I think C MAC is a Mormon now.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Re: College Football

Post by Jungle Rat » Sat Sep 24, 2011 11:29 pm

My 25th high school reunion is next weekend. That's also the last time UK beat Florida. 1986.

eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Post by eCat » Sat Sep 24, 2011 11:42 pm

The difference between the 10 year and the 25 year?

At the 25 - the single women (or one who acted like they were single) were ready to get fucked that night. They were buying the drinks.
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Sat Sep 24, 2011 11:46 pm

Sweet!

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Sat Sep 24, 2011 11:49 pm

This will be my first reunion. Didn't care for the 5th or 10th cause I still saw everyone. Missed the 15th in rehab and the 20th in the pokey.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Sat Sep 24, 2011 11:51 pm

I left out what they all looked like after 25 years
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Sat Sep 24, 2011 11:54 pm

The ones I've been buttering up on Facebook still look fine. Gotta run. Gotta go pick up my daughter from her first homecoming dance.

Owlman
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Rice

Post by Owlman » Sun Sep 25, 2011 1:33 am

I don't know if there will be four superconferences. Pick the 64 teams. Be sure to include Vandabilt and Duke (unless you are breaking up the SEC and Big 12 respectfully).
My Dad is my hero still.

AlabamAlum
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: Alabama

Post by AlabamAlum » Sun Sep 25, 2011 1:33 am

Big 12?
"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity."
— Abraham Lincoln

Yes, I still miss Coach Bryant.

TheBigMook
Henchman #1
College Hoops Affiliation: Cincinnati
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by TheBigMook » Sun Sep 25, 2011 2:29 am

Owlman wrote:I don't know if there will be four superconferences. Pick the 64 teams. Be sure to include Vandabilt and Duke (unless you are breaking up the SEC and Big 12 respectfully).

Sadly it looks like UC will be left out because none of the conferences have the foresight to get a better foothold in Ohio recruiting, ceding the state to tOSU and the Big 10+soon to be 6.

The 64 teams will likely be all of the current Pac 12, Big 10, SEC, and ACC. Plus aTm (SEC superconf.), Syracuse, Pitt, UConn, Rutgers (ACC superconf.), Notre Dame(Big 10), Texas, Texas Tech, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Missouri, Kansas, Kansas State, West Virginia, Louisville, (sorted out between the SEC/Big 10/Pac 12), and 1 of BYU, Iowa State, Baylor, USF, UC, and TCU.

Baylor seems to magically weasel its way into shit it doesn't deserve, and if that doesn't happen, then it will just be the mormons paying BYU's way in the same way they bribed their way to hosting the Olympics, soooo it looks like UC (the 66th team, yeah) will be in a C-USAish situation with BYU or Baylor, Iowa State (the Big 10 seems like the only chance they had at a superconf and Iowa is not going to do them any favors), USF (the other Florida schools in the ACC and SEC will block them from getting a superconf), TCU (since they couldn't get in the Big 12 during the last conf shake-up, I doubt they have the clout to get in a superconf this time around either), the service academies, and probably like Boise State, UCF, SMU, ECU, etc. Bleeech. I don't want UC to be saddled with those shits for basketball and the other sports as well (for travel or quality issues), so hopefully a Metro Conference of sorts is reborn or they stick around in the non-football version of the Big East or whatever mish mash is left around after the shuffling between the Horizon/A10/Big East occurs.
THE OG SSG

TheBigMook
Henchman #1

Post by TheBigMook » Sun Sep 25, 2011 2:51 am

My guess is the Super Conferences will look like this

ACC-current (and recently added) members + UConn and Rutgers.

Big 10-current members + ND, Kansas, Kansas State, and Missouri

SEC-current (and recently added) member + Texas Tech, West Virginia, and Louisville

Pac 12-current+Texas, Baylor, Oklahoma, and Oklahoma State

UC's best hope is that it shakes out pretty close to this, but UK cock blocks Louisville and the Bearcats slip in instead. Ohio State won't let them in the Big 10, the ACC will be full-up, and I think even the Pac 12 has some limit to how far they will reach geographically, so the SEC is the only place left. We're screwed.

Of course, the Pac 12 may also screw this up some more by elevating some non automatic qualifier(s) (like BYU if they grease the palms enough to overcome the general distaste for their crazy mormon sporting restrictions, and/or Air Force/Colorado State so there is a travel partner for Colorado) during their next round of expansion like they did with Utah, and Louisville would likely be joining UC in FBS oblivion (I'm sure the Oklahoma or Texas schools would be preferable to Louisville for expansion if the SEC had the option)... but they would be available for the revived Metro Conference. Sooo... w00t.
THE OG SSG

TheBigMook
Henchman #1

Post by TheBigMook » Sun Sep 25, 2011 3:18 am

Assuming the mega conferences are as retarded as they seem and insist on the conference members playing all sports in their 16 team monstrosities, that would leave the Big East with 10 members (using my most likely projections.) Though I have a feeling TCU would bail at some point during all the turmoil, and there would likely be 9 members. UC and USF (and maybe by then Villanova) would need to find a place to play their football, but hopefully they will just join a football only conference and stay put for the rest of their sports in the Big East. Or who knows, maybe they will keep a very loosely affiliated Big East football conference going like the A-10 used to at the D1AA level. It would be the Island of Misfit football programs. Welcome to Big East football UCF, ECU, Army, Navy, UMass, and Temple! Please leave your shitty basketball programs at home (sorry Temple, Villanova STILL has a hard-on for you and won't let you in the Big East basketball conference.)

Though Big East basketball would be back to a manageable size, they could still go back up to 12 if they like by adding some mirror A10 schools of the teams that left for the ACC/Big 10/SEC. Or even Butler. Then the A10 would raid the Colonial or the Horizon... and the retarded dance will continue ad infinitum.
THE OG SSG

Owlman
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Rice

Post by Owlman » Sun Sep 25, 2011 12:22 pm

Robert Griffen Jr. of Baylor (undoubtedly will get worse as competition improves but...)

TCU 21-27 359 yards no INT 5TD's
SFA 20-22 265 yards no INT 3TD's
Rice 29-33 338 yards no INT 5TD's

12 missed passes, 13 TD's, no INT's
My Dad is my hero still.

Cats rule
Sophomore

Post by Cats rule » Sun Sep 25, 2011 2:53 pm

joker phillips must go...that is all

aTm
Muad'Dib
College Hoops Affiliation: Texas A&M

Post by aTm » Sun Sep 25, 2011 4:25 pm

Official word: Texas A&M will leave the Big XII and become a member of the SEC on July 1, 2012.
Sure, I could have stayed in the past. I could have even been king. But in my own way, I am king.

Hizzy III
Junior

Post by Hizzy III » Sun Sep 25, 2011 5:35 pm

Gotta give Buffalo credit... they don't lose their focus and throw in the towel. OTOH, isn't about time to admit that the NE defense is a liability? I mean, they've not looked close to championship caliber so far.

Speaking of defense... so much for the #1 rated defense in the league. What a nice, familiar fourth quarter collapse.
From the town of Possum's Paw, Alabama, standing 6'2" and weighing 150 lbs, the one, the only, the legend... Bootney Farnsworth.

Hizzy III
Junior

Post by Hizzy III » Sun Sep 25, 2011 5:40 pm

That said, even with this collapse, this team does look better, more imposing. Next year, though, they need to keep drafting defense. They need one more playmaker. They also need to keep looking to upgrade at the other CB position. Joseph did well for the most part but even he was beaten a few times. The two two-point-conversions he allowed was definitely bad.

Also, Matt Schaub needs to stop with the 4th Quarter fuckups in critical situations. That's what keeps him mired in the 2nd tier of NFL QBs.
From the town of Possum's Paw, Alabama, standing 6'2" and weighing 150 lbs, the one, the only, the legend... Bootney Farnsworth.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Sun Sep 25, 2011 5:56 pm

WHO-DEY!!!

TheBigMook
Henchman #1

Post by TheBigMook » Sun Sep 25, 2011 6:06 pm

Everyone. Except the even shittier Browns.
THE OG SSG

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Sun Sep 25, 2011 6:09 pm

Thank God for blackouts.