Moderators: eCat, hedge, Cletus

hedge
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Re: Florida State Seminoles

Post by hedge » Wed Nov 01, 2023 7:33 pm

“… Ellis’s first job as a lawyer was as a deputy district attorney in Weld County, Colorado, where she spent most of her time in traffic court. After six months she was fired “because she refused to bring a case to trial that she believed was an unethical prosecution.” Or at least that’s what she told the Wall Street Journal.

The Colorado Sun reported that she was axed for “unsatisfactory performance” and then successfully won an unemployment claim because the hearing examiner determined that she was too incompetent to be fired for cause.

While acknowledging that Ellis had been terminated “because she failed to meet the employer's expectations 100 percent of the time,” the officer found that Ellis had only “committed an irreparable egregious act” in a small portion of her cases and was “performing the duties to the best of her ability” given the “deficiencies in her education and experience.”
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Wed Nov 01, 2023 7:35 pm

So Trump hires this borderline retard / bona fide bozo to be on his legal team (only the best and the brightest) and now she's going to testify against him. You can't make this shit up...

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Wed Nov 01, 2023 7:38 pm

Ellis bounced around a bit after that, including a six-month stint at a discovery processing company which had a contract with the State Department. As the Journal notes, Ellis appears to have retconned this in her bio to “an attorney for the US Department of State.”

She then spent a few years as a pre-law advisor to undergrads at a Christian college and self-published a couple books on the evils of homosexuality, only to emerge as a columnist for the Washington Examiner, where she described herself as a “professor of constitutional law.”

Then it was on to gigs at rightwing Christian outfits, including James Dobson’s Family Institute and the Thomas More Society, which got her booked for conservative media hits. In 2016, Ellis called Trump “insanely dangerous” and “one of the greatest threats to our liberty.” But by 2019, she was singing a different tune, and, after hearing her on Fox, Trump decided he liked the sound of it. In 2019, she joined the campaign where she was once again rechristened, this time as “Dr.” Jenna Ellis, “constitutional law attorney.”

All of which is a long way of saying that Ellis was wholly unequipped to contribute to Trump’s legal strategy, but eminently qualified to toddle along behind Rudy parroting his insane election lies. Which is more or less exactly what she did. …”

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Wed Nov 01, 2023 7:39 pm

I'm not saying this happened, but I have a crystal clear vision of Rudy telling Ellis "OK, we're going to do a major press conference day after tomorrow, book the Four Seasons"...

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Fri Nov 03, 2023 10:47 am

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Fri Nov 03, 2023 1:17 pm

“Jonathan Karl’s new book, excerpted in The Atlantic, and explores why Donald Trump chose Waco, Texas for his first rally.

Shortly after the rally was announced, I asked Steve Bannon, who had served as the CEO of Trump’s 2016 campaign and had once again emerged as one of Trump’s most important advisers, why the former president would go to Waco for his big campaign reboot. He wasn’t coy.

Said Bannon: “We’re the Trump Davidians.”

Even less subtle than the venue of the rally was how Trump kicked it off, standing silently onstage with his hand on his heart while he waited for “The Star‐Spangled Banner” to play. This wasn’t a traditional version of the national anthem. Trump’s campaign had queued up “Justice for All,” a rendition of the song recorded over a jailhouse phone by a group of about 20 inmates being held in Washington, D.C., for taking part in the assault on the U.S. Capitol.

And there’s this:

When I spoke with Bannon a few days later, he wouldn’t stop touting Trump’s performance, referring to it as his “Come Retribution” speech.

What I didn’t realize was that “Come Retribution,” according to some Civil War historians, served as the code words for the Confederate Secret Service’s plot to take hostage—and eventually assassinate—President Abraham Lincoln.”

https://politicalwire.com/2023/11/03/th ... davidians/

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Fri Nov 03, 2023 2:00 pm

I think the new speaker is a russian spy.

innocentbystander
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Boston College

Post by innocentbystander » Fri Nov 03, 2023 3:48 pm

let me guess, you read that in an authenticated, dossier?
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to both stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Fri Nov 03, 2023 6:28 pm

Evidently this guy (the new speaker) has no bank accounts of any kind, and hasn't for years. He also adopted a black male teenager when he (the new speaker) was 25 years old and single. Hmmmm....

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Fri Nov 03, 2023 7:32 pm

I'll bet he's grooming the boy for the KGB.

Tree
Senior

Post by Tree » Fri Nov 03, 2023 8:32 pm

Jungle Rat wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 7:32 pm I'll bet he's grooming the boy for the KGB.
Why did the Dems help usher in en election denier as Speaker?
Butt juice

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Fri Nov 03, 2023 9:40 pm

B/c they didn't want Gym Jordan as speaker?

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Sat Nov 04, 2023 9:23 am

Could you imagine how fucked the world would be with Jordan as speaker.

aTm
Muad'Dib
College Hoops Affiliation: Texas A&M
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by aTm » Sat Nov 04, 2023 9:33 am

I certainly dont need to try to imagine a world where the moron politicians have fucked it up even more than the one I already see every day.
Sure, I could have stayed in the past. I could have even been king. But in my own way, I am king.

Tree
Senior

Post by Tree » Sat Nov 04, 2023 10:34 am

hedge wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 9:40 pm B/c they didn't want Gym Jordan as speaker?
Thanks be to God!
Butt juice

Tree
Senior

Post by Tree » Sat Nov 04, 2023 11:03 am

Butt juice

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Sun Nov 05, 2023 2:44 am

Biden administration hit with a temporary restraining order on messing with Texas-Mexico border fence.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/opinion/ ... 52fc&ei=11
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to both stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Sun Nov 05, 2023 1:55 pm

Why not run a shadow campaign?

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/ ... a453&ei=15

Look, Biden is going to win the Dem nomination. The DNC will not permit any other candidate to debate the man, but even still, the two that are running "Shadow Campaigns" (Gretchen Whitmer and Gavin Newsome), they refuse to debate anyone anyway. So, what difference does it make?

Bill Maher's title for POTUS Biden is a good one. Bill calls Biden, Ruth Bader Biden. In that he saying two things at once: #1) I admire what you have done and I like your service to this country and #2) if you DON'T GET OUT NOW, you may do serious damage to the country when you are eventually replaced! I see his point. Ruth Bader Ginsberg did the greatest possible service any pro-abortion justice could do by sitting on the Supreme Court: she stayed until she was dead and could be replaced with an anti-abortion judge.

Tree
Senior

Post by Tree » Sun Nov 05, 2023 3:03 pm

The DNC likes Biden because he does what he's told and despite the cognitive issues and lack of any record of helping the working class, he still has the kindly old grampa look. They're happy to stick with him and Harris because no one else in the DNC is any more electable. Either way it will come down to how effective the hits on Trump end up being. My guess is they will backfire badly, if not in this election then the next. The cycle will continue with things getting steadily worse until enough people wake up and realize the Democratic party is almost as bad as the Repubs.
Butt juice

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Sun Nov 05, 2023 3:18 pm