AlabamAlum
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: Alabama
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Re: Florida State Seminoles

Post by AlabamAlum » Thu Dec 22, 2011 12:08 pm

Spacer,

Yeah. Disturbing. Especially as much as I fly. And working in hospitals for so many years, I am very used to seeing professionals make horrible human errors that kill someone. Just not 200+ at one time.
"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity."
— Abraham Lincoln

Yes, I still miss Coach Bryant.

eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!

Post by eCat » Thu Dec 22, 2011 12:17 pm

not sure why they design a plane where one pilot can pull back on a lever and another can push forward and they cancel each other out.
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

Owlman
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Rice

Post by Owlman » Thu Dec 22, 2011 12:27 pm

agree. Seems like a big design flaw
My Dad is my hero still.

AlabamAlum
Legend

Post by AlabamAlum » Thu Dec 22, 2011 12:48 pm

I think that the left hand (captain's) seat has the master control - that it doesn't cancel each other out.
"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity."
— Abraham Lincoln

Owlman
Senior

Post by Owlman » Thu Dec 22, 2011 12:52 pm

in the article, they said that the computer averages it out between the two sides
My Dad is my hero still.

Owlman
Senior

Post by Owlman » Thu Dec 22, 2011 12:54 pm

Overweight GOP Congressman: First Lady Has a 'Large Posterior'

Republican congressman Jim Sensenbrenner plans to apologize after accusing the First Lady of having what he deems to be a considerable derriere.

http://www.christianpost.com/news/overw ... ior-65481/
My Dad is my hero still.

Bklyn
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Howard

Post by Bklyn » Thu Dec 22, 2011 2:42 pm

sardis wrote:Yeah right, if you are too lazy to reengineer yourself to make yourself more marketable in today's environment, then you will be too lazy to revolt. Look at the Greeks. Their gov't is giving it to them in the ass with austerity and they are mildly protesting.

Blue collar labor is less and less, not just in this country, but worldwide. In this day and age, being "productive" with your hands gets you nowhere, you have to be "productive" with your mind. We can get all sentimental about Joe clock-in and clock-out, but that's the past. You can't enable people to wallow in the past, it does no good for them in the long run.
Talk about misdirection...
The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

Bklyn
All-American

Post by Bklyn » Thu Dec 22, 2011 2:43 pm

Owlman wrote:Overweight GOP Congressman: First Lady Has a 'Large Posterior'

Republican congressman Jim Sensenbrenner plans to apologize after accusing the First Lady of having what he deems to be a considerable derriere.

http://www.christianpost.com/news/overw ... ior-65481/
White people. One man's fat...another man's phat.
The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

Bklyn
All-American

Post by Bklyn » Thu Dec 22, 2011 2:47 pm

I also don't understand how anyone can attack the First Lady's "Let's Move" campaign and defend it as anything but partisan or personal "hateration." Michelle Obama has never regulated what anyone eats outside of her own kitchen.

Owlman
Senior

Post by Owlman » Thu Dec 22, 2011 5:13 pm

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/bush ... 28855.html

George H.W. Bush calls Mitt Romney ‘the best choice’ in 2012 campaign
My Dad is my hero still.

Saint
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by Saint » Thu Dec 22, 2011 7:21 pm

Bklyn wrote:The 1%ers have to keep the clueless & the arrogant away from the microphone...

http://seekingalpha.com/article/315080- ... ors_alerts

Interesting quote from BB&T's Allison, who is vigorously defended by my neighbors, both BB&T mid-level employees (and Republicans) about how he is such a good CEO and their bank wasn't part of the bailout problem. They also have said, with straight faces, that Obama hates regional banks and is trying to destroy BB&T and others like it.

Bklyn
All-American

Post by Bklyn » Thu Dec 22, 2011 9:03 pm

Owlman wrote:http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/bush ... 28855.html

Which makes sense considering Mitt is pretty much the only candidate who wasn't mentioned in a terrible light here...

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/arc ... ge/250315/

sardis
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Villanova

Post by sardis » Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:20 pm

eCat wrote:there is alot of truth to that but that fails to address the 99% versus 1% inequality.

and the government is fighting to make it worse by referring to the 1% as job creators in a time where we are facing long term unemployment and a massive number of people at or below the poverty line.
It's not government policies that is causing the inequality. It's not tax policy, it's not NAFTA, it's not the weakening of unions. The cause of inequality is technology, plain and simple. It doesn't take as much labor to build a road, run a warehouse, manufacture an auto, etc. It doesn't matter what type of government you have the blue collar non-college educated worker will decrease and decrease and not gain. Even the Chicon's manufacturing sector will eventually diminish as they compete with the lower waged Vietnam and Cambodia.

The economy changes fast. You will change your career multiple times to keep up, if you're smart.

eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky

Post by eCat » Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:30 pm

I don't think the 99% really give a damn whose fault it is.

They aren't in the mood to hear about how the rich get richer and the politicians they vote in are willing to play politics with a $1000 a year tax increase in order to protect them.

At the end of the day, all the 99% can do is revolt - either by voting out the politicians protecting the 1% or some other means.

The issue isn't about technology changing, its about the reality that America doesn't value education to keep up with the changing technology.

We haven't changed our school system since 1955. We have a 12 year system that revolves around an agricultural timetable and is designed to mass produce unskilled factory workers.

I can buy a car at 2.9% interest and get a home loan for 4%, but a college education, which has gone up at a rate 4x inflation requires a student to get a loan at 9% that bypasses standard bankruptcy laws. If the education I choose is more expensive than the loans I can receive then I am required to have a co-signer back the unsecured education loan if I can find a lender still doing that at all.

We foot the bill for the first 12 years and for the most part don't think twice about it, but we also admit that for anyone to pull themselves out of a poverty level existence, a high school education isn't enough. For America to be competitive in the global markets we have to have highly trained workers, but we leave the cost of that training on the backs of those who can least afford it .

Until we value an education as a society and not as individuals, this disparity in the wealthy , middle class and poor will continue to grow worse and we'll see a steady decline in the overall living standard of Americans who demand government services to close the gap (and will continue to vote in politicians that promise it) at a time when America needs to implement austerity measures.
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

Bklyn
All-American

Post by Bklyn » Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:36 pm

EFZ. Saved me a gang of keystrokes.

Also, the stagnation of wages for Americans has nothing to do manual labor, or not solely due to manual labor, more accurately.

Bklyn
All-American

Post by Bklyn » Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:57 pm

I don't know what's the big deal. I always recommend everyone get out of Michigan, regardless. I think they should plow over 65% of the state and just grow apples there.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/12/23/us/mi ... &seid=auto

Owlman
Senior

Post by Owlman » Fri Dec 23, 2011 1:36 am

Bklyn wrote:
Owlman wrote:http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/bush ... 28855.html

Which makes sense considering Mitt is pretty much the only candidate who wasn't mentioned in a terrible light here...

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/arc ... ge/250315/
Hell, I'm still waiting to find out what Mick's economic plan is besides "I know how to do it?" What will he do? Keep the Bush tax cut? Then the deficit gets worse. Cut the govt? What? If you aren't going to touch the military or SS or medicare or medicaid, then it won't make much of a dent. How about some leadership for the House Republicans or Senate today (instead of "I'm not going to get in that").

Still it looks like Mick versus Obama.
My Dad is my hero still.

AlabamAlum
Legend

Post by AlabamAlum » Fri Dec 23, 2011 2:42 pm

This is hilarious:

During the procedure, he smoked a cigar and had the woman hold the IV bag, Stillman said. She was conscious under local anesthesia.

A few days later, the doctor showed up at her home with 6 pounds of her fat, Stillman said. Saying he needed a place to dispose of the material, he allegedly flushed it down the toilet.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2 ... rgeon.html
— Abraham Lincoln

Bklyn
All-American

Post by Bklyn » Fri Dec 23, 2011 2:46 pm

and he almost got away with it if it weren't for those meddling abdominal infections.