Worth. Every. Cent.

DooKSucks
G. Pompous Ass, II, Esq.
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Re: Tennessee Volunteers

Post by DooKSucks » Thu Nov 24, 2011 10:17 pm

AlabamAlum wrote:The cancel UT games is funny. Recruiting doesn't make sense. The Vols get a lot of football coverage in NC. It's not like a recruit in that area is going to be swayed to the buckeyes because they played the tar heels as opposed to the vols.
They get coverage in western NC. Most of the football talent is in eastern and central NC.
I proudly took AFAM 040 at Carolina.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Fri Nov 25, 2011 12:02 am

If that.

Orangefreak
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Tennessee
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Post by Orangefreak » Fri Nov 25, 2011 1:20 am

Happy Thanksgiving everyone. May your turkey be plentiful. Unfortunately, mine was.

::pats stomach::
Let the Jones era begin

Dr. Strangelove
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Cornell

Post by Dr. Strangelove » Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:56 am

The Vols didn't exactly fight us too hard to keep us on the schedule. Indeed, the article notes the dropped series was a mutual decision. Considering the Vols have been trying desperately to avoid having to go to Eugene in 2013, I can believe they are also looking to soften the schedule a bit and wouldn't want to face the Buckeyes

DooKSucks
G. Pompous Ass, II, Esq.

Post by DooKSucks » Fri Nov 25, 2011 11:52 am

Hell, the Vols bought out our series against them. Then again, when you're worse than us, I can see why you are trying to get out of every decent OOC game.

Hacksaw
Senior
Location: Pacific Northwest (specifically, the greater portland oregon metropolitan area)

Post by Hacksaw » Fri Nov 25, 2011 12:16 pm

Dr. Strangelove wrote:The Vols didn't exactly fight us too hard to keep us on the schedule. Indeed, the article notes the dropped series was a mutual decision. Considering the Vols have been trying desperately to avoid having to go to Eugene in 2013, I can believe they are also looking to soften the schedule a bit and wouldn't want to face the Buckeyes
Well, you can believe what you want, obviously. What I've seen says OSU dropped us -- not the other way around. We rightfully took criticism for dropping UNC. But, as I stated at the time, dropping them wasn't as embarrassing to our program as the fact that we ever scheduled them in the first place.
Deep thought of the day: "I was adopted. I thank my birth mother every day for not aborting me (although I wouldn't doubt her decision if she did)."

Dr. Strangelove
Senior

Post by Dr. Strangelove » Fri Nov 25, 2011 3:42 pm

Hacksaw wrote:
Dr. Strangelove wrote:The Vols didn't exactly fight us too hard to keep us on the schedule. Indeed, the article notes the dropped series was a mutual decision. Considering the Vols have been trying desperately to avoid having to go to Eugene in 2013, I can believe they are also looking to soften the schedule a bit and wouldn't want to face the Buckeyes
Well, you can believe what you want, obviously. What I've seen says OSU dropped us -- not the other way around. We rightfully took criticism for dropping UNC. But, as I stated at the time, dropping them wasn't as embarrassing to our program as the fact that we ever scheduled them in the first place.
From what I've read, we asked first, but Tennessee was thinking about dropping the series themselves. That's why you're not asking for a buyout or replacement. The SEC may go to a 9 game conference schedule by then anyways. The Big10 will be.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Fri Nov 25, 2011 3:45 pm

The Big 10. Heh. Didn't OSU just also snake out on Cincy as well? Seems to me they are ducking, knowing what is coming. Im sure Bowling Green and Miami are looking for a nice payday.

10ac
Senior

Post by 10ac » Fri Nov 25, 2011 4:52 pm

It's evident who did the ducking. UT is probably relieved to not have to go play cheaters in a conference rife with rampant homosexual pediphilia.
Let 'er Blow!

DooKSucks
G. Pompous Ass, II, Esq.

Post by DooKSucks » Fri Nov 25, 2011 5:10 pm

Hacksaw wrote:
Heh. Yet you lost to us in what was essentially a home game last year...

Hacksaw
Senior
Location: Pacific Northwest (specifically, the greater portland oregon metropolitan area)

Post by Hacksaw » Fri Nov 25, 2011 6:25 pm

You needed the assistance of a bunch of incompetent referees and a rule that is so stupid that they changed it as a result of the injustice that happened in that game. And that was against one of our worst teams ever. Congrats.
Deep thought of the day: "I was adopted. I thank my birth mother every day for not aborting me (although I wouldn't doubt her decision if she did)."

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Fri Nov 25, 2011 6:37 pm

So sad, yet expected

Big Orange Junky
Junior

Post by Big Orange Junky » Fri Nov 25, 2011 9:48 pm

Hacksaw wrote:
Actually they changed it because they DIDN'T follow the rules.

They were supposed to stand over the ball and not allow a snap until all substitutions are made. They just did that the other night in a high profile game and the fans for the hurry up team booed but it's what you are supposed to do when the offense makes substitutions.

They didn't do that and allowed them to snap the ball before all their substitutions were made. On top of that they called the wrong penalty, too many men on the field, when in reality it should have been illegal participation due to there actually being 12 men that participated and one trying to get off the field.

They botched it all around and they changed the rule this year so it wouldn't be so fast paced at the end like that and the refs don't have to make snap judgements about things at the end of the game.

They still are supposed to stand over the ball though, that part didn't get changed. By the rules in place last year the time should have expired and UNC should have never gotten the snap to even get the penalty.

Dr. Strangelove
Senior

Post by Dr. Strangelove » Sat Nov 26, 2011 1:51 am

Jungle Rat wrote:The Big 10. Heh. Didn't OSU just also snake out on Cincy as well? Seems to me they are ducking, knowing what is coming. Im sure Bowling Green and Miami are looking for a nice payday.
We are still playing Cinci. The years just got changed from 2012/2014 to 2014/2018. And it was Cinci who approached OSU about the change. When TCU joined the Big East it screwed up BE schedules and they wanted to postpone the 2012 game. Then everything went to hell and TCU isn't joining anymore but we decided to just postpone the game anyway

Orangefreak
Senior

Post by Orangefreak » Sat Nov 26, 2011 9:20 am

Ummm... yeah... all of this... is interesting... ::yawn::

WE ARE GOING TO WOOP THE SHIAT OUT OF KY FOR THE UPTEENTH TIME!! WOOT TOOT WOOT!!! Music Bowl here we come!!
Let the Jones era begin

Dr. Strangelove
Senior

Post by Dr. Strangelove » Sat Nov 26, 2011 10:51 am

A breathless nation awaits the results of Hilljack Bowl CVII

Hacksaw
Senior

Post by Hacksaw » Sat Nov 26, 2011 12:57 pm

Vol Nation is interested. We don't give a shit about what anyone else thinks -- least of all some bucknut jerkwad.

Orangefreak
Senior

Post by Orangefreak » Sat Nov 26, 2011 12:58 pm

This bowl is a time honored classic. We play. KY reminds everyone why they are and always will be our bitches. Timeless.
Let the Jones era begin

Hacksaw
Senior

Post by Hacksaw » Sat Nov 26, 2011 1:04 pm

Last game of the season. Just goes to figure we have to have one more injury. Vincent Dallas out with a broken hand...

http://www.govolsxtra.com/news/2011/nov ... artner=RSS