Moderators: eCat, hedge, Cletus

Saint
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Re: UCLA Bruins

Post by Saint » Wed Nov 09, 2011 3:15 am

so nothing here about the Irish chick revealed as a cock addict on BE? Also enjoyed the scene with Van Alden called on the carpet by Nucky

BigRedMan
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Indiana
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!

Post by BigRedMan » Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:17 am

I have finally caught up with Dexter and am watching the current season. Love this season for many reason. Love Edward James Olmos as an actor. Love the whole Revelations biblical stuff. Interesting that his brother shows up at very end of the last one. And watching all 5 seasons, love that the new Jigsaw is still showing up as his dad and the insights that he offers. It has become my favorite new show....probably in time to have them end it next season or some shit.
Sure, I've been called a xenophobe, but the truth is, I'm not. I honestly just feel that America is the best country and the other countries aren't as good. That used to be called patriotism.

Bklyn
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Howard
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Post by Bklyn » Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:07 am

Peg has been feinding for some Paddy McBombmaker since the first time she saw him. I bet she gets pregnant by him. Nuck is obviously infertile, so we'll see how that plays.

Dexter is good, and I like how they did not take the easy way out at the end of the last episode. However, I think the show peaked during the Trinity season.
The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

BigRedMan
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Indiana

Post by BigRedMan » Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:34 am

Nah, I liked least season a bunch with Lumen. I thought that was very well done. Trinity was a solid season I will admit but this year has really got me.
Sure, I've been called a xenophobe, but the truth is, I'm not. I honestly just feel that America is the best country and the other countries aren't as good. That used to be called patriotism.

DooKSucks
G. Pompous Ass, II, Esq.
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina

Post by DooKSucks » Wed Nov 09, 2011 12:50 pm

Paddy McBombmaker was destined to tap that ass. It was obvious from the time she laid eyes on that potato-eater.

Van Alden getting called out by Nucky was alright, but Nucky may have unwittingly sealed his fate.

I am still trying to figure out James. I don't know what the fuck he was thinking when he let his mother and everyone else pressure him into the hit on Nucky. Also, what is the deal with James and his mother? Those two have a fucked up relationship that I am not sure isn't incestuous.
I proudly took AFAM 040 at Carolina.

Bklyn
All-American

Post by Bklyn » Wed Nov 09, 2011 1:32 pm

Nuck will still get out of it. One way or the other, he'll get slip through the clutches of justice.

Jimmy is young and Eli forced his hand with throwing out the hit in front of everyone. Considering Al Capone's history with Jimmy, he probably thought he had to okay the hit decision or be seen as weak, which probably would have been even worse. He probably should have not walked up to Nuck before the hit, however. You keep all that shit to yourself.

Ironically, the Fed probe (and subsequent constant tail) saved his life...and all the while, his "security" was back at the crib knocking off the mistress on his own bed. It was good stuff.

The directors (and the writers for that matter, I guess) of the show are awesome too. They do fantastic scene changes where one action in a scene cuts to a different scene starting off with a perfect relation to the previous scene. I think two eps back Lucy goes into labor and her water breaks and the very next scene showed a champagne bottle popping. Last episode had a few more cuts like that...I just can't remember the specifics. Good stuff, though.
The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

AlabamAlum
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: Alabama

Post by AlabamAlum » Wed Nov 09, 2011 3:03 pm

[youtube]6CY_HGl6W2U[/youtube]
"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity."
— Abraham Lincoln

Yes, I still miss Coach Bryant.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Wed Nov 09, 2011 3:13 pm

You forgot to add that this was a Goat Pen Production.

eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky

Post by eCat » Wed Nov 09, 2011 4:45 pm

Jessco White made a triumphant return on Squidbillies.

His character was dying of cancer and wanted to teach Rusty mountain dancing before he passed.

He said "this is called mountain dancing, I've wasted my life doing this shit and now I want you to waste yours"

the whole show was funny even though you could tell he was just reading a scripts (assuming he can read)
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

Bklyn
All-American

Post by Bklyn » Thu Nov 10, 2011 12:29 am

So, Brett Ratner pushed out of hosting the Oscars and Eddie Murphy bows out in response, as well.

This leaves open the chance to put Timberlake in there and kill it.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:14 pm

I just saw one of the houses I own on a Harrys Law flyover. Thankfully I wasn't peeing on the bushes like I usually do. That would be embarrassing.

Owlman
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Rice

Post by Owlman » Fri Nov 11, 2011 12:28 am

heh
My Dad is my hero still.

Bklyn
All-American

Post by Bklyn » Sat Nov 12, 2011 1:26 am

Wait, so Herman Cain is doing Jimmy Kimmel? He's only done MTP, Fox News....and Jimmy Kimmel?

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Sat Nov 12, 2011 10:22 pm

Why does the UFC remind me of the fake wrestling craze in the 80s?

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:39 pm

Watched Priest tonight

think Road Warrior fighting vampires instead of buggering mohawk having sadists with a few "though I walk thru the valley of death" speeches

Its worth the $1.23 from Red Box
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

T Dot O Dot
Senior

Post by T Dot O Dot » Mon Nov 14, 2011 12:12 am

I like what the female fed brings to BE, they need to get her more screen time

Walking Dead is a snoozefest, I took ecat's advice & fastforwarded half the episode without losing any story, I dont get how they decided to double the number of episodes just to have episodes full of nothing
If no one comes from the future to stop you from doing it, then how bad of a decision can it really be?

Bklyn
All-American

Post by Bklyn » Mon Nov 14, 2011 12:15 am

She's historically accurate too. I'm not sure what she is really going to bring to the show though. How many more episodes before the season kicks?

TheBigMook
Henchman #1
College Hoops Affiliation: Cincinnati

Post by TheBigMook » Mon Nov 14, 2011 1:45 am

Re: Walking Dead... I find that there is always some crazy stupid shit that bugs me in damn near every episode these days. Also, Hell on Wheels is so clearly Deadwood lite.

Oh well, at least they aren't as boring as Rubicon was.
THE OG SSG

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:42 am

I really like that Boardwalk Empire keeps me guessing as to what is going to happen next.

I liked the simple scene at the diner where Val Alden publicly crossed the line in front of his agent.

One thing about BE is that I like just about all the characters in it and I want both Jimmy and Nucky to succeed - there is no clear white hat/black hat villians

Bklyn
All-American

Post by Bklyn » Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:54 am

True.

I did hate the wisecracking, big mouthed bootlegger cat...the one who flew down to meet the Hebrew cat from Philly.

Other than him, I genuinely like (and don't like) all of the characters in some way (big & small)