The Forum Without Decorum.

Moderators: eCat, hedge, Cletus

innocentbystander
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Boston College
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!

Re: Baseball

Post by innocentbystander » Tue Jun 11, 2024 12:58 pm

aTm wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2024 8:09 am Its too bad college baseball isnt a big deal, those super regionals and the CWS are probably the most Goat Pen representation you would ever see in the final 16 or 8 teams of an ncaa tournament.
(shrugs)

All the best baseball players get drafted out of high school to go play A or AA ball (at age 18 or whatever) professionally. Sure, they all have scholarship offers, but when you are 18 and played baseball for 14 years (and you are the best of the best wherever you are) you are delusional enough to think you'll be playing in the majors by 23 and professionally until you are 40 so why go to college on a scholarship if you can play A or AA ball immediately and get paid $40,000 a year with a $10,000 signing bonus? Colleges and universities get what is left, all the players who got drafted in the 6th or 7th rounds, kids with no signing bonus. So the quality of play is far-FAR less than even A ball.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to both stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.

DooKSucks
G. Pompous Ass, II, Esq.
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by DooKSucks » Tue Jun 11, 2024 1:26 pm

Yet again you show your ignorance
I proudly took AFAM 040 at Carolina.

Saint
All-American

Post by Saint » Tue Jun 11, 2024 1:50 pm

innocentbystander wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2024 12:58 pm
aTm wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2024 8:09 am Its too bad college baseball isnt a big deal, those super regionals and the CWS are probably the most Goat Pen representation you would ever see in the final 16 or 8 teams of an ncaa tournament.
(shrugs)

All the best baseball players get drafted out of high school to go play A or AA ball (at age 18 or whatever) professionally. Sure, they all have scholarship offers, but when you are 18 and played baseball for 14 years (and you are the best of the best wherever you are) you are delusional enough to think you'll be playing in the majors by 23 and professionally until you are 40 so why go to college on a scholarship if you can play A or AA ball immediately and get paid $40,000 a year with a $10,000 signing bonus? Colleges and universities get what is left, all the players who got drafted in the 6th or 7th rounds, kids with no signing bonus. So the quality of play is far-FAR less than even A ball.
Lots of kids who could be drafted in the top 5 rounds go to college. Look at how many picks are college players each year. It's not that difficult if you actually know anything. About anything.

Saint
All-American

Post by Saint » Tue Jun 11, 2024 1:51 pm

Mazey? Was he before Billy G? After LeClair?

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Tue Jun 11, 2024 3:15 pm

Saint wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2024 1:50 pm
innocentbystander wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2024 12:58 pm
(shrugs)

Lots of kids who could be drafted in the top 5 rounds go to college. Look at how many picks are college players each year. It's not that difficult if you actually know anything. About anything.
Some kids drafted in the first 5 rounds go to university, sure, but most don't. Depends on the signing bonus. Kids are cash motivated at 18. And I know quite a bit.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to both stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.

hedge
Legend
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Post by hedge » Tue Jun 11, 2024 3:40 pm

This one should be easy enough to figure out. Just look at the past few drafts and see how many in the first 5 rounds were drafted out of college...
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Tue Jun 11, 2024 3:54 pm

This whole argument is silly. If you guys want to waste your time watching an inferior sport where the players have to use lighter, metal bats in order to score ANY runs, be my guest. I am sure the parents of the players appreciate your support. But college baseball is not where the majority of the professional ball players originate.

I mean if you want to waste your time on sub-standard sports, do you guys waste your time watching those dykes play basketball?

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Tue Jun 11, 2024 6:20 pm

IB. Would you please shut the fuck up. You know nothing about the draft process in baseball. God you are such a stooge.

aTm
Muad'Dib
College Hoops Affiliation: Texas A&M

Post by aTm » Tue Jun 11, 2024 6:28 pm

Players like Braden Montgomery and Jace Laviollette get paid at A&M. College baseball will probably be one of the major beneficiaries of the NIL era. Likely the sport will become more high profile and more attractive to high school athletes
Sure, I could have stayed in the past. I could have even been king. But in my own way, I am king.

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Tue Jun 11, 2024 6:35 pm

aTm, I am sure everything you said is true. But that still doesn't change the fact that the best high school kids will make more money playing single A or double-A ball than they ever could from NIL money at Texas A&M. I mean lets stop being silly about this. Do any of you actually think that whoever wins the college world series stands even a snowball's chance in hell of winning 4 games out of 7 against even the weakest single-A minor league team? Those guys would all be about the same age. They would all have about the same amount of baseball experience. But take those metal bats out of the hands of the college players and have them play with wooden bats, straight up against a single-A ball club? The college kids might win one game out of say, five, assuming their starting pitcher plays the best game of his life.

Dave23
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Memphis

Post by Dave23 » Tue Jun 11, 2024 6:42 pm

There is so much wrong with your opinion on this that I hardly know where to begin ripping it to shreds, so I’m just gonna leave it alone and tell you you’re wrong. I don’t care if you disagree.
The older I get the more I pretty much hate every cocksucker that is making decisions in this world and all of the idiots that root for political parties like sports teams. — aTm

Dave23
Senior

Post by Dave23 » Tue Jun 11, 2024 6:44 pm

I will say this, though…if you believe that A and AA rosters are full of 18-19 year old kids, I suggest you do some research and then rethink your position.
The older I get the more I pretty much hate every cocksucker that is making decisions in this world and all of the idiots that root for political parties like sports teams. — aTm

DooKSucks
G. Pompous Ass, II, Esq.

Post by DooKSucks » Tue Jun 11, 2024 6:45 pm

Saint wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2024 1:51 pm Mazey? Was he before Billy G? After LeClair?
Yes. The details are a bit fuzzy after 20 years, but in short, he challenged South Carolina fans to a fight during a super regional, then the next year got into with players' families claiming the families weren't supporting the program enough and then got into confrontations with the athletic department staff. He was then suspended in October and fired in December.
I proudly took AFAM 040 at Carolina.

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Tue Jun 11, 2024 6:49 pm

actually Dave, I think we can say that you are too PROUD to make an argument, have me dismantle it, and then embarrass you here at the goat pen. THAT is the reason why you leave it alone.

I am making the claim that college baseball is vastly inferior to even sub-optimal minor league ball. Only one of these guys use metal bats and we all know why that is. I have given you lots to attack. You have given me nothing other than not all single-A ball players are 19. Big deal. The Mets had a single-A player from the Venezuela a few years ago who was 16. He wound up playing in the majors as they knew he would some day. But you can refuse to analyze this further. That way you can keep your pride and say that you know more about this, than I do. That is the girl trick. Be a man Dave. Put your nuts up on that stump, risk having them get smashed, and explain to me with logic how college baseball is even comparable to minor league professional ball.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Tue Jun 11, 2024 7:20 pm

Dave23 wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2024 6:44 pm I will say this, though…if you believe that A and AA rosters are full of 18-19 year old kids, I suggest you do some research and then rethink your position.
And who in A ball is making 40k? NIL money at a top 25 program will get you paid. IB, Dave is right. You are so off base it's just not worth it. Stick to what you know best. Repressing women.

Dave23
Senior

Post by Dave23 » Tue Jun 11, 2024 7:26 pm

LOL

Rest assured, no one is taking your side vs. me on this.

I am right.

For the record, your original point was that the best HS players go straight to the pros and bypass college. That is completely false.

Your other ludicrous point was that college players use metal bats because they (the players) are an inferior product. That is also completely false.

You then snowmanned all of it into an argument that minor league teams are superior to college teams. No one here would argue otherwise. That’s common knowledge. I mean, even YOU get that…

You speak eloquently on a variety of subjects. You should probably leave baseball alone.

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Tue Jun 11, 2024 7:47 pm

hey Dave, why did they take metal bats away from the professionals? why? why can't they use them? why are college players allowed to use them?

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Tue Jun 11, 2024 7:48 pm

Jungle Rat wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2024 7:20 pm
Dave23 wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2024 6:44 pm I will say this, though…if you believe that A and AA rosters are full of 18-19 year old kids, I suggest you do some research and then rethink your position.
And who in A ball is making 40k? NIL money at a top 25 program will get you paid. IB, Dave is right. You are so off base it's just not worth it. Stick to what you know best. Repressing women.
That Venezuelan kid who signed with the Mets at age 16, he was given $750,000. To play A ball. In 2007.

Fuck you rat. I got you.

aTm
Muad'Dib

Post by aTm » Tue Jun 11, 2024 8:03 pm

A team in the CWS would beat the tar out of a rookie ball team of 16-19 year olds (although a CWS team is not the same as a “typical college team”)
Sure, I could have stayed in the past. I could have even been king. But in my own way, I am king.

aTm
Muad'Dib

Post by aTm » Tue Jun 11, 2024 8:10 pm

Nobody took metal bats away from pros. Bats were always wood. Amateur leagues like colleges, high schools, little leagues etc began to use metal bats as ostensibly a safety and cost saving measure because metal bats dont break.