Moderators: eCat, hedge, Cletus

eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Re: Ostensibly Hoops

Post by eCat » Thu Nov 02, 2023 9:38 am

Kyle Tucker used to have the reputation of being Cal's lap dog, promoting whatever bullshit talking points Cal needed to feed the masses

Yesterday he wrote this article

https://1ft.io/proxy?q=http%3A%2F%2Fthe ... ipari-3%2F
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

hedge
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina

Post by hedge » Thu Nov 02, 2023 2:12 pm

"The slide was subtle enough at first — Kentucky was one shot away from returning to the Final Four in 2017 and 2019"

Glad Carolina provided the dagger in one of those...
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Thu Nov 02, 2023 2:42 pm

“That John Wall stuff and that Madness got us Anthony Davis. You gotta be talking about Madness for a month or we didn’t do our job. It’s unacceptable.”

So what did Calipari and Kentucky deliver for Madness in 2023? The least-exciting event to date."

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Thu Nov 02, 2023 2:55 pm

yea, people are saying Tucker had this article up his sleeve and pushed it out the moment Calipari cut his access off to the program
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

innocentbystander
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Boston College
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!

Post by innocentbystander » Mon Nov 06, 2023 1:47 pm

The team that BC plays tonight, the assistant coach was busted by his players for tying to solicit ladies of the night in Costa Rica back in August. Head Coach tried to have the assistant fired, but the assistant had something on the head coach. Investigation was done. Both coaches fired.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to both stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Mon Nov 06, 2023 3:59 pm

What kind of players are going to bust their coach for availing himself of the local talent in Costa Rica??

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Mon Nov 06, 2023 4:05 pm

hedge wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 3:59 pm What kind of players are going to bust their coach for availing himself of the local talent in Costa Rica??
ones at Fairfield
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to both stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Fri Nov 10, 2023 11:07 pm

Now THAT.... that is how you go to Duke and beat them on THEIR court.

The Anti k*
Junior

Post by The Anti k* » Fri Nov 10, 2023 11:28 pm

innocentbystander wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 11:07 pm Now THAT.... that is how you go to Duke and beat them on THEIR court.
Enjoyed every second of it!

But the Tar Heels are the Kings of winning in k*aMORON outhouse. You're welcome for the Caleb loan.

DooKSucks
G. Pompous Ass, II, Esq.
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by DooKSucks » Mon Nov 13, 2023 1:03 am

Caleb was adamant that he will always be a Tar Heel. Granted, it’s a small and very skewed sample size, but folks on IC who have had interactions with him have always talked about how nice of a kid he is. I questioned his shot selection and decision making more often than not last year, but it seems like he is a good kid who gives it his all. Maybe the change of scenery will work out best for everyone.

TAK, thoughts on the heels so far?
I proudly took AFAM 040 at Carolina.

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Mon Nov 13, 2023 11:05 am

We are happy with Caleb as a Wildcat. He was NOT perfect, but he didn't need to be. He just needed to contribute. I also think my future son-in-law (who was in foul trouble early) turned it around and played a very good game.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Mon Nov 13, 2023 2:04 pm

Charles Manson plays for Arizona?

DooKSucks
G. Pompous Ass, II, Esq.

Post by DooKSucks » Mon Nov 13, 2023 2:23 pm

innocentbystander wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 11:05 am We are happy with Caleb as a Wildcat. He was NOT perfect, but he didn't need to be. He just needed to contribute. I also think my future son-in-law (who was in foul trouble early) turned it around and played a very good game.
Hold up.....

DooKSucks
G. Pompous Ass, II, Esq.

Post by DooKSucks » Mon Nov 13, 2023 2:42 pm

Pelle Larson?

I hope you know that if she's dating a basketball player, she's probably not the pristine angel you think she is.

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Mon Nov 13, 2023 3:31 pm

DooKSucks wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 2:42 pm Pelle Larson?
I have to have a talk with the young man. He needs a Jackie, not a Marylyn. After he is done dicking around with that bubbly, empty-headed, Instagram model that he is with, I am going to make Pelle an offer he can't refuse and make him my son-in-law. And then he WILL give me 5 grandsons. And well, that's that.

The Anti k*
Junior

Post by The Anti k* » Mon Nov 13, 2023 4:13 pm

DS — I went to the exhibition and Radford games, then watched on TV yesterday. This team lacks Uber athletes, but plays together. You’re too young (I think?) to remember the late 80s Heels, but Hedge and Saint might agree with me that this is more like a throwback to that era. Harrison Ingram reminds me a lot of Steve Bucknall (a gritty glue guy) who is the Anti Leaky. There’s no reason we can’t compete for the ACC regular season title and make the second weekend of the NCAA Tournament.

Now nationally? Let’s see how we do with our murderers row non conference slate coming up.

Your thoughts?

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Mon Nov 13, 2023 8:42 pm

Kentucky/Kansas tomorrow night. We'll see if Cal's wunderkind have it in them to hang with a good team

The leading scorer in Kentucky high school basketball just committed to UK. Its possible we have two Mr. Kentucky Basketball players in the backcourt next year

DooKSucks
G. Pompous Ass, II, Esq.

Post by DooKSucks » Tue Nov 14, 2023 5:46 am

The Anti k* wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 4:13 pm DS — I went to the exhibition and Radford games, then watched on TV yesterday. This team lacks Uber athletes, but plays together. You’re too young (I think?) to remember the late 80s Heels, but Hedge and Saint might agree with me that this is more like a throwback to that era. Harrison Ingram reminds me a lot of Steve Bucknall (a gritty glue guy) who is the Anti Leaky. There’s no reason we can’t compete for the ACC regular season title and make the second weekend of the NCAA Tournament.

Now nationally? Let’s see how we do with our murderers row non conference slate coming up.

Your thoughts?
If they stay healthy and progress the way I think they can progress, this is a team that could / (should?) win 23-26 games before the tournament, land a 3-6 seed and then be a likely second weekend team that could lose in the first round to an athletic Cinderella or make it to the Final Four with the right draw if the team is healthy and hot from outside.

The non-conference is so brutal I am worried it could kill their psyche though.

The lack of athleticism scares me, and they don’t have the type of athletic wing scoring that can shoot, pull up or drive and finish that elite teams must have. That’s their Achilles heal. If they had a Justin Jackson at wing — and that’s not asking too much imho — they could win it all. They don’t though.

Dave23
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Memphis

Post by Dave23 » Tue Nov 14, 2023 9:33 am

Memphis has a brutal non-conference schedule as well…

@Missouri
Michigan (Atlantis)
Stanford/Arkansas (Atlantis)
UNC/TexasTech/Villanova/N Iowa (Atlantis)
@ Ole Miss
@VCU
@Texas A&M
Clemson
Virginia
Vanderbilt
AustinPeay
@Tulsa

Penny has filled the roster with 12 players who are juniors, seniors, or grads. The team is loaded.
The older I get the more I pretty much hate every cocksucker that is making decisions in this world and all of the idiots that root for political parties like sports teams. — aTm

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Tue Nov 14, 2023 9:55 am

"You’re too young (I think?) to remember the late 80s Heels, but Hedge and Saint might agree with me that this is more like a throwback to that era."

I'll take that. Not always the most exciting teams to watch with the Joe Wolf's, Dave Popson's and Jeff Lebo's, but they played sound basketball. I went into every season I was at Carolina thinking we had a FF caliber team, and truthfully, we did most years (maybe all of them) but we always got bounced in the Sweet 16 or Elite 8. But those teams won a lot of games...