Moderators: eCat, hedge, Cletus

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Re: Uncle Bud

Post by Jungle Rat » Wed Sep 18, 2024 7:18 pm

Looks like the Kentucky shooter blew his brains out.

innocentbystander
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Boston College

Post by innocentbystander » Wed Sep 18, 2024 7:22 pm

Okay well that's that.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to both stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.

aTm
Muad'Dib
College Hoops Affiliation: Texas A&M
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by aTm » Wed Sep 18, 2024 7:50 pm

I blame the Haitians
Sure, I could have stayed in the past. I could have even been king. But in my own way, I am king.

eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Post by eCat » Wed Sep 18, 2024 8:23 pm

Chicken Festival is back on!
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

innocentbystander
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Boston College

Post by innocentbystander » Wed Sep 18, 2024 9:33 pm

What festival? Haitians ate all the chickens
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to both stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.

hedge
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina

Post by hedge » Wed Sep 18, 2024 10:23 pm

Jungle Rat wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2024 7:18 pm Looks like the Kentucky shooter blew his brains out.
Damn, I thought you were talking about a shooting guard from UK...
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Thu Sep 19, 2024 10:12 am

Kentucky Baby

I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Thu Sep 19, 2024 4:47 pm

Crazy

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Thu Sep 19, 2024 6:06 pm

More Kentucky

Tree
Senior

Post by Tree » Thu Sep 19, 2024 9:04 pm

Sure he had it comin'. And maybe we'll get lucky and the piggo will get shanked in prison.
Butt juice

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Fri Sep 20, 2024 5:53 am

turns out the judge raped his daughter, or at least that is what family members are saying

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Fri Sep 20, 2024 7:41 am

lawsuit filed earlier about a woman who couldn't pay the fine and was coerced into having sex by a Deputy in the Judges chambers as well

hedge
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina

Post by hedge » Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:04 am

Why didn't he shoot the deputy?
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Fri Sep 20, 2024 12:44 pm

I guess it wasn't his daughter.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Fri Sep 20, 2024 12:46 pm

not sure why but this made me laugh.

Apparently there are the concepts of Blue Zones - not political but areas in the world where people live exceedingly long lives and they do all this research as to what causes it - diets, lifestyle choices, etc.

This Demographer from the University of London debunked most of it by researching how incompetent the clerical records of the government is and how people families were committing pension fraud by claiming long deceased relatives were still alive.

------------------

The Annals of Improbable Research at MIT awarded Dr Saul Justin Newman the first-ever Ig Nobel award in Demography in a ceremony on 12 September 2024. The Ig Nobel awards have been handed out annually since 1991, to scientific research that “makes people laugh, and then think”.

Dr Newman received the award for research that revealed fundamental flaws in extreme old-age demographic research, by demonstrating that data patterns are likely to be dominated by errors and finding that supercentenarian and remarkable age records exhibit patterns indicative of clerical errors and pension fraud (paper pre-print, not yet peer-reviewed).

These results build on a long history of scepticism. Dr Newman has previously disproved a 2016 study published in Nature on extreme-age research that accidentally rounded off a substantial amount of its data to zero. His peer-reviewed paper demonstrated that if corrected, this error eliminated the core findings claiming that human lifespan had a defined limit. Then, Dr Newman also countered a 2018 paper which made the opposite claim and, in the process, demonstrated a theoretical result predicting that patterns in old-age data are likely to be dominated by errors.

In investigating this theory, Dr Newman demonstrated fundamental and comedic mismatches between longevity claims and observed patterns. In the process, Dr Newman revealed that the well-publicised “Blue Zones” claims for the secrets of longevity are infallibly flawed.

Dr Newman showed that the highest rates of achieving extreme old age are predicted by high poverty, the lack of birth certificates, and fewer 90-year-olds. Poverty and pressure to commit pension fraud were shown to be excellent indicators of reaching ages 100+ in a way that is ‘the opposite of rational expectations’.

In addition, Dr Newman revealed numerous flaws in the supposedly validated cases of the world’s oldest people, including the world’s oldest man, who was shown to have not one but three birthdays.

Finally, Dr Newman debunked the popular idea of ‘Blue Zones’ as regions of exceptional longevity and healthy lifestyles. Many, if not most of the centenarians in the ‘Blue Zone’ have turned out to be alive in the government records but were deceased in reality. Using extensive government data and surveys, Dr Newman showed that most of the dietary and lifestyle claims behind the so-called ‘Blue Zone’ regions of high longevity are not supported by any independent data.

For example, despite vegetables and sweet potatoes being promoted as key components of the Okinawan ‘Blue Zone’ diets, according to the Japanese government, Okinawans eat the least vegetables and sweet potatoes in Japan and have the highest body mass index.