Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Re: Crashcourse's NASCAR And Brady > Manning Thread

Post by Jungle Rat » Wed Sep 14, 2011 1:19 pm

"Peyton is injured and his team falls apart."

C'mon now. Are you telling me that if the Colts had Peyton in Week One they would have won? Can he play defense too? The Colts are a train wreck, any non-retard saw that before the lockout ended. With or without your virgin savior the Colts still would have sucked this year. He was smart, he saw what this season was about and decided to preserve his legacy by getting the surgery. I would have done it too. But please don't try and convince me that if he had been healthy things would have been great. They still would have missed the playoffs.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Wed Sep 14, 2011 1:33 pm

Maybe Mook can translate this for me.

http://espn.go.com/espn/page2/story/_/i ... nfl-narnia

Hacksaw
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Tennessee
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc
Location: Pacific Northwest (specifically, the greater portland oregon metropolitan area)

Post by Hacksaw » Wed Sep 14, 2011 1:34 pm

Well isn't that convenient?

Keep spinnin'. You'll spin yourself right into the ground before you're through.
Deep thought of the day: "I was adopted. I thank my birth mother every day for not aborting me (although I wouldn't doubt her decision if she did)."

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Wed Sep 14, 2011 1:35 pm

Poor. Wretched. Hack.

THE_WIZARD_
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Nebraska
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Post by THE_WIZARD_ » Wed Sep 14, 2011 1:56 pm

Peyton can always stay in commercial acting...he's pretty good at that...
THE_WIZARD_. Internet legend and all around good guy. STFU.

BigRedMan
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Indiana

Post by BigRedMan » Wed Sep 14, 2011 2:21 pm

Jungle Rat wrote:"Peyton is injured and his team falls apart."

C'mon now. Are you telling me that if the Colts had Peyton in Week One they would have won? Can he play defense too? The Colts are a train wreck, any non-retard saw that before the lockout ended. With or without your virgin savior the Colts still would have sucked this year. He was smart, he saw what this season was about and decided to preserve his legacy by getting the surgery. I would have done it too. But please don't try and convince me that if he had been healthy things would have been great. They still would have missed the playoffs.

It is possible we could have out scored them in a shootout? The Colts have been known to do that before.

The Colts probably would have lost that game. The Colts probably would have done exactly what they did last year when they lost to Houston in the opener, you know, win the division and make the playoffs.

And a Bengals fan saying any other team is a train wreck is pretty fucking funny. I love you Rat with all my heart but come the fuck on.

The defense had NO CHANCE when the offense can't even get the snap right. They were put on their heels in the first quarter and had nowhere to go.
Sure, I've been called a xenophobe, but the truth is, I'm not. I honestly just feel that America is the best country and the other countries aren't as good. That used to be called patriotism.

bluetick
All-American

Post by bluetick » Wed Sep 14, 2011 2:30 pm

What a load of shit.

Peyton's defenses have always been so-so in Indy and this one is no exception. Average D or no, the Manning-led colts are 16-2 vs the texans... an .888 winning pct, the closest thing to a sure thing in the NFL. About the same as Manning's percentage of making the playoffs.

And if you have no offense, then an average defense has absolutely no chance. Field position and time of possesion swing to the other side and it's no contest. But with Peyton directing 5 or 6 long scoring drives, no way Houston piles up those points.
And then you had Foster out of the game for the texans...pfft. It would have been another ho-hum 31-13 colts win.

I hated it, but all through the Peyton years, whenever the colts would wrap up the division he would play a series or two in the remaining regular season contests and then sit. In those games Indy was something like 1-9. There's no reason to believe it'll be any different now - the colts will be lucky to finish 2-14.
"OMG, this is terrible. This is the end of my presidency. I AM FUCKED!"

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Wed Sep 14, 2011 3:33 pm

BRM, I am a football fan. The Bungles just happen to be my hometown team. Peyton is not Jesus.

Tick, C'mon man. Even you are not that stupid. Maybe.

GBJs
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Alabama
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!

Post by GBJs » Wed Sep 14, 2011 6:36 pm

bluetick wrote:

What a load of shit.

Peyton's defenses have always been so-so in Indy and this one is no exception. Average D or no, the Manning-led colts are 16-2 vs the texans... an .888 winning pct, the closest thing to a sure thing in the NFL. About the same as Manning's percentage of making the playoffs.

And if you have no offense, then an average defense has absolutely no chance. Field position and time of possesion swing to the other side and it's no contest. But with Peyton directing 5 or 6 long scoring drives, no way Houston piles up those points.
And then you had Foster out of the game for the texans...pfft. It would have been another ho-hum 31-13 colts win.

I hated it, but all through the Peyton years, whenever the colts would wrap up the division he would play a series or two in the remaining regular season contests and then sit. In those games Indy was something like 1-9. There's no reason to believe it'll be any different now - the colts will be lucky to finish 2-14.
4-12...they play the Jags twice.
Worth. Every. Cent.

GBJs
Senior
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!

Post by GBJs » Wed Sep 14, 2011 6:37 pm

actually 6-10... they play the Jags and TIT'Ns twice.
Worth. Every. Cent.

dave_rickart
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Virginia

Post by dave_rickart » Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:56 pm

Hacksaw wrote:I love the circular logic at work here. SBs are all that matters.

...until you point out the fact that Peyton has won a SB -- then it's no big deal.

Face reality, kids. Peyton has the superior stats that are used to measure an individual player's capabilities at the quarterback position and he's got the ring.

Brady goes injured and his team goes merrily along, winning at virtually the same rate as they did when he was playing.

Peyton is injured and his team falls apart.

The verdict is in. The Earth is not flat. Come to the light. Be not afraid. The truth shall set you free.

going from 18 wins to 11 the next year (minus-seven) is 'going merrily along'?

'Peyton is injured and his team falls apart'

way to mentor the backup QB there, Purtty.
Home of the 2019 National Champions.

bluetick
All-American

Post by bluetick » Thu Sep 15, 2011 1:12 pm

Never heard THAT one before...star athlete criticised for having an incompetant back-up.

Haters gonna find all kinds of ways to hate I guess.

"way to mentor...NOT!" lol
"OMG, this is terrible. This is the end of my presidency. I AM FUCKED!"

BigRedMan
Senior

Post by BigRedMan » Thu Sep 15, 2011 1:43 pm

LMAO at mentoring.
By that logic, Cassel and Brady are the same skill level and should be able to swap out without any issues.

Chase Daniel and Drew Brees can be swapped out at the drop of a hat.

Rivers and Volek should play every other series.

LMFAO at that. Awesome.
Sure, I've been called a xenophobe, but the truth is, I'm not. I honestly just feel that America is the best country and the other countries aren't as good. That used to be called patriotism.

BigRedMan
Senior

Post by BigRedMan » Thu Sep 15, 2011 1:47 pm

going from 18 wins to 11 the next year (minus-seven) is 'going merrily along'?

'Peyton is injured and his team falls apart'

way to mentor the backup QB there, Purtty.

Read and learn - http://www.coltzilla.com/off-season-cov ... the-colts/

If you don't I will paraphrase a few quotes here:

One of the biggest impacts on Indianapolis in 2010 was the unprecedented number of injuries the team had to play through. The Colts placed 18 players on Injured Reserve, and two others on the injured/waived list — including Taj Smith, who rejoined the Colts. This number does not include injured players who missed multiple games throughout the year, but still managed to hold onto a roster spot.

The Colts starters and primary backups missed a combined 137 out of 512 games (26.8%).

For comparison, many Colts fans considered 2009 a dreadful year for team injuries — starters missed 81 of 416 games (19.5%). Including the same primary backup positions, the number rises to only 90 of 512 games (17.5%). In 2008, Colts starters missed 47 games (11.3%) — 67 including primary backups (13.1%).

In 2010, Colts starters and backups missed 52% more games than they did during an injury-riddled 2009 season — 104% more than in 2008. While Indianapolis tends to suffer injuries at a rate higher than the league average every year, 2009 and 2010 were exceptionally bad. Consider that the Chicago Bears starters, who are playing in the NFC Championship Game, missed 11 games this season. The Bears total is tied for the fewest missed games in the league — with the Kansas City Chiefs. The 2010 average, according to Football Outsiders, was 47.5 missed games by team starters across the league. The Colts nearly doubled that number.

Including only those players placed IR, or those who missed at least four games, one could nearly fill an entire starting lineup for an NFL team. This team would not be composed of sub-par players, it would likely be very competitive.

CB1: Jerraud Powers (IR’d)

CB2: Kelvin Hayden (IR’d)

CB3: Jacob Lacey (4 games)

Safety1: Bob Sanders (IR’d)

Safety2: Melvin Bullitt (IR’d)

WLB: Clint Session (11 games)

MLB: Gary Brackett (4 games)

SLB: Kavell Conner (4 games)

While no defensive linemen are on the list, the secondary and linebacker talent lost is significant.

WR1: Anthony Gonzalez (IR’d)

WR2: Austin Collie (IR’d)

TE1: Dallas Clark (IR’d)

TE2: Tom Santi (IR’d)

RB1: Joseph Addai (8 games)

RB2: Mike Hart (9 games)

KR: Devin Moore (IR’d)

K: Brett Swenson (IR’d)

Now kindly STFU about why the Colts had a drop of seven games from one season to another.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:13 pm

dave_rickart
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Virginia

Post by dave_rickart » Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:39 pm

"By that logic, Cassel and Brady are the same skill level and should be able to swap out without any issues."

how is going 11-5 with an above-average offense the same as going 18-1 with a record-setting offense?

Please advise, Mr. Spin City....
Home of the 2019 National Champions.

BigRedMan
Senior

Post by BigRedMan » Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:48 pm

dave_rickart wrote:"By that logic, Cassel and Brady are the same skill level and should be able to swap out without any issues."

how is going 11-5 with an above-average offense the same as going 18-1 with a record-setting offense?

According to your logic, starting QBs need to mentor their backups in every aspect. Talent, skill level, athletic ability and such have nothing to do with how a QB performs. The swapping of QBs shouldn't change how an offense flows.

This is your logic, not mine.

AlabamAlum
Legend

Post by AlabamAlum » Thu Sep 15, 2011 3:00 pm

Has the Brady v. Peyton crap not run its course?
"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity."
— Abraham Lincoln

Yes, I still miss Coach Bryant.

Hacksaw
Senior
Location: Pacific Northwest (specifically, the greater portland oregon metropolitan area)

Post by Hacksaw » Thu Sep 15, 2011 5:22 pm

dave_rickart wrote:"By that logic, Cassel and Brady are the same skill level and should be able to swap out without any issues."

In the 9 seasons that Brady has started, between 2001-2010, the Patriots have averaged 12 regular-season wins a year.

In 2008, with the backup QB substituting for Brady, they won 11 regular-season games. Spin that.
Deep thought of the day: "I was adopted. I thank my birth mother every day for not aborting me (although I wouldn't doubt her decision if she did)."

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Thu Sep 15, 2011 6:15 pm

AlabamAlum wrote:Has the Brady v. Peyton crap not run its course?
Yes but the Peyton club keeps trying.