The Forum Without Decorum.

Moderators: eCat, hedge, Cletus

Tree
Senior
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!

Re: MIT Engineers

Post by Tree » Thu May 16, 2024 11:41 pm

An architect would design from the ground up
True but I heard a very small percentage of them carry around a tape measure and kinda know how to use it.
Big booty hoes.

hedge
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Post by hedge » Fri May 17, 2024 1:05 am

eCat's last post was a classic on many levels...
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

sardis
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Villanova

Post by sardis » Fri May 17, 2024 6:53 am

It’s a lot to process.

eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky

Post by eCat » Fri May 17, 2024 8:42 am

I can get around pretty good today
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

Tree
Senior

Post by Tree » Sun Jun 02, 2024 8:42 pm

Big booty hoes.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Sun Jun 16, 2024 5:24 pm

for fathers day I put ATV tires on my mower cause, you know, why not?

I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

innocentbystander
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Boston College
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!

Post by innocentbystander » Sun Jun 16, 2024 7:17 pm

Colleges and universities are closing at a rate of one a week

We don't get into the details as to how many are OPENING (perhaps none?) but 50 private, foofy, liberal arts colleges shutting down a year, that has got to be high, like World War II level high (when Notre Dame was in rick of closure.)
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to both stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Mon Jun 17, 2024 6:23 am

Does that include Trump University?

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Mon Jun 17, 2024 10:02 am

hedge wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2024 6:23 am Does that include Trump University?
Years ago?
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to both stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.

sardis
All-American

Post by sardis » Mon Jun 17, 2024 12:40 pm

Demographics have less college age kids, now. If you are a private college with a small endowment you will be lucky to survive.

sardis
All-American

Post by sardis » Mon Jun 17, 2024 12:42 pm

eCat wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2024 5:24 pm for fathers day I put ATV tires on my mower cause, you know, why not?

Since retirement, I've volunteered to mow the church property once a month. This past Friday I was trying to get up a hill with the John Deere and the tire would just spin. Had to push mow that part. If I had those tires, well...

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Mon Jun 17, 2024 12:58 pm

yea, that was why I did it. I have a side hill on my yard. Those "lawn saver" tires would just spin and I got stuck, had to raise the deck and drive thru the green belt separating me and my neighbor and come out thru his yard.

I might tear the yard up when its wet but I won't slide sideways down a hill anymore (which is scary on a zero turn)

DooKSucks
G. Pompous Ass, II, Esq.
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by DooKSucks » Mon Jun 17, 2024 1:29 pm

I might tear the yard up when its wet but I won't slide sideways down a hill anymore (which is scary on a zero turn)
Scary? It's downright fucking dangerous. Even if someone thinks he/she has disengaged the blades, something could catch to keep that lever in gear and when it falls on top of you as you and the machine tumble down the hill....
I proudly took AFAM 040 at Carolina.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Mon Jun 17, 2024 2:14 pm

My friends grandpa died trying to cut on a hill. Damn thing rolled right over him. He lived by himself somewhere in the hills of KY so of course they found him days later.

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Mon Jun 17, 2024 6:11 pm

sardis wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2024 12:40 pm Demographics have less college age kids, now. If you are a private college with a small endowment you will be lucky to survive.
I remember all the hell that broke loose when Sweet Briar went through this years ago. Everyone jumped through all these hoops to keep it running and I kept thinking, why? Their $50 million endowment essentially turned into a giant Real Estate Investment Trust to pay the laid off professors their pensions.

In Massachusetts, we had all these all-girls "finishing schools" that have been closing, left and right. Their land and buildings are being purchased by other much larger universities and they are allowing the girls to finish up at the schools that buy them. But the whole time they are shuttering these schools, there was no real outrage for that to happen because the public had a hard time identifying exactly what it is these schools do that truly matters. A degree in fashion marketing from LaSalle? You pay $58,000 a year to send your daughter there so that she can work a make up counter for Este Lauder?

These schools need to go. Surprised I am that it is has taken this long to finally purge them. No one gave a fuck when all the vocational, technical high schools, started closing forever.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Mon Jun 17, 2024 7:11 pm

sardis wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2024 12:42 pmSince retirement, I've volunteered to mow the church property once a month. This past Friday I was trying to get up a hill with the John Deere and the tire would just spin. Had to push mow that part. If I had those tires, well...

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Sun Jun 30, 2024 6:38 pm

hunnert dollar mower is doing fine after the tire upgrade, but decided that I'd keep an eye out for a parts mower - take the hydros, motor, tires, etc off a parts mower and just keep it going for awhile.

Found one for $250 where the left hydro wasn't working but I decided the motor would be worth it. So I drive 40 minutes to meet the guy, get there and a few things stick out immediately. First, it has a 17HP motor which is a little smaller than I wanted and he is selling it from a storage unit . the battery is dead so we had no way to start it.

Another issue was the hydros on it were a little better than the entry level ones you get now. They had a drain plug and each one had a reservoir tank underneath the seat. The motor looked well enough so I offered him $200, he bit on it , we loaded it up and took it home.

Got home, charged the battery, the motor cranked and ran smooth right off the bat, and the battery held a charge so I'm feeling pretty good about it. What motivated me to buy it was I watched a video on how to fix a hydro without buying any parts.

So I took the left hydro off, took it apart and sanded the pumps and the center piece with 400, then 600, 1000, then 1500 grit sandpaper. Put it back together, filled it with 20W-50, bled it out a bit and it seemed to be improved (as in I had reverse , it didn't have that before). I have to say the sanding route works if you have the patience. For how long, who knows?

got it all put back together, rode it around the yard for a bit, at first the left was noticeably weaker than the right but after a few laps around the yard it evened up quite a bit. I can still tell the right is stronger but not that it really challenges you to mow. I'm kind stunned it didn't cost anything to fix this , well other than $12 worth of sandpaper and $9 of 20W-50 oil. How often do those youtube videos actually pan out?

I'm still gonna stick with the hunnert dollar mower with the atv tires, but I'm happy I was able to bring this was back to life. I'll probably try to sell it for a bit of a profit.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Sun Jun 30, 2024 7:59 pm

You know you are a redneck when....

Dave23
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Memphis

Post by Dave23 » Mon Jul 08, 2024 12:16 pm

Did anyone else get spammed some private messages on here, or is it just me?
The older I get the more I pretty much hate every cocksucker that is making decisions in this world and all of the idiots that root for political parties like sports teams. — aTm

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Mon Jul 08, 2024 12:18 pm

You