Moderators: eCat, hedge, Cletus

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Re: UCLA Bruins

Post by Jungle Rat » Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:41 pm

Just traced hedge via his real name through the Carolina state criminal records.

Damn. That really is his real name.

Hizzy III
Junior
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by Hizzy III » Fri Sep 30, 2011 12:28 am

Some sistah name Lacretia turned him out and he's nose deep into chocolate puddin'. I know, I know... he's said on a few occasions that he's not really into the ebony but that first taste is like crack. I can't explain it to you Caucasians but there it is.

From Hizzy's Unsubstantiated Facts, Vol. 24.
From the town of Possum's Paw, Alabama, standing 6'2" and weighing 150 lbs, the one, the only, the legend... Bootney Farnsworth.

BigRedMan
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Indiana

Post by BigRedMan » Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:55 am

Cletus is Jewish???? I guess we know why he doesn't post between Friday at sundown through Saturday at sundown.
Sure, I've been called a xenophobe, but the truth is, I'm not. I honestly just feel that America is the best country and the other countries aren't as good. That used to be called patriotism.

eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Post by eCat » Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:06 am

I thought that was vampires
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

AlabamAlum
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: Alabama

Post by AlabamAlum » Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:34 am

Same diff.
"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity."
— Abraham Lincoln

Yes, I still miss Coach Bryant.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Sun Oct 02, 2011 9:18 am

SNL with that woman from Bridesmaids was really funny last night. She is a female Chris Farley
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

Bklyn
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Howard

Post by Bklyn » Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:38 am

Best "Boardwalk Empire" episode so far...
The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

DooKSucks
G. Pompous Ass, II, Esq.
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina

Post by DooKSucks » Mon Oct 03, 2011 11:57 am

I need to watch that show. I watched the first two episodes, enjoyed the show but never really took the time to watch it.

In more important news: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/10/0 ... 91938.html

The 'Arrested Development' Reunion

It's not surprising that "Arrested Development" was originally meant to be a heavily improvised show. The cast's sharp tongues began flying early into the talk, moderated by Nancy Franklin, TV critic for The New Yorker. The entire cast was present Sunday -- Will Arnett, Jason Bateman, Michael Cera, David Cross, Portia de Rossi, Tony Hale, Alia Shawkat, Jeffrey Tambor, Jessica Walter, creator Mitchell Hurwitz, and narrator Ron Howard by phone -- for their first reunion since the series wrap party in 2005.

The big news out of the talk was what fans had been waiting to hear... sort of. There will indeed be a movie, and better yet, another season of "Arrested Development" to set up the film. That is, if the business/studio end of things line up. In a way, we're still in the same place we were before, with business as the only obstacle to getting this thing done. But the news of a series run-up to the film is enough to make the biggest pessimist hopeful. Big news aside, the group spent the bulk of the evening reminiscing about their early days with the show.

- Gazelle Emami
I proudly took AFAM 040 at Carolina.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Mon Oct 03, 2011 11:59 am

eCat wrote:SNL with that woman from Bridesmaids was really funny last night. She is a female Chris Farley
DS has beat off to that non stop since early Sunday morning.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Mon Oct 03, 2011 12:12 pm

I didn't get to catch last nights Boardwalk Empire although I do love the show. I have it DVR'd and will watch it tonight

however I find it may suffer from the same malady that the Soprano's did, and that is making too much of the "conflicted" woman.

Why is it so hard to believe that these guys would have a woman who not only knows what the guy does, but is OK with it and doesn't spend 90% of her time trying to resolve the internal conflict she creates worrying about it?

Nucky's woman (aside from the fact that she knows he had her lame ass husband killed) might be coming around from the previews of the upcoming season, but just like with the Soprano's whenever Carmella opened her mouth, I fast forward on the DVR until she is out of the scene.

For once I'd like to see the woman embrace the power her man has, be just as scared he might lose it and be just as driven for him to keep it. I guess that wold make it more of a soap opera than the producers and directors want.

But you take the woman on Justified this last season - the mother of the weed growers - she was power hungry, vindictive, mean - and she was an awesome character for television. I bet if she was humping Nucky, she'd tell his ass to go kill off those behind the back scheming sumbitches and she wouldn't trust his brother as far as she could throw him.

Bklyn
All-American

Post by Bklyn » Mon Oct 03, 2011 12:51 pm

Watch the ep.
The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

BigRedMan
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Indiana

Post by BigRedMan » Mon Oct 03, 2011 1:31 pm

Spartacus and Lucy Lawless was just as you described Ecat. However, it sucks ass that the main actor just died of cancer recently. He was very young also which makes it even worse.
Sure, I've been called a xenophobe, but the truth is, I'm not. I honestly just feel that America is the best country and the other countries aren't as good. That used to be called patriotism.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Mon Oct 03, 2011 2:23 pm

I feel the same way about Talent.

Saint
All-American

Post by Saint » Mon Oct 03, 2011 5:07 pm

BE's been good so far this season but I still have a problem with weaselly Buscemi as a power figure. I can't get past that. Also, because it mixes historical and fictional (or fictionalized) characters, I'm always wondering, did that really happen?

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Mon Oct 03, 2011 11:05 pm

I guess I jumped the gun on Nucky's woman. She might have some promise afterall

Bklyn
All-American

Post by Bklyn » Mon Oct 03, 2011 11:10 pm

Yep

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:18 am

that jail scene was great,

I suspect that is a prelude to what Nucky is about to do to as well.

Saint
All-American

Post by Saint » Wed Oct 05, 2011 1:46 am

That jail scene will live forever. Purnsley didn't know he was really fucking with Omar

Bklyn
All-American

Post by Bklyn » Wed Oct 05, 2011 9:22 am

I love the way they let it build slowly. This episode was all about the character of Chalky and Margaret. I thought Stephen Graham did not play the scenes with Rothstein well.

Also, I did not know that the Commodore was played by Dabney Coleman until he died his hair.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Wed Oct 05, 2011 9:46 am

its interesting watching the Ken Burns Prohibition documentary and then see how some of these people are woven into the Boardwalk Empire series.

For example, they talked about a lawyer turned bootlegger who was based in Cincinnati due to its close proximity to all the bourbon in Kentucky.

Unlucky sumbitch got arrested by an agent named Dodge, and while he was in jail, Dodge fucked his wife, had her take all his money (millions), sell off all his whiskey warehouses and strip his mansion clean.

Guy got out of jail, bought a revolver and proceeded to blast that bitch while she was driving down the road in Eden Park.

Pleaded insanity and jury thought his ex wife was such a bitch they found him not guilty.

They introduced this guy last week in Boardwalk Empire as the guy who kept confusing Al Capone because he kept referring to himself in the third person, which is something he actually did.

He had a mansion in Price Hill, I'm going to drive over and track it down when I get a chance