Moderators: eCat, hedge, Cletus

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Re: Ostensibly Hoops

Post by Jungle Rat » Sun Dec 11, 2011 6:48 pm

Those suspensions by UC are a joke as are the ones dished out to X. Tu gets 1 game and the most is 4? C'mon Man! Hopefully their respective leagues tack on some more. Yates should be gone and the immigrant at least should sit out 10.

TheBigMook
Henchman #1
College Hoops Affiliation: Cincinnati
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by TheBigMook » Sun Dec 11, 2011 8:22 pm

Big East agreed with UC's suspensions. I thought UC would dish out 4 to Gates and Mbodj. Not sure why Ellis got 6 too, haven't looked that close at the tape. Guyn got tossed in for a game just because he was verbally responding to Tu it seems. XU's are a fucking joke. Particularly Tu's is ridiculous. He gets the same as Guyn? Not only was it his squawking that instigated, he has been totally unapolegetic. They obviously went for "what hurts our team the least" because even Lyons got 2 games and he wasn't doing anything worse than Tu, they should have both gotten at least 4 games (2 for in game behavior and 2 for post game behavior.) Oh well, guess its more important to get W's at XU than to produce decent human beings. Gangstas indeed.
THE OG SSG

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Sun Dec 11, 2011 8:54 pm

I think Mick has been awesome in all of this. I totally respect everything he has said and done since this happened. Mack has disappointed me. Tu was talking shit to the UC bench from the start. I guess my biggest issue is with the refs after finally watching it. They let it get there. Mick tried to call a to because he saw what was coming but was brushed off. You can see that in the video.

Final take? X was the better team on the court but they wouldn't fair to well in an alley fight. X lost a lost of national respect putting those fools up on stage. UC lost the game but they demolished X in the way they handled the situation.

eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Post by eCat » Sun Dec 11, 2011 8:56 pm

If Cronin didn't say what he did, in the light of what has transpired over the past couple of years with coaches who appeared to either protect their players or the program, he would have been crucified in the press.
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:36 pm

I think he was very honest and has backed it up. Mack disappointed me.

Who the hell is Lucky Stripe?

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:49 pm

Jungle Rat wrote:I think he was very honest and has backed it up. Mack disappointed me.

Who the hell is Lucky Stripe?

but you just said this
Those suspensions by UC are a joke as are the ones dished out to X. Tu gets 1 game and the most is 4? C'mon Man! Hopefully their respective leagues tack on some more. Yates should be gone and the immigrant at least should sit out 10.
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:18 pm

Cronin has been spot on in his comments since the fight. I think all of the suspensions are a joke.

Saint
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina

Post by Saint » Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:11 am

Loki! good to have you back. too bad Gator don't come around as much anymore. he'll be glad to know you resurfaced.

Saint
All-American

Post by Saint » Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:13 am

the dude who threw the punch should be given a longer suspension, perhaps even kicked off the team. the dude who stomped/kicked the big guy when he was down should be thrown out of school.

TheBigMook
Henchman #1

Post by TheBigMook » Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:36 am

There were more punches thrown. They did a thorough review to really figure out what was going on. I think the reason Gates didn't get a longer suspension is that they saw he was reacting to someone swinging at him. Frease was the wrong target... though Frease also headbutted Gates in a Crosstown Shootout a couple of seasons ago. Same sort of deal with Mboj. At first view it looks like he is trying to curb stomp Frease, but I think with a close eye, the kick was a bit more incidental rather than intentional. At least that's what I'm reading between the lines in the more recent interviews with Cronin. On the other hand, that is also probably how Ellis ended up with a six game suspension. The initial video catches Gates and Mbodj involved but further review must have caught Ellis throwing a punch or something equally egregious.

On the other hand... feel free to hold your breath waiting for a scolding Opinion piece from one of the Enquirer sports writers on how light the punishment was for the XU players.

BTW, the two players XU suspended 4 games. One was the ass who started the whole fight by blindsiding Gyun and pushing him to the floor. The other... a walk-on who doesn't play anyway. You stay classy Musketeers!
THE OG SSG

LuckyStrike
Recruit
College Hoops Affiliation: Louisville

Post by LuckyStrike » Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:49 am

I have to agree with Rat on just about everything. And regarding Tu "Gangsta" Holloway, I haven't examined the fight closely enough to see who did what (although a did see a few X players swinging wildly enough in the air to warrant tougher suspensions than what was handed out) ... but after watching the press conference, Tu should be both suspended and thrown out of school for being an idiot.
Jungle Rat wrote:Those suspensions by UC are a joke as are the ones dished out to X. Tu gets 1 game and the most is 4? C'mon Man! Hopefully their respective leagues tack on some more. Yates should be gone and the immigrant at least should sit out 10.

TheBigMook
Henchman #1

Post by TheBigMook » Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:57 am

I just did a quick rewatch of the video and you can see both Lyons and Wells ganging up on a UC player (Gyun maybe?) throwing haymakers. Just watch the video and keep an eye on #5 and #10. Fucking ridiculous that those two only got a TOTAL of 6 games between them. That's two guys on tape clearly throwing punches. One of them is the same ass that kicked off the brawl with the shove and the OTHER is the same ass that sat next to Tu in the press conference and justified the fight instead of apologizing.
THE OG SSG

Saint
All-American

Post by Saint » Mon Dec 12, 2011 4:14 am

Dez Wells of X, one of the instigators, was one of CJ Leslie's and John Wall's teammates at Raleigh Word of God, a sanctified place of higher learning if ever there was one.

DooKSucks
G. Pompous Ass, II, Esq.

Post by DooKSucks » Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:52 am

Saint wrote:Dez Wells of X, one of the instigators, was one of CJ Leslie's and John Wall's teammates at Raleigh Word of God, a sanctified place of higher learning if ever there was one.
So, X pays its players...
I proudly took AFAM 040 at Carolina.

Owlman
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Rice

Post by Owlman » Mon Dec 12, 2011 12:33 pm

I agree that there should be longer suspensions by both schools. But Gates, who reached over someone to hit a guy who hadn't thrown a punch (Frease) and the player that kicked Frease while he was on the ground should get the longest of any on the team.

If I'm X's coach, Tu gets two games. But Tu didn't throw the first punch. He was jawing at the Cin player and pushed after being pushed. That being said, If I'm X's coach, I'd have them running laps and put them and force them to publicly apologize to the school and to the rest of the team.
My Dad is my hero still.

Owlman
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Rice

Post by Owlman » Mon Dec 12, 2011 12:43 pm

Okay, I muxt humbly change my point. Another view apparently showed Tu as throwing the first punch. I'd give Tu therefore at least 5 games (Yates would still get more because of the sucker punch)
My Dad is my hero still.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Mon Dec 12, 2011 12:49 pm

that press conference afterwards should get Xavier's players suspended.

Zip them up? wtf?

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Mon Dec 12, 2011 12:57 pm

[youtube]WqG7eSRAyfg[/youtube]

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:30 pm

Tu did this the entire game. Tell me he deserves just one game.

http://www.local12.com/mediacenter/loca ... id=3095179

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:48 pm