Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Re: Florida State Seminoles

Post by eCat » Sun Nov 20, 2011 6:38 pm

I didn't even realize this about sequestration

from Rand Paul.....

"Paul said the major cuts to budget of the Department of Defense wouldn’t actually amount to spending cuts, only cuts in proposed expenditures.

“I think we need to be honest about it,” Paul said. “The interesting thing is there will be no cuts in military spending. This may surprise some people, but there will be no cuts in military spending because we're only cutting proposed increases. If we do nothing, military spending goes up 23% over 10 years. If we sequester the money, it will still go up 16%. So spending is still rising under any of these plans. In fact, if you look at both alternatives, spending is still going up. We're only cutting proposed increases in spending.”"

so even when we have forced cuts, they aren't cuts.

this is surreal
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

Bklyn
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Howard
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!

Post by Bklyn » Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:44 pm

This is Washington.
The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

Owlman
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Rice

Post by Owlman » Mon Nov 21, 2011 1:28 am

This is the same as normal budgeting for most corporations. Know your debt requirements over time and what you need to spend to anticipate those requirements, including new acquisitions.
My Dad is my hero still.

Saint
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by Saint » Mon Nov 21, 2011 1:42 am

it's just a new generation of pigs itching to whip some hippie ass

Bklyn
All-American

Post by Bklyn » Tue Nov 22, 2011 8:09 am

This Super Committee nonsense reminds me of the NBA Lockout. Players are Dems. Owners are Repubs.
The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Tue Nov 22, 2011 8:56 am

Owlman wrote:This is the same as normal budgeting for most corporations. Know your debt requirements over time and what you need to spend to anticipate those requirements, including new acquisitions.

its misrepresentation to the American public, and Leon Panetta is an ass for making people believe that the military will be bare bones by only increasing spending by 16% as opposed to 23%.
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

Owlman
Senior

Post by Owlman » Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:51 pm

its misrepresentation to the American public,
Only to those who are like Joe the Plumber who have no earthly idea about how business is run (which I guess is the majority of the public)
My Dad is my hero still.

Toemeesleather
Senior

Post by Toemeesleather » Tue Nov 22, 2011 2:13 pm

Only to those who are like Barry Obammer who have no earthly idea about how business is run

Fixed that for ya.
I saw a werewolf drinking a pina colada at Trader Vic's.

Bklyn
All-American

Post by Bklyn » Tue Nov 22, 2011 2:15 pm

Wow. Pwned.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Tue Nov 22, 2011 4:21 pm

Owlman wrote:
its misrepresentation to the American public,
Only to those who are like Joe the Plumber who have no earthly idea about how business is run (which I guess is the majority of the public)

why in the world would the average American think when told the government is going to have to cut spending they should know that the government was cutting future spending increases because some business would do that.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:59 pm

so Gingrich says child labor laws are out of date and poor children should be able to clean schools to earn money for their family.

my first reaction is wow, I can't see that sitting well with heartland America, no matter how pragmatic he thinks it is.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:23 pm

Now you see why Obama wins again?

Owlman
Senior

Post by Owlman » Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:47 pm

why in the world would the average American think when told the government is going to have to cut spending they should know that the government was cutting future spending increases because some business would do that.
Because, it's the truth and it's the way most businesses in this country operate.
My Dad is my hero still.

Owlman
Senior

Post by Owlman » Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:49 pm

Bklyn wrote:Wow. Pwned.
Leave Toe alone. You pity the person that thinks Joe the Plumber knows anything about business.
My Dad is my hero still.

Owlman
Senior

Post by Owlman » Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:51 pm

Jungle Rat wrote:Now you see why Obama wins again?
This headline (below) is why Romney will beat Obama in the next election:

Poll: Fox News Viewers Less Informed Than Those Who Read No News

http://gawker.com/5861733/poll-fox-news ... ad-no-news

Supports a December poll from the Maryland that said that "that daily Fox News viewers were the most misinformed, regardless of political party."
My Dad is my hero still.

Owlman
Senior

Post by Owlman » Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:04 am

A couple of the questions:

1) Did Protests in Egypt Bring Down the Regime of Hosni Mubarek?
-------------YES NO Don't Know
NPR -------68% 18% 14%
CNN ------57% 20% 23%
MSNBC ----57% 19% 24%
Local TV---52% 22% 26%
Fox News--49% 24% 27%

2) Did Protests in Syria Bring Down the Regime?
------------ YES NO Don't Know
NPR -------17% 66% 15%
CNN -------18% 50% 32%
MSNBC-----17% 48% 35%
Local TV-- 19% 47% 34%
Fox News--20% 45% 35%
My Dad is my hero still.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:45 am

Gingrich scares the shit out of me. He is more war crazy than Karl Rove

Watching a replay of the debate, I realize now that Romney comes in completely scripted - no one up there does more to prep that him, but he is a deer in the headlights once he has to get off script and he is scared to death of saying something wrong.

I thought Huntsman was actually very impressive tonight. He also brought up the Chinese doing mining. Of course, China is about all he can reference.

Owlman
Senior

Post by Owlman » Wed Nov 23, 2011 1:19 am

Gingrich I've always thought as the most knowledgeable and bombastic of the group. I wouldn't turn my back on Romney if he had a butter knife in his hand. No telling what he is or what he'll do. Bachmann still thinks she can say what she says to her constituents. Cain has no depth. Huntsman is probably the best candidate of the bunch but he isn't even the top Mormon. If Pawlenty hadn't dropped out, it'd be his turn to lead (I bet he's kicking himself right now).

Ron Paul is being shut out by the conservative media even more than the liberal media. I liberal friend of mine said that if Romney gets the nomination, he'll get a conservative independent run from somebody, I told him from who?? It won't be Paul and the rest have already proven that they can't get consensus.
My Dad is my hero still.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Wed Nov 23, 2011 1:46 am

that's funny, I was thinking Pawlenty is pissed too because the name of the game is just ride it out long enough to become the flavor of the week and see if you can survive the scrutiny. He could have done well.

The GOP hates Ron Paul because when it becomes apparent he won't win, he'll refuse to endorse a GOP candidate and all his supporters will refuse to vote GOP because they are pissed off. When McCain was heading up the republican convention, Ron Paul had a campaign for liberty convention that drew thousands of people. McCain pleaded with him to endorse him with some backroom offer and Paul refused.

Whether its right to take your ball and go home after a primary, its going to happen and his 8-9% , I believe will swing the vote over to Obama - but I readily admit I really have no gauge as to how many democrats are disenchanted with Obama. I just figure that democrats are more loyal to their party line than the GOP.

I like Huntsman. I think he is stronger on foreign policy than domestic and I'm not sure he'd have any idea how to address the economy or the debt (other than save money on foreign policy), but the guy seems honest and sincere, and I like the way he addresses the people he talks to.

Gingrich pisses me off. He is always talking down to the moderator "well the real question is" - no goddammit - the real question is the one you were asked, don't change the topic. Bachman is a same way - instead of giving an answer that won't be popular , she just uses up all her time explaining the core issues without ever getting around to addressing the question.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Wed Nov 23, 2011 1:57 am

Owlman wrote:
Jungle Rat wrote:Now you see why Obama wins again?
This headline (below) is why Romney will beat Obama in the next election:

Poll: Fox News Viewers Less Informed Than Those Who Read No News

http://gawker.com/5861733/poll-fox-news ... ad-no-news

Supports a December poll from the Maryland that said that "that daily Fox News viewers were the most misinformed, regardless of political party."
I'm not sure I believe that but I do happen to believe that people that watch Fox exclusively have an unrealistic view of the world, American politics and their place in it.