Moderators: eCat, hedge, Cletus

Ben Washburn
Recruit
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Re: Ostensibly Hoops

Post by Ben Washburn » Sun Nov 20, 2011 1:45 pm

It pains me to have to post this, maybe it's been posted before and summarily dealt with. If not, in spite of all reason we may have to move the croc over the housecat into second place behind the mighty bear:

http://www.economist.com/node/21538078
This is a block of text that I added to posts I make. There is a 255 character limit but I didn't need to use it all.

Bklyn
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Howard
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!

Post by Bklyn » Sun Nov 20, 2011 4:21 pm

Here, here. I second the motion to drop the big cat down one spot to third place.

You can't argue with science.
The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

Cats rule
Sophomore
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky

Post by Cats rule » Sun Nov 20, 2011 5:01 pm

i believe it will be discerned that the reason for the absence of bear tracks on the 'dinosaur highway' is that they were all wearing crocodilian boots...

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Sun Nov 20, 2011 6:45 pm

Ben Washburn wrote:It pains me to have to post this, maybe it's been posted before and summarily dealt with. If not, in spite of all reason we may have to move the croc over the housecat into second place behind the mighty bear:

http://www.economist.com/node/21538078
I've been telling you morons this for years. Where was the bear back then huh?

AlabamAlum
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: Alabama

Post by AlabamAlum » Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:04 pm

DOWN GOES PURDUE!!

DOWN GOES PURDUE!!

DOWN GOES PURDUE!!

Alabama beats Purdue, 65-56, to win the Puerto Rico TipOff. Nice road trip with wins over Maryland, Wichita State and the Boilermakers.
"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity."
— Abraham Lincoln

Yes, I still miss Coach Bryant.

The Anti k*
Junior

Post by The Anti k* » Mon Nov 21, 2011 12:03 am

Glad to see you so hyped up for basketball, AA. It'll make it easier when Bama gets leapfrogged for the BCS title game, due to not winning their division of the SEC*.

* = No need to smack me down for the gridiron jab. I know Carolina football sucks. We can't even win when we're cheating.

Saint
All-American
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by Saint » Mon Nov 21, 2011 1:23 am

Henson did suck his freshman year, goldie. He was terrible and so was UNC.

you've just proved again that you A) know nothing about hoops and B) are an utter dipshit.

keep it coming, assbreath

Cats rule
Sophomore

Post by Cats rule » Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:45 am

^ be all that as it may, surely you weren't touting the weari as better ballers than henson?

hedge's doing so (as claimed by goldenbear) can be dismissed as the drug-addled ramblings of a pickled-brained lush, but you're supposed to be (somewhat of) a professional?

AlabamAlum
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: Alabama

Post by AlabamAlum » Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:22 am

If we get leap frogged, we get leapfrogged. I think if we beat AU, we're in, though. I think there is enough respect for the SEC West and for Bama to get the nod. All the teams that would go in our place have flamed out. But if it happens, it happens. We didn't take care of business, so we've got not room for tears.

Re basketball: we are playing great defensively and marginally offensively - which will be enough for a nice season.
"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity."
— Abraham Lincoln

Yes, I still miss Coach Bryant.

crashcourse
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Kansas State

Post by crashcourse » Mon Nov 21, 2011 12:03 pm

I don't think that's really Goldie

2-3 posts all multiple paragraphs and not a single mispell/gramatical fokup

impressive run in puertorico

we beat loyola of chicago for our highlight of the year
tuf games coming up though--luv our two new freshman

tiger had the putter working well saturday night--he looks like a guarenteed multiple winner next year to me.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida

Post by Jungle Rat » Mon Nov 21, 2011 12:24 pm

Fear the croc. Dinosaurs did.

Cats rule
Sophomore

Post by Cats rule » Mon Nov 21, 2011 12:44 pm

i was impressed w/ 'bama's team this weekend. I watched most of their wichita st. and @ 1/2 of their purdue games. they may be the cats' biggest competition this year in the sec.

Owlman
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Rice

Post by Owlman » Mon Nov 21, 2011 12:57 pm

Bama's basketball team looks mighty strong. Can actually win the SEC this year.
My Dad is my hero still.

sardis
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Villanova

Post by sardis » Mon Nov 21, 2011 1:27 pm

To me, Tiger looked good the whole tournament. He was just stuck with some shitty partners before Sunday. Clearly had the best round of the day yesterday under pressure circumstances. Had Baddely crumplin in a corner begging for his daddy Norman to find a way to bail him out. That Ishikawa kid looks pretty incredible. You can tell Phil has cashed it in. He's got his few majors and a buttload of money. No need to press himself any harder. Bubba Watson has got to be the most overrated player the Americans have.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Mon Nov 21, 2011 3:57 pm

What was that story AA told about "call me Ishmael" when he went to Starbuck's that time?

I was in NYC for the Dook/UK double header. Didn't make it to the Garden, but I did watch both games on tv. I loved when UK and Kansas almost got into a fight as a result of T. Jones flopping his ass off and then the Kansas guy stepped over him and then the whole UK team turned into a troupe of enraged baboons showing their asses. Wonder why Crow nor non of the other UK contingent who always whine about Carolina guys flopping didn't have anything to say about Jones's flopping?

We went down to "Occupy Wall Street" (yeah, right), it was basically about 150 young 'uns who were evidently pissed that they missed the 1960's (and a couple of local yahoos holding up signs, my favorite being "Uh, how greedy can a motherfucker be?"). It was basically a glorified drum circle, of which I've seen much better on any given Sunday in Golden Gate Park (from which vantage point Muir Woods is easily visible). Yesterday a crowd gathered outside Bloomberg's swanky residence on corner of circa 77th and Park Ave., and then marched over to Central Park to start up the drum circle again. One of the marchers was some topless chick with OK tits, so that was good. Somebody handed me a flag, so now I'm part of "the movement". Down with corporate greed!
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

BigRedMan
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Indiana
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by BigRedMan » Mon Nov 21, 2011 4:02 pm

And the funny thing is if "Wall Street" walked out there and offered them 50K / year jobs, they would drop their signs like they were poison. Then after 6 months they would be telling the next group of people out there to get a job and quit bitching.
Sure, I've been called a xenophobe, but the truth is, I'm not. I honestly just feel that America is the best country and the other countries aren't as good. That used to be called patriotism.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Mon Nov 21, 2011 4:04 pm

3:25 mark, watch Jones's arms fly as he flops his ass off then gets stomped on by the Kansas player...

[youtube]cgWSuT72TkY[/youtube]

Dave23
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Memphis

Post by Dave23 » Mon Nov 21, 2011 4:05 pm

Fuck a bunch of hippies...it's time for Memphis/Michigan on the deuce...
The older I get the more I pretty much hate every cocksucker that is making decisions in this world and all of the idiots that root for political parties like sports teams. — aTm

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Mon Nov 21, 2011 4:10 pm

That's me in the green shirt and toboggan behind the dude in the red hat. Also me (still in green shirt) standing on the wall in the back at the 30 second mark of the video at the bottom of the page, and again at the 39 seconds mark holding the flag...

http://www.amny.com/urbanite-1.812039/o ... -1.3335404

Bklyn
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Howard

Post by Bklyn » Mon Nov 21, 2011 4:14 pm

hedge wrote:What was that story AA told about "call me Ishmael" when he went to Starbuck's that time?

I was in NYC for the Dook/UK double header. Didn't make it to the Garden, but I did watch both games on tv. I loved when UK and Kansas almost got into a fight as a result of T. Jones flopping his ass off and then the Kansas guy stepped over him and then the whole UK team turned into a troupe of enraged baboons showing their asses. Wonder why Crow nor non of the other UK contingent who always whine about Carolina guys flopping didn't have anything to say about Jones's flopping?

We went down to "Occupy Wall Street" (yeah, right), it was basically about 150 young 'uns who were evidently pissed that they missed the 1960's (and a couple of local yahoos holding up signs, my favorite being "Uh, how greedy can a motherfucker be?"). It was basically a glorified drum circle, of which I've seen much better on any given Sunday in Golden Gate Park (from which vantage point Muir Woods is easily visible). Yesterday a crowd gathered outside Bloomberg's swanky residence on corner of circa 77th and Park Ave., and then marched over to Central Park to start up the drum circle again. One of the marchers was some topless chick with OK tits, so that was good. Somebody handed me a flag, so now I'm part of "the movement". Down with corporate greed!
As I said in FSU...OWS just screams Hamsterdam for Yuppie Offspring, to me. I never did go downtown to look at them. I wish they had a coherent agenda, but there is no agenda by design...which I find counterproductive.

The funnier thing to me is that the whole Occupy movement was started by a Canadian who was raised in Germany and Australia.
The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.