least we know what Rat has been up to.

http://news.cincinnati.com/article/2012 ... pnews|text|
THE OG SSG