Moderators: eCat, hedge, Cletus

aTm
Muad'Dib
College Hoops Affiliation: Texas A&M
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Re: Florida State Seminoles

Post by aTm » Fri May 24, 2024 6:11 pm

He's still alive, maybe he is proud...I doubt it.
Sure, I could have stayed in the past. I could have even been king. But in my own way, I am king.

aTm
Muad'Dib

Post by aTm » Fri May 24, 2024 6:13 pm

hedge wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 5:49 pm “ It should be clear that what she is, is a paid schill for a huge conglomerate of AT&T/Warner/all kinds of other giant companies in a huge Japanese style media Zaibatsu who's entire job is to try to make you think like those companies want you to think.”

Pretty much describes Cruz as well..
Does it make it better, in your mind, if it is two paid schills staging an argument with each other for the benefit of the sheeple? They arent that similar though, one actually is elected to office, the other is a step removed from the Daily Caller (ie just a couple steps above Stu)
Sure, I could have stayed in the past. I could have even been king. But in my own way, I am king.

sardis
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Villanova
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Post by sardis » Sat May 25, 2024 10:35 am

Two things that I really hate about committee hearings:

1. Congressmen always cut people off when they are trying to answer questions.

2. Any time a representative of a federal law enforcement agency, I.e. ATF, FBI, IRS, has to answer a question they don’t want to answer they bring up the ol’ “I can’t comment on something that’s an ongoing investigation”. Which means we will never answer that question until years later when no one involved can be held accountable.

Much like the heads of NIH all retired now that it’s out they did lie they knew Wuhan was responsible for Covid..

hedge
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina

Post by hedge » Sat May 25, 2024 10:37 am

I trust Stu way more than I trust Ted Cruz..
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

Tree
Senior

Post by Tree » Sat May 25, 2024 11:00 am

So Pelosi wants to investigate the folks protesting the ongoing Israeli genocide of Palestinians. Some dictator shit right there brahs. God bless the treasonous DNC and the braindead morons who vote for them. They have officially surpassed the GOP as the more evil party.
"For me, crazy as it seems, there is a real relationship between wild, reckless abandon off the field and being that way on the field." - Lawrence Taylor

innocentbystander
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Boston College

Post by innocentbystander » Sat May 25, 2024 4:17 pm

Tree wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 11:00 am So Pelosi wants to investigate the folks protesting the ongoing Israeli genocide of Palestinians.
Far be it for me to defend congresswoman Nancy Pelosi, but no, no she doesn't. She wants to investigate rioters who are destroying property because they aren't getting their way. What these rioters want is the nation of Israel to be removed so that 3rd world, illiterate, paleo-arab, peasant people can occupy that land like the homeless people that live in the dumpster next to your apartment.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to both stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Sat May 25, 2024 4:41 pm

sardis wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 10:35 am Two things that I really hate about committee hearings:

2. Any time a representative of a federal law enforcement agency, I.e. ATF, FBI, IRS, has to answer a question they don’t want to answer they bring up the ol’ “I can’t comment on something that’s an ongoing investigation”. Which means we will never answer that question until years later when no one involved can be held accountable.

Much like the heads of NIH all retired now that it’s out they did lie they knew Wuhan was responsible for Covid..

The Congressional hearings are not much more than dog-and-pony, shows. They have hearings to interview the people that the President has appointed head/direct federal agencies that congress funds. And in these hearings:
  • you have only 5 minutes to ask the director/agency head a question
  • you have NO AUTHORITY to force said director to answer any of your questions
  • you have NO AUTHORITY to reprimand them for not answering any questions
  • you have NO AUTHORITY to fire any agency directors, only the President can do that
  • and the worst thing you can possible do is impeach the director the way Mayorkas was impeached (but because of politics, will not be fired by the Senate)
If I was Schweikert (my congressman) I would be working to DEFUND any agency where the director went to the meeting to answer to me and answered like an asshole. If you can't fire them, take away their money. Congress has all the money, not the POTUS. But even then. I'd likely be outvoted.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to both stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Sat May 25, 2024 7:42 pm

I think Tree might like this guy

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Sat May 25, 2024 8:38 pm

Why? Because he sucks dick?

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Sat May 25, 2024 9:08 pm

Until you are ready to add value here, go back to ignoring my posts.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Sat May 25, 2024 9:30 pm

I can't dammit.

Tree
Senior

Post by Tree » Sun May 26, 2024 10:57 pm

innocentbystander wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 4:17 pm
Tree wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 11:00 am So Pelosi wants to investigate the folks protesting the ongoing Israeli genocide of Palestinians.
Far be it for me to defend congresswoman Nancy Pelosi, but no, no she doesn't. She wants to investigate rioters who are destroying property because they aren't getting their way. What these rioters want is the nation of Israel to be removed so that 3rd world, illiterate, paleo-arab, peasant people can occupy that land like the homeless people that live in the dumpster next to your apartment.
Fair points, brah. I can accept that. I do think you are very trusting of your government though, which usually does not turn out well.
"For me, crazy as it seems, there is a real relationship between wild, reckless abandon off the field and being that way on the field." - Lawrence Taylor

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Sun May 26, 2024 11:14 pm

Tree wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 10:57 pm
innocentbystander wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 4:17 pm
Fair points, brah. I can accept that. I do think you are very trusting of your government though, which usually does not turn out well.
I don't trust anyone. I trust government LESS than I trust people whom I don't trust at all.

DooKSucks
G. Pompous Ass, II, Esq.

Post by DooKSucks » Tue May 28, 2024 12:14 am

sardis wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 10:35 am Two things that I really hate about committee hearings:

Is Jordan still lying and denying that the kids he coached were being molested by the team doctor? What about the J6 shit?
I proudly took AFAM 040 at Carolina.

Tree
Senior

Post by Tree » Tue May 28, 2024 9:09 pm

Nikki Haley writes "Finish Them" on a bomb headed for Gaza. That's who Hedge, Rat, and Sardis are in cahootz with. Sickening display from the spineless pussies here.

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Tue May 28, 2024 9:24 pm

Tree,

The Paleo-Arab peasant people could have had their own country. Could have being the operative word. These illiterate peasant people, they were given billions of dollars from the global community. Billions. Moreover, they were given the money with NO CONDITIONS upon how such money was to be spent. No global committee stood in judgment of their actions. And so, these fucking peasant people, they gave that money to Hamas to murder Jews.

What the fuck do you want to do with these people? You decide, what do you do with them? Do you ignore, tolerate, and "understand" your neighbor if he keeps flinging dog poop into your pool and then smiles at you with an ignorant, "wasn't me" look? Is that what you do? Because, your comments here are immature.

This is a thinking man's forum. You have tiktok brain and think that you can have people "cancelled" with your comments. That is not going to happen here. And if you don't want people to keep tormenting you, you need to start thinking about what you are posting. If you can't think deeply, this is probably not the place for you.

And if you respond, do not say "brah." I am not a middle schooler.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Wed May 29, 2024 8:30 am

Tree wrote: Tue May 28, 2024 9:09 pm Nikki Haley writes "Finish Them" on a bomb headed for Gaza. That's who Hedge, Rat, and Sardis are in cahootz with. Sickening display from the spineless pussies here.
Now I'm in cahoots with Nikki Haley, who just endorsed your god-king Trump? You're not very bright are you, Tree?
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

aTm
Muad'Dib

Post by aTm » Wed May 29, 2024 10:16 am

innocentbystander wrote: Tue May 28, 2024 9:24 pm Tree,

The Paleo-Arab peasant people could have had their own country. Could have being the operative word. These illiterate peasant people, they were given billions of dollars from the global community. Billions. Moreover, they were given the money with NO CONDITIONS upon how such money was to be spent. No global committee stood in judgment of their actions. And so, these fucking peasant people, they gave that money to Hamas to murder Jews.

What the fuck do you want to do with these people? You decide, what do you do with them? Do you ignore, tolerate, and "understand" your neighbor if he keeps flinging dog poop into your pool and then smiles at you with an ignorant, "wasn't me" look? Is that what you do? Because, your comments here are immature.

This is a thinking man's forum. You have tiktok brain and think that you can have people "cancelled" with your comments. That is not going to happen here. And if you don't want people to keep tormenting you, you need to start thinking about what you are posting. If you can't think deeply, this is probably not the place for you.

And if you respond, do not say "brah." I am not a middle schooler.
The problem from a nation-state perspective, is that Palestine under Eastern rule was more of a borderlands area between varying administrative centers than its own thing with any kind of unity. The northern part was ruled from Beirut and the southern part was part of the Hejaz ruled from Mecca or Jeddah. The blame for pretty much everything can be laid directly at the feet of the British and the French, who divided up the entire region as spoils of war after World War 1, with very little interest in what the local goals were, and in fact stabbing allies that fought with them in the back, eventually going so far as allowing/helping their Saudi protectorate to conquer the Hejaz, to whom they had promised the whole region as an Arab state. A lot of the rhetoric about a Arab Palestinian state having legitimacy is bunk, but the wider Arab populace does have a legitimate claim to having been promised a large pan-Arabic state by the colonial powers fighting against the Ottomans.

That is why all of the Arabs in the surrounding states like Jordan, Syria, Iraq, Lebanon, and Egypt have had such an interest in Palestine, as these are states that because of the way they were set up by the British and French, largely by designating Hashemites (royal family of the Hejaz) to rule those areas gave them all claims to eventually being the successor state to the Hejaz that was promised rule over the whole region. They want (or wanted) to rule it for themselves. They are (were) all enemies of Israel, certainly as they would view them as an occupying power on land that they have a claim to as the successor of the Hejaz, but that also means that they are not totally interested in setting up a truly legitimate rival Arab state to occupy what likely is eventually hoped to be their own lands. Jordan and Egypt eventually make peace with Israel only after realizing that their territorial ambitions there were hurting the stability of their state more than it was helping and gave them up.

Tree
Senior

Post by Tree » Wed May 29, 2024 10:35 am

:ugeek:
hedge wrote: Wed May 29, 2024 8:30 am
Tree wrote: Tue May 28, 2024 9:09 pm Nikki Haley writes "Finish Them" on a bomb headed for Gaza. That's who Hedge, Rat, and Sardis are in cahootz with. Sickening display from the spineless pussies here.
Now I'm in cahoots with Nikki Haley, who just endorsed your god-king Trump? You're not very bright are you, Tree?
If you vote for Biden, yes you are. Let that sink in.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Wed May 29, 2024 11:42 am

Fuck Gaza.