[youtube]V-Lk_x1Uec0[/youtube]

aTm
Muad'Dib
College Hoops Affiliation: Texas A&M
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Re: College Football

Post by aTm » Wed Oct 12, 2011 5:56 pm

Sure, I could have stayed in the past. I could have even been king. But in my own way, I am king.

AlabamAlum
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: Alabama
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Post by AlabamAlum » Wed Oct 12, 2011 6:08 pm

Congrats to AU.
"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity."
— Abraham Lincoln

Yes, I still miss Coach Bryant.

Bklyn
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Howard

Post by Bklyn » Thu Oct 13, 2011 3:25 pm

Hilarious Auburn spent $180K on legal fees wrt the Newton case...
The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

AlabamAlum
Legend

Post by AlabamAlum » Thu Oct 13, 2011 3:53 pm

Ohio State spent over $200k. Sounds like a lot but just a drop of water considering the money the programs generate.
"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity."
— Abraham Lincoln

Bklyn
All-American

Post by Bklyn » Thu Oct 13, 2011 4:11 pm

Yeah, but I'm referencing the irony that it is alleged that Cam's father wanted $180K from the school who signed his son. Even if Auburn didn't pay it, they now have.
The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

aTm
Muad'Dib

Post by aTm » Thu Oct 13, 2011 4:12 pm

They paid double.
Sure, I could have stayed in the past. I could have even been king. But in my own way, I am king.

Bklyn
All-American

Post by Bklyn » Thu Oct 13, 2011 4:15 pm

Heh...most likely.

TheBigMook
Henchman #1
College Hoops Affiliation: Cincinnati

Post by TheBigMook » Thu Oct 13, 2011 4:16 pm

Boise State is on the fence if it wants to join the B-East.

::face palm::
THE OG SSG

AlabamAlum
Legend

Post by AlabamAlum » Thu Oct 13, 2011 5:51 pm

Ahh, I've got you Bkln.
— Abraham Lincoln

AlabamAlum
Legend

Post by AlabamAlum » Fri Oct 14, 2011 10:50 am

Ole Miss suspends 4 for the Bama game. The dreaded 'violation of team rules'.

More blood for the blood god.
— Abraham Lincoln

eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!

Post by eCat » Fri Oct 14, 2011 11:58 am

The NCAA isn't going to put anyone on probation.

The SEC is just daring them to pull some shit right now similar to Ohio St and USC. They want a catalyst to break from the NCAA with the superconferences, take all the TV money and have a playoff system.
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:43 pm

Hizzy III
Junior

Post by Hizzy III » Fri Oct 14, 2011 5:43 pm

Week 7 (before we forget)

Thursday's games weren't all that intriguing (or we were lazy) so we skip all that junk and move on to Saturday's tilt.

Michigan at Michigan State, Saturday, October 15, 12:00 PM

Michigan suffered a momentary sense of their former pitiful selves on defense last week in Evanston, allowing the Wildcats to jump out to a two touchdown lead. The second half was a different story, however, which allowed for Denard Robinson and his crew to get cranked up. And when all was said and done, the final score was more indicative of the Michigan/Northwestern tilts of the 80s. Now on to bigger challenges for the Maze-N-Blue, as they take on in-state rival Sparty. Reports are that MSU has given Mark D'Antonio a contract extension, which is fine, but let's not assume that all is peachy-keen either. While Michigan's been in the shithouse as of late (which is why you're seeing Rich Rodriguez doing color commentary on the CBS College Sports Net), Sparty's been mostly okay. Not overwhelming, not even a BCS Bowl participant. Still, eleven wins in 2010 isn't the norm in East Lansing, so you cherish what you will. Now what does all that have to do with Saturday's game? Not a whole bunch, especially since Kurt Cousins looks like he's regressed since last year and Michigan's defense is obviously much more imposing overall than in past seasons. State's looked good themselves on defense in 2011--minus the Notre Dame game, that is. And there lies the problem: Notre Dame's been the only team with a pulse on offense that the Greeks have faced so far this year. X-Men 27, Armed Toga Wearers 21

Baylor at Texas A&M, Saturday, October 15, 12:00 PM

We really like Robert Griffin, III. Sure, we could do without the plaits coming out of the helmet and all but we're kinda ol' skool in that department. We could never figure out why looking like Farina from the Little Rascals became such a big fashion statement with the brothas but on the other hand, who are we to judge? Anyway, Baylor's set on offense, as any fool can see, but they've yet to show that they've improved enough on defense to be any better than just slightly above average. It doesn't help that aggy can put some points on the board, too. And while they've not looked particularly imposing on D themselves over the last three weeks, the Ags still have more ability on that side of the ball than does Baylor. Again, never trust a bad defensive team on the road against similar or certainly better competition. aggy 41, Holy Osos! 31

Ohio State at Illinois, Saturday, October 15, 3:30 PM

The Bucks have a serious problem now: they suck. It's not just that they can't score consistently but now you wonder if they can go into these types of games with any type of confidence on either side of the ball. Blowing a 21-point second half lead, even if it's to the Cornshuckers, can't be good for the ol' psyche. And now that there are reports that more Buckeye players are being suspended for being naughty (or just flat out goofy), you have to assume that the chaos will reach its head and the implosion will be as messy as such things usually are. As for Illinois, they've fallen behind against Western Michigan, Northwestern and, most recently, Indiana. To the Fighting Zooks' credit, they've pulled out each one, even pulling away from the Hooisers in expected blowout fashion. Maybe Zook has destiny on his side. Maybe those teams really do eat cheese. Either way, a lucky Zook is still better than an unlucky Ohio State, even if only slightly. Zook Happens (Again) 24, Legumes 17

Oklahoma State at Texas, Saturday, October 15, 3:30 PM

Apparently, Mack Brown forgot to get rid of one of those old heads from last year's coaching debacle. Namely, the secondary coach. Poor Duane Akina; looking old now and apparently coming across as senile to his group of fledgling, neophyte defensive backs. Anyone catch the so-called Red River Shootout? Well, Donald Duck could've taught better technique to those Longhorn DBs. The first play of the game was an omen: lineup 12 yards away from the receiver, watch him run (and then catch) a medium out, fail to get in position to make a tackle and then watch that same receiver run RIGHT past you. Or! Or! How about turning your back--we mean, turning your ass completely around as if you're running from the po-po--in press coverage and then hauling ass down field without ever bothering to see where the receiver is running his route? Yes, yes, we know... youngsters. But youngsters doing shit that a 13-year old Pee-Wee Leaguer is taught not to do. Plus, five turnovers and abject bedshittery and it's 2000 - 2004 all over again. Yuckity yuck! And now here comes Okie State, who, yeah, still sucks on defense, but it's not like they're going to be really, really stressed by those two young QBs now that the secret is out that all you have to do is blitz, blitz, blitz, blitz. Oh, and seeing as how Okie State is averaging close to 700 points a game, well... Pistols Firing (at will) 33, Hornography 24

LSU at Tennessee, Saturday, October 15, 3:30 PM

There's no other way to say it; Derrick Dooley's Vols regressed in a major way at home last Saturday versus Georgia. Not a good showing on offense AT ALL. Very disappointing offensive line play and even John Bray seemed to be intimidated by the moment. Why? I mean... why? It's Georgia. If Tennessee's overwhelmed by Georgia's D, imagine what LSU's going to do in front of 107,000? Won't be pretty, Part II. Again, a very disappointing turn of events for Mr. Dooley, who seemed to be getting Tennessee back on track to where they'd been up until about 2007. Oh well. The same could be said for a certain NFL head coach in Texas. Christ! Christ on crutch! Coonasses 30, Coon Eaters 13

Virginia Tech at Wake Forest, October 15, 6:30 PM

Who would've thought that this game would have early ACC Championship ramifications? Wake, fresh off of its beatdown of YMCA U is feeling itself something fierce with its 4-1 record (that's right, the same team picked to finish last or next to last in the ACC by the so-called know-it-alls). Meanwhile, VPI survived a near collapse at home versus Miami, as the 'Canes rallied to take a late lead only to blow it at the end. Wake doesn't have Miami's talent but who cares? Talent is severely overrated at times. That said, the Techsters run the ball and play a more reliable brand of defense than do the spear chuckers, so while it's kudos for the great start, it's also sorry-Charlie-time for the boys from Winston-Salem. Gobblers 24, The Devil's Advocates 21

Florida at Auburn, October 15, 7:00 PM

We think Danny Wuerffel has one more year of elgibility left. At least, we hope so. Jesus god, as a freshman QB, you have to get your feet wet at some point--we understand that--but not in the middle of the season. Not when your OL is still unstable. And not while your secondary is almost as embarrassing as Kansas' (and that's freaking embarrasing, friends). The saving grace is that Auburn's a fairly charitable group themselves, so there may be the chance that Florida's bullet-fast skill position guys like Rainey or Demps can create some magic. Sweet lord, we hope so. We really do. Swamp Thing 27, Greater Lee County, Inc. 24

Kansas State at Texas Tech, Saturday, October 15, 7:00 PM

Not flashy, not brilliant, but the Wildcats continue to get it done. Sure, Mizzou is obviously down from previous years as they break in a new QB and make some adjustments at the skill positions, but they're still a pretty scrappy bunch. So beating them, be it at home or on the road, is cause for a lil' hubba-hubba from within. Now you play your second notable road game of the year in Lubbock. Are the Red Roaches feeling a little down-in-the-dumps after failing at home versus aggy? Probably. But even if they aren't, they still don't play enough D in the Panhandle to ever really get themselves past the second rung. On the other hand, K-State's not faced a passing attack as good as the Techies', and if the Raiders get an early lead, that might cause some problems for Snyder's run-first offensive attack. A close one (as that's all Tech plays, it seems) but we'll give the home team a bit of love in this one. Dust Pirates 34, The Manhattan Transfer 28

Georgia at Vanderbilt, Saturday, October 15, 7:00 PM

Mark Richt now owns the states of Mississippi AND Tennessee. Or at least he will. Look, give kudos to Vandy for obviously having a pretty good defense. They played 'Bama much tougher on the defensive side of the ball for three quarters than Florida did. Unfortunately, the Commies are averaging only 244.4 yards per game on offense. And you're surprised they've scored only 3 points in their last 9 quarters? With UGA apparently going through a sudden burst of rejuvenation, this spells double-dog doom for the SEC's annual doormat. Except, this year, at least, the doormat can trip your goofy ass up here and there. Hunker Down 17, Abandon Ship 10

Arizona State at Oregon, Saturday, October 15, 9:15 PM

Now, in theory, the Ducks should have at least SOME problem moving the ball on what's a pretty good defense. OTOH, Dennis Erickson's Sun Devil teams have been hugely unreliable over the last three seasons. OT-O-OH, the Devils put the Class A beatdown on Lane Kiffin's bunch in Tempe a couple of weeks ago, so... well... again. They're hugely unreliable. Regardless, even a consistently good ASU would have problems with the Ducks, even if LaMichael James is out with yet another injury. To be sure, the Devils aren't Nevada or Missouri State (or even their in-state rivals Arizona). Expect a competitive game for at least three quarters, then I think Chip Kelly dials up a couple of big-hitters that break things open. Or maybe not. You can't depend on Arizona State to do much of anything that's expected, even take the gas pipe. AFLAC 35, Consistently Inconsistent 27

FOR THE RECORD - Last Week: 9-3; Season: 33-16
From the town of Possum's Paw, Alabama, standing 6'2" and weighing 150 lbs, the one, the only, the legend... Bootney Farnsworth.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Fri Oct 14, 2011 7:05 pm

[youtube]5MBkDhsaUnU[/youtube]

crashcourse
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Kansas State

Post by crashcourse » Fri Oct 14, 2011 7:21 pm

this will be the 4th week in a row manahttan transfer has been 3.5 point dogs

6-0

revise and resubmit

AugustWest
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina State

Post by AugustWest » Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:12 pm

U*NC is the cleanest most honest athletic program on the planet. I am jealous of their deserved success, and I'm a mewling cunt.

Owlman
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Rice

Post by Owlman » Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:32 pm

Manhattan Transfer: BIRDLAND

[youtube]Q1nj6Yla_Vg[/youtube]
My Dad is my hero still.

aTm
Muad'Dib

Post by aTm » Fri Oct 14, 2011 9:54 pm

http://espn.go.com/college-football/sto ... -full-2018

I'm going to find this fascinating, especially if Texas goes on to tank again this year. Coming off two pathetic years they will go into 2012 pitching season tickets to the following home slate...

Wyoming
New Mexico
Missouri
Iowa State
TCU
Baylor

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Fri Oct 14, 2011 11:18 pm

Hello 22 team conference. That's a joke right? Mountain West/C-USA merger?