AlabamAlum
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: Alabama
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Re: College Football

Post by AlabamAlum » Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:24 am

DS,

Does South Carolina still have the Rebel flag in their state flag?

Besides your low GPA is that why you chose to be a Cock?
"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity."
— Abraham Lincoln

Yes, I still miss Coach Bryant.

sardis
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Villanova
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!

Post by sardis » Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:30 am

AlabamAlum wrote:I think y'all are both morons for listening to anything Musberger says. Trent's parents have helped and the girls parents have helped - both of sets of parents are what could be described as middle or lower middle class.

But I do dig the Bob Jones guy hating on black people. Seems kinda fitting. With DS, it's what you expect from a 2.64 gpa undergrad, South Carolina grad.
Actually, it was a dig at the University of Alabama on how Trent is getting his "extra cash" for support; however, the rebuke of racism from an Alabaman is definitely something that should be praised...

AlabamAlum
Legend

Post by AlabamAlum » Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:48 am

Sardis,

Do you have any proof of that libelous racism? Or is the "proof" like Bob Jones U's "proof" that the devil placed dinosaur bones on earth to lead Christians away?

Because Trent's parents and his girlfriend's parents are black they can't or won't help support their grandchild, so Trent must be doing something wrong? Shameful.
"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity."
— Abraham Lincoln

sardis
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Villanova

Post by sardis » Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:54 am

Ok, I can see you are still feeling the effects of last night's celebrations. You're seeing things that aren't there...

Hizzy III
Junior
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by Hizzy III » Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:59 am

I just re-read my post-game offering and realize that it might have come off as dissing 'Bama. Not my intention. 'Bama was clearly the better team and deserves their BCS championship. It's just that I was (and still am) completely dismayed at how ill-prepred LSU was on offense. It was weird. Almost like they didn't realize the game was scheduled to be played last night.

Feel bad for the receiver from 'Bama with the hammy injury. You like to see that kind of passion out of your kids. Shows they care and want to give their all.

On the other side of the field, though, you had Tigers looking as if they were more interested in how their draft stock was going to be effected (Honey Badger!).
From the town of Possum's Paw, Alabama, standing 6'2" and weighing 150 lbs, the one, the only, the legend... Bootney Farnsworth.

hedge
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina

Post by hedge » Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:14 am

Honey badger DOES care!
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

crashcourse
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Kansas State
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by crashcourse » Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:31 pm

i It's just that I was (and still am) completely dismayed at how ill-prepred LSU was on offense. It was weird. Almost like they didn't realize the game was scheduled to be played last night.

Yeah I don't care how good bama's defense was last night--and theyr were good but when Jefferson ran the optio n three or four times acting like he never read a defense end in his life basically angling tword the runner instead of parallelling th LOS and pitching his rb straight into the DE was pathetic. at least 3 times he did that. throw in the inexplicable wr screens first on the left then the same on the rt and you wonder wtf miles was doing

not saying bama didn't force them to do stuff they didn't want to do but LSU offense showed they could not run the simplest of playes--plays they ran much better during the season were curiously ran like they were a hight school team.

I understand good defense and tip my hat to it but the atrocious offensive game plan and more importantly the hideous execution on many plays was not due to alabama brilliance on those options as much as it was LSU impotence

AlabamAlum
Legend

Post by AlabamAlum » Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:35 pm

Sardis,

So, no proof? Your wild assumption that a young black man has no family support is telling, and that the support must be gained through some malfeasance is telling. Very telling.

Go back to your Bob Jones prayer circle or don your KKK robe and re-read your tattered "Birth of a Nation" manifesto, but leave your libelous racism from this board.

I have a dream that one day little black children will be afforded the same respect as you grant the children of the members of your chapter of the John Birch Society.

To think, now, in 2012 we are faced with such blatant and grotesque hatred based on nothing more than the color of a small child's skin is sickening.

I know, I know.. spew your "it's not hate, it's culture" and hope that people believe, but I, sir, will have not part in it.

Good day.
— Abraham Lincoln

AlabamAlum
Legend

Post by AlabamAlum » Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:37 pm

Crash,

Everyone has a plan until they're punched in the mouth.
— Abraham Lincoln

BigRedMan
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Indiana

Post by BigRedMan » Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:01 pm

I just heard that LSU team bus is still stuck at the stadium. Someone went out and painted a 50 yard line in front of the bus.
Sure, I've been called a xenophobe, but the truth is, I'm not. I honestly just feel that America is the best country and the other countries aren't as good. That used to be called patriotism.

Hizzy III
Junior

Post by Hizzy III » Tue Jan 10, 2012 2:34 pm

AlabamAlum wrote:Sardis,

So, no proof? Your wild assumption that a young black man has no family support is telling, and that the support must be gained through some malfeasance is telling. Very telling.

Go back to your Bob Jones prayer circle or don your KKK robe and re-read your tattered "Birth of a Nation" manifesto, but leave your libelous racism from this board.

I have a dream that one day little black children will be afforded the same respect as you grant the children of the members of your chapter of the John Birch Society.

To think, now, in 2012 we are faced with such blatant and grotesque hatred based on nothing more than the color of a small child's skin is sickening.

I know, I know.. spew your "it's not hate, it's culture" and hope that people believe, but I, sir, will have not part in it.

Good day.

LOL.

I'm thinking AA carried a little taste of Glenlivet with him to work today.
From the town of Possum's Paw, Alabama, standing 6'2" and weighing 150 lbs, the one, the only, the legend... Bootney Farnsworth.

AlabamAlum
Legend

Post by AlabamAlum » Tue Jan 10, 2012 2:41 pm

Is "glenlivet" some sorta code for my dislike of Sardis' hatred of black people? If so, guilty as charged.

Sardis,

Your e-mail to me where you called Martin Luther King a "terrorist who enabled the uprising of uppity negroes" is beyond the pale. Please remove my address from your e-mail contacts list forthwith. You make me sick.
— Abraham Lincoln

BigRedMan
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Indiana

Post by BigRedMan » Tue Jan 10, 2012 2:42 pm

Sarids = Uncle Ruckus????
Sure, I've been called a xenophobe, but the truth is, I'm not. I honestly just feel that America is the best country and the other countries aren't as good. That used to be called patriotism.

Hizzy III
Junior

Post by Hizzy III » Tue Jan 10, 2012 2:50 pm

The one voter who kept LSU at the top spot was Erik Gee, from KNML in Albuquerque, N.M.. Gee told CBSSports.com's Dennis Dodd in December that it would take "like a 63-0 pasting" by Alabama for the 39-year old radio host to change his vote after the BCS National Championship Game. He believes LSU won the right to the top spot with their performance prior to Monday's 21-0 loss to Alabama, and his final AP Poll vote reflected his firm stance on the issue.

Same difference.

hedge
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina

Post by hedge » Tue Jan 10, 2012 2:53 pm

Dave congratulated AA on the win last night and AA thanked him, but I congratulated him before Dave did and he didn't thank me for my congratulations.

AA = ungrateful, or at least selectively grateful
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

crashcourse
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Kansas State
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by crashcourse » Tue Jan 10, 2012 2:56 pm

AA you should be out celebrating instead of conversing with the likes of us on this day.................................unless your stuck at work with no foresight or confidence in your team to take this day off
I also congratulated him after they went up 15-0 and was ignored

maybe AA is to uppity for the likes of us

AlabamAlum
Legend

Post by AlabamAlum » Tue Jan 10, 2012 3:29 pm

Hedge, crash:

I have you both blocked. It is impossible for me to see your congrats.
— Abraham Lincoln

Dr. Nostron
Junior
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida State

Post by Dr. Nostron » Tue Jan 10, 2012 3:34 pm

Bama's defense did look really nasty last night - would have liked to see how they would have handled Stanford, OK State, Oregon or some other team that knows how to move the ball.

AlabamAlum
Legend

Post by AlabamAlum » Tue Jan 10, 2012 3:40 pm

See how we handled Arkansas for the answer to that question.
— Abraham Lincoln