The Dykes

Saint
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Re: Florida State Seminoles

Post by Saint » Sun Dec 11, 2022 2:39 pm

eCat wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 1:39 pm no you can't just make some shit up and then say once again illustrates my point.
You're discrediting 90% of internet discourse with that rule. Probably 100% in this arena and all its permutations therein. Can you imagine your 30-something-year-old self posting that at CNNSI?

That reminds me of the time I told the Nebraska fan (can't remember his name along with everything else) on the College Football Thread that I would slap his face so hard it would make the ham on his neck bubble out in the back. I thought about that yesterday while waiting for my takeout order at Marty's BBQ and some dude, who seriously barely looked 30 years old, had haim all on the back of his neck, main. They asked him to come into the kitchen to verify his order and I thought they might try to slice off a chunk or 2.

hedge
Legend
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Post by hedge » Sun Dec 11, 2022 3:09 pm

She's an American citizen being used as a political pawn by an enemy state. I'm not saying a spy should be less of a priority, but given that we don't and likely never will know the nature of what Whelan was up to (was he working for the CIA? Or freelancing it? We'll never know), I wouldn't necessarily say he should be more of a priority either. I was really just commenting on your callous "play stupid games, win stupid prizes" quip, as if having a vape pen justifies a 10 year sentence in solitary confinement. I'm just saying that if you chose to play the spy game you go into it knowing the potential consequences if you get caught. Obviously you don't see that as "play stupid games, win stupid prizes," b/c for some reason you evidently get all patriotic (or something) if it's ultra top secret cloak and dagger James Bond shit, but then in the next post you're going to be bitching and moaning about the "Deep State." Can't have it both ways, if you hate the "deep state" you can't be all rah-rah gungho for spies who get caught. And that's assuming that this Whelan guy even was a legit spy working for the US - if he wasn't and was just in there playing James Bond on his own accord (and that very well may be the case), then yeah, that's practically the definition of play stupid games, win stupid prizes and he doesn't deserve priority over a more or less innocent American citizen, irregardless if you or I or anyone else knows what basketball team she plays for or if we know anything about her whatsoever...
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

aTm
Muad'Dib
College Hoops Affiliation: Texas A&M
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by aTm » Sun Dec 11, 2022 3:16 pm

DS your ship has come in…

Sure, I could have stayed in the past. I could have even been king. But in my own way, I am king.

eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky

Post by eCat » Sun Dec 11, 2022 3:33 pm

I saw that earlier.

I like Stephen King posting about how much it sucks now to hear opposing viewpoints
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Sun Dec 11, 2022 3:36 pm

hedge wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 3:09 pm She's an American citizen being used as a political pawn by an enemy state. I'm not saying a spy should be less of a priority, but given that we don't and likely never will know the nature of what Whelan was up to (was he working for the CIA? Or freelancing it? We'll never know), I wouldn't necessarily say he should be more of a priority either. I was really just commenting on your callous "play stupid games, win stupid prizes" quip, as if having a vape pen justifies a 10 year sentence in solitary confinement. I'm just saying that if you chose to play the spy game you go into it knowing the potential consequences if you get caught. Obviously you don't see that as "play stupid games, win stupid prizes," b/c for some reason you evidently get all patriotic (or something) if it's ultra top secret cloak and dagger James Bond shit, but then in the next post you're going to be bitching and moaning about the "Deep State." Can't have it both ways, if you hate the "deep state" you can't be all rah-rah gungho for spies who get caught. And that's assuming that this Whelan guy even was a legit spy working for the US - if he wasn't and was just in there playing James Bond on his own accord (and that very well may be the case), then yeah, that's practically the definition of play stupid games, win stupid prizes and he doesn't deserve priority over a more or less innocent American citizen, irregardless if you or I or anyone else knows what basketball team she plays for or if we know anything about her whatsoever...
it may not justify it here, but its a typical sentence in Russia. Its 5-10 years for what she did. There are a bunch of people locked up over there for the exact same thing. I don't understand Americans that travel to foreign countries and don't at least think about the consequences of their actions before hand.

You think she deserves special treatment because she is an American citizen or a black lesbian WBNA player? You think she is worth letting a Russia arms dealer out who less than 48 hours of his release has publicly said he'll do what he can to support the invasion of Ukraine?

now I agree with you if he, Whelan, was doing some shit on his own or for another country, then let him rot, but how many Americans are going to go to Russia and steal espionage information on their own?
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Sun Dec 11, 2022 3:41 pm

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Sun Dec 11, 2022 3:43 pm

"You think she deserves special treatment because she is an American citizen or a black lesbian WBNA player?"

I think she definitely only got special treatment from Russia b/c she was a marginally famous American citizen. Black or lesbian has nothing to do with it as far as anyone is concerned I would think. Russia would've done the same thing if it had been, say, Gary Busey if given the chance. Not sure why you're bringing up black lesbian (or WNBA for that matter)...

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Sun Dec 11, 2022 3:45 pm

After a court-martial conviction in January 2008 on multiple counts "related to larceny", he was sentenced to 60 days restriction, reduction to pay grade E-4, and a bad conduct discharge.[9][10] The specific charges against him included attempting to steal more than $10,000 in 2006 in Iraq and using a false Social Security number to create a false account on a government computer system to grade his own examinations.[11]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Whel ... _director)

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Sun Dec 11, 2022 3:50 pm

Wonder why I never saw any complaints in here (or anywhere) about Trevor Reed being released from Russia via a prisoner swap earlier this year?

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Sun Dec 11, 2022 4:25 pm

hedge wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 3:43 pm "You think she deserves special treatment because she is an American citizen or a black lesbian WBNA player?"

I think she definitely only got special treatment from Russia b/c she was a marginally famous American citizen. Black or lesbian has nothing to do with it as far as anyone is concerned I would think. Russia would've done the same thing if it had been, say, Gary Busey if given the chance. Not sure why you're bringing up black lesbian (or WNBA for that matter)...
because I'm trying my hardest to figure out why you think she deserves to be prioritized for release or at least an equal to a arms dealer named the merchant of death.

if she wasn't a black lesbian WNBA player none of us would ever hear of her, not would any of us give a shit she got a 9 year sentence for bringing illegal drugs into a foreign country.

Reed was exchanged for a pilot smuggling drugs in Liberia, BTW, he got sentenced to 9 years for arguing with a cop.

I doubt many people would be up in arms over Griner being exchanged for a drug smuggling pilot caught in Liberia.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Sun Dec 11, 2022 4:38 pm

Yeah, an arms dealer that had been in custody for over 14 years and was scheduled to be released in 6 years. I'm not real worried about throwing that rotten fish back in the ocean. Also an arms dealer that the US paid millions of dollars to to get arms into Afghanistan. Strange bedfellows indeed...

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Sun Dec 11, 2022 4:39 pm

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Sun Dec 11, 2022 4:42 pm

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Sun Dec 11, 2022 4:43 pm

"if she wasn't a black lesbian WNBA player none of us would ever hear of her"

I'd never heard of this court martialed Whelan dude before any of this either. BTW, he was born in Canada and has Canadian, Irish and British citizenship. Given his past, who the hell knows who he was working for or if he was even working for anybody. Maybe he was just trying to procure Russian state secrets to sell to the highest bidder, which, if that's the case.. what was the phrase you so gleefully used about Griner? Play stupid games, win stupid prizes?

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Sun Dec 11, 2022 4:44 pm

"if she wasn't a black lesbian WNBA player none of us would ever hear of her"

Yeah, and for some reason I can't shake the feeling that if she had been a cute white heterosexual christian WNBA player, none of us would be hearing the bitching and moaning that we're hearing from those bemoaning Griner's release...

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Sun Dec 11, 2022 4:47 pm

hedge wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 4:44 pm "if she wasn't a black lesbian WNBA player none of us would ever hear of her"

Yeah, and for some reason I can't shake the feeling that if she had been a cute white heterosexual christian WNBA player, none of us would be hearing the bitching and moaning that we're hearing from those bemoaning Griner's release...
I don't know - would she have claimed to hate the USA prior to begging it to help get her out of prison?

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Sun Dec 11, 2022 4:56 pm

"Reed was exchanged for a pilot smuggling drugs in Liberia, BTW, he got sentenced to 9 years for arguing with a cop.

I doubt many people would be up in arms over Griner being exchanged for a drug smuggling pilot caught in Liberia."

Hmmm, when was Reed detained in Russia? Oh yeah, it was in 2019. Wonder why it took until now to get such a low level US citizen exchanged for a low level drug smuggler caught in Liberia (or someone else just as equally low level)?

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Sun Dec 11, 2022 4:57 pm

"I don't know - would she have claimed to hate the USA prior to begging it to help get her out of prison?"

Wouldn't have mattered to the MAGAts as long as she was cute white christian heterosexual...

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Sun Dec 11, 2022 5:09 pm

"an arms dealer named the merchant of death."

Are you referring to your local gun store owner? B/c it's hard for me to see how somebody as opposed to gun control as you seem to be can suggest that an arms dealer is responsible for the deaths created by the weapons he sold. Gun don't kill people, people kill people. Or something like that. Right?