Moderators: eCat, hedge, Cletus

DooKSucks
G. Pompous Ass, II, Esq.
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Re: College Football

Post by DooKSucks » Sun Sep 18, 2011 4:51 pm

The Skins would have lost that game in the past. The win is nice, but there needs to be major adjustments in play calling.
I proudly took AFAM 040 at Carolina.

eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Post by eCat » Sun Sep 18, 2011 6:30 pm

its too early to tell but you know what - Dalton and Green might just make one helluva combination

Dalton may not ever be a superstar but the guy is effecient
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Sun Sep 18, 2011 6:53 pm

of course, converting 3rd downs would be nice
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

aTm
Muad'Dib
College Hoops Affiliation: Texas A&M
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!

Post by aTm » Sun Sep 18, 2011 8:17 pm

Georgia's staid admin would not hire him. Bank on that.
Yeah, they are doing so well keeping guys that turn out to have screws loose away from their programs. I guess thats why they haven't already kicked Richt to the curb? "He's a good guy! If we fire him we might accidentally end up with Jim Harrick!" "Yeah no kidding, thank goodness we fired Donnan before that whole ponzi scheme thing!"
Sure, I could have stayed in the past. I could have even been king. But in my own way, I am king.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Sun Sep 18, 2011 9:12 pm

Ed Hoculi actually called a penalty on Chicago today. During a Bengals Broncos game.

THE_WIZARD_
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Nebraska

Post by THE_WIZARD_ » Sun Sep 18, 2011 11:30 pm

BLASPHEMY!!!
THE_WIZARD_. Internet legend and all around good guy. STFU.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Sun Sep 18, 2011 11:45 pm

Its true, the head ref had no idea. Scary.

aTm
Muad'Dib

Post by aTm » Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:25 am

Sure, I could have stayed in the past. I could have even been king. But in my own way, I am king.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:38 am

[youtube]VUOtxCQJuvk[/youtube]

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:42 am

Jonquil the Dauphin
Freshman
College Hoops Affiliation: St. John's

Post by Jonquil the Dauphin » Mon Sep 19, 2011 2:07 pm

So when the ACC adds UConn and Rutgers to supplement Syracuse and Pitt, will Maryland ever play Duke or UNC again?

College football is slowly, but surely, destroying college athletics.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Mon Sep 19, 2011 2:51 pm

WTF is Maryland? Sounds like a place for queers to gather.

AlabamAlum
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: Alabama

Post by AlabamAlum » Mon Sep 19, 2011 3:39 pm

Jonquil the Dauphin wrote:So when the ACC adds UConn and Rutgers to supplement Syracuse and Pitt, will Maryland ever play Duke or UNC again?

College football is slowly, but surely, destroying college athletics.

It's funny you say that because the ACC move, to me, looks like a basketball move. It easily makes the ACC the nation's premier basketball conference.
"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity."
— Abraham Lincoln

Yes, I still miss Coach Bryant.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Mon Sep 19, 2011 3:50 pm

Supposed the SEC now has a rule that it won't invite a school that already has state representation - so no Louisville, Georgia Tech

even though there is already Vandy/UT, Bama/Auburn, Ole Miss/Miss St

I'm also surprised that the ACC has that much pull to stay on track to be one of the last "big 4" given its football background is limited

aTm
Muad'Dib

Post by aTm » Mon Sep 19, 2011 4:16 pm

Jonquil the Dauphin
Freshman

Post by Jonquil the Dauphin » Mon Sep 19, 2011 4:31 pm

So we're basically going to have the ACC, Big 10, Pac-whatever, and SEC in about five years, right?

I presume the Big East will end up being Villanova, G'town, PC, St. John's, Marquette, Seton Hall, DePaul, and some combination of Dayton, St. Joe's, and Xavier. Maybe even someone like URI.

aTm
Muad'Dib

Post by aTm » Mon Sep 19, 2011 4:46 pm

There will be a central conference with some ok teams.

AugustWest
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina State

Post by AugustWest » Mon Sep 19, 2011 5:43 pm

I'd like to see the ACC add any two of Oklahoma, Okie St, ND, and Texas to boost football.
U*NC is the cleanest most honest athletic program on the planet. I am jealous of their deserved success, and I'm a mewling cunt.

Jonquil the Dauphin
Freshman

Post by Jonquil the Dauphin » Mon Sep 19, 2011 6:04 pm

I'd like to see the tooth fairy stick 1,000,000 $100 bills under my pillow tonight, but that also isn't happening.

Anyway, I see that the Missouri-KU-Iowa State-Kansas State faction is now officially in talks with the Louisville-Cincinnati-USF-WVU faction to merge into some sort of BCS-eligible conference. Drag Baylor and future Big East member TCU along and I think you've got yourself a party.

Hizzy III
Junior

Post by Hizzy III » Mon Sep 19, 2011 6:20 pm

After one quarter of the season, it's time to break out the first installment of our Bottom Ten, who, in the wake of all this conference realignment, should be banished to their own legion of losers, where all games are televised on Versus at 3:00 AM.

111. Boston College: Not only are they winless, but over the last two weeks they were blown out 30-3 by UCF and lost at home to DUKE! I repeat: DUKE! They've also scored a grand total of 39 points in three games. But, hey, no one's going to interview for another head coaching position while they're still under contract in Chestnut Hill, damnit!

112. New Mexico State: Somehow, they managed to win at Minnesota but don't be fooled. They're still awful. Then again, so is Minnesota, who would be a candidate for this list as well if they had lost at home to Miami (OH) last week. Nearly pulling out a win at USC also helps. In any case, New Mexico State probably would've been even further down this list if not for that surprise road win in Minneapolis nearly two weeks ago. Otherwise...

113. San Jose State: Not good at all but at least they gave UCLA a game and came close to beating Nevada. If only they had an offense. 34 points in three games just don't cut it.

114. New Mexico: Mike Locksley is easily one of the worst head coaching hires in FBS/Division 1-A football over the last 20 years, regardless of conference. 2-22 going into this season (back to back 1-11 campaigns) and well on his way to doing no better than duplicating the won/loss record of the previous two seasons.

115. Kent State: The Golden Flash is averaging just over six points a game. In games versus Alabama and Kansas State, they were outscored 85-7. Now, before you say, "Well, those are two tough road games. Most MAC teams would come up looking just as bad", you also have to realize that they lost at home to ULA-LA 20-12. Not good. Not even tolerable. Not even for a weak MAC team.

116. Memphis: Forget the 27-6 win over Austin Peay (it's fucking Austin Peay), the Tigers were blown out in their first two games 59-14 by Miss State and 47-3 by Arkie State--ARKIE STATE!! Memphis would have to win six games this year to make up for that bottom-of-the-floor performance in Jonesboro, which is probably the worst in school history, as far as we're concerned.

117. North Texas: Once again, the Mean Green suck. They've been a stalwart as far as this list is concerned and it doesn't appear that they're going to be making a move up the charts anytime soon. They've been outscored 130-39 in their first three games, losing each by at least 25 points. But, hey, we could look on the bright side and say that their 41-0 loss to Alabama on Saturday was, talent-for-talent, probably their best and most competitve performance of the year.

118. FAU: This is kind of by default because the bottom two are so suck shit out of a pig's ass bad that you can't conceive of anyone being worse. FAU gives it a good shot, however. By year's end, the Owls probably will be better on defense than the bottom two. Offensively, though, they're a unique brand of awful, having scored all of 3 points in two games and averaging less than 100 yards in TOTAL offense.

119. Akron: A red flag should've gone up when Ohio State put 40-plus on the Zips, particularly since Ohio State's offense is utter shit. The Zips have been outscored 142-17 in three games. They're so bad, they made Temple's two braindead QBs look good. They're so bad, that I'd give FAU 5:3 odds to score at least 20 points on them.

120. Western Kentucky: And what does this say about Kentucky, who managed to beat this hilarously putrid team by a mere 14-3 in Nashville? WKU just got worked at home by Indiana State 44-16. A 28 point loss at home to an FCS school. I'm sorry, I don't care who you are, but if you get beat at home by a FCS school that soundly, you automatically hold the bottom spot in the FBS rankings. In between the Kentucky loss and the Indiana State loss was another one-sided blowout loss to Navy, which isn't all that shameful, but it only underscores how bad this team is and how worse they seem to get with each week.
From the town of Possum's Paw, Alabama, standing 6'2" and weighing 150 lbs, the one, the only, the legend... Bootney Farnsworth.