Moderators: eCat, hedge, Cletus

eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Re: College Football

Post by eCat » Sun Sep 03, 2023 7:22 am

I think TCU isn't the same program that they were at midpoint last year - they probably won't finish the season being ranked or competing for a major bowl

but it was still a big game for CU to come in and open.
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Sun Sep 03, 2023 8:20 am

They're definitely not the same team that played in the NC last year.

aTm
Muad'Dib
College Hoops Affiliation: Texas A&M
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by aTm » Sun Sep 03, 2023 9:44 am

That was Colorado’s high water mark for the year
Sure, I could have stayed in the past. I could have even been king. But in my own way, I am king.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Sun Sep 03, 2023 10:08 am

Fox has them again next week.

Dave23
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Memphis

Post by Dave23 » Sun Sep 03, 2023 11:06 am

innocentbystander wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2023 1:06 am
eCat wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 1:07 pm every 6 or so commercial during the Colorado TCU game is Deion pimping something

As long as Colorado shows up, they are the must watch program
I will be a Colorado Buffalos fan for the rest of the year. That was decided today. They are far too much fun not to root for them.
Well, we figured it wouldn’t be BC after they wrote a 1M check to Northern Illinois and then took that L…
The older I get the more I pretty much hate every cocksucker that is making decisions in this world and all of the idiots that root for political parties like sports teams. — aTm

innocentbystander
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Boston College

Post by innocentbystander » Sun Sep 03, 2023 11:58 am

Dave23 wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2023 11:06 am
innocentbystander wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2023 1:06 am
eCat wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 1:07 pm every 6 or so commercial during the Colorado TCU game is Deion pimping something

As long as Colorado shows up, they are the must watch program
I will be a Colorado Buffalos fan for the rest of the year. That was decided today. They are far too much fun not to root for them.
Well, we figured it wouldn’t be BC after they wrote a 1M check to Northern Illinois and then took that L…
seriously.

watched that game with the Phoenix chapter of the BC alumni association. None of us expected BC to win. Hafley has to go. Now.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to both stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Sun Sep 03, 2023 1:08 pm

Last year

Colorado: 1-11
TCU: National Championship Game

Today?

I'm coming

500+ yards passing

I'm coming

4 different receivers with 100+ yards each

I'm coming
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to both stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Sun Sep 03, 2023 2:21 pm

Prime Time wrote:One of them from HBCU, had 510 yards passing, in a Power-5 football game, happened to be my son

Prime Time wrote:I'm about to get comfortable in a minute.
Holy fucking shit. Talk about a moment of PRIDE for a father to speak of his son! And to COACH your own son to 510 yards passing. I mean, my goodness.

And THEN!!!!! To be able to go AFTER the media the way they have been after him for 6 months to back up everything he said, all the shit he talked, awesome! So gratifying.

Saint
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina

Post by Saint » Sun Sep 03, 2023 2:41 pm

Is Deion going to stick around after his kids are playing in the NFL? He's not a great coach (yet). He's a dad with kids who are great players.

Saint
All-American

Post by Saint » Sun Sep 03, 2023 2:42 pm

Also, Cal and STanford in the ACC is another sign of the apocalypse

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Sun Sep 03, 2023 5:31 pm

Saint wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2023 2:42 pm Also, Cal and Stanford in the ACC is another sign of the apocalypse
They are abandoned. They have to go somewhere. No one else invited them to the party. They had no choice.

These schools are not dealing from a position of strength.

Dave23
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Memphis

Post by Dave23 » Sun Sep 03, 2023 6:57 pm

SMU, on the other hand, are clearly morons.
The older I get the more I pretty much hate every cocksucker that is making decisions in this world and all of the idiots that root for political parties like sports teams. — aTm

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Sun Sep 03, 2023 7:34 pm

Dave23 wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2023 6:57 pm SMU, on the other hand, are clearly morons.
Sometimes the difference between moronic and desperation is as narrow thin as a c-nt hair.

SMU is (was)... Chris Pratt in Passengers. As dying Morphius said to an extremely hot and fuckable Katniss Everdeen, Jim Preston was a drowning man who resorted to doing something horrible for one more breath of air. Such as it is (was) with SMU and the ACC. Try and imagine what it must have been like for a one year "death sentence" to turn into a 40 year "death sentence?" Even the NCAA couldn't have foreseen what the future held for them. Their program was the equivalent of at least Arkansas or maybe even a Texas Tech more than 40 years ago. Today? Less than even Central Florida or Houston. The young alumni who were in their 20s when SMU mattered are now in their 60s!!!! Of course they did what they had to do. 9 years is barely more than 22% of 40 years. Seems like a long time and a whole lot to give up, but after 4 decades in the hole with Andy Dufrennes, maybe just 9 years on parole bagging groceries at the Portland food-mart, not so bad? At least in the ACC, you are out of Shawshank.

Now imagine being a Washington State or an Oregon State fan. What would YOU have the administration agree to do?

eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky

Post by eCat » Sun Sep 03, 2023 9:31 pm

I saw where UNC officially said they did not want any west coast colleges in the conference.

Then again, UNC wants out too
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

Tree
Senior

Post by Tree » Sun Sep 03, 2023 9:41 pm

Deion is looking more like Flavor Flav every day.
Butt juice

Saint
All-American

Post by Saint » Sun Sep 03, 2023 10:04 pm

College football should have its own organizaton outside the NCAA. Split the big schools up in regional divisions and go from there. Then let every other sport play in whatever conferences. See? I just fixed the problem.

DooKSucks
G. Pompous Ass, II, Esq.

Post by DooKSucks » Sun Sep 03, 2023 10:43 pm

South Carolina’s offensive line is Vanderbilt level bad
I proudly took AFAM 040 at Carolina.

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Mon Sep 04, 2023 12:23 am

Saint wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2023 10:04 pm College football should have its own organizaton outside the NCAA. Split the big schools up in regional divisions and go from there. Then let every other sport play in whatever conferences. See? I just fixed the problem.
That probably IS what the SEC and the B1G(Ten, no 11, I mean 12, whoops now 18) are going to do. I think they are going to break away from the NCAA, break away from the ACC, the Big-XII, the other bullshit group of 5 conferences, and only play each other. The NCAA has zero authority to prevent that from happening. The NCAA is not a government agency and can not regulate.

As far as I know, the only government regulation that exists for how schools manage their student athletes is Title-IX. If you give scholies, you must equalize, girls and boys. And if you give money to the students, you must equalize, pay everyone. The SEC and the B1G can afford to do that, where the other conferences, might not have that kind of bread. Moreover, that 4 week summer practice restriction for football, that is a NCAA rule. If the two super conferences break away from the NCAA, they can have practice all year long. They can have scrimmages. They can do whatever they damn well please. Federal government would have to create some new, bullshit, 3 letter acronym agency to regulate, if they give a damn.

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Mon Sep 04, 2023 12:28 am

eCat wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2023 9:31 pm I saw where UNC officially said they did not want any west coast colleges in the conference.

Then again, UNC wants out too
As far as I know, there have been NO invitations offered to Clemson, FSU, or UNC from either the SEC or the B1G. So, where are they going to go, exactly? The Big-XII? Is that an upgrade over the ACC? I seriously doubt it. They could go independent. Ask BYU how that went for them (for years) and they will tell you they were only too eager to sign on the Big-XII dotted line the instant the offer was made.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Mon Sep 04, 2023 10:01 am

SC looked horrible