Moderators: eCat, hedge, Cletus

eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Re: La Salle Explorers

Post by eCat » Mon Nov 21, 2022 7:34 pm

hedge wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 7:18 pm " I need to be no more than 20 minutes away from civilization."

I assume by civilization you mean Costco...
pretty much, although Bluefield did manage to have a Sam's club, so that why it rates higher than the other cities around there
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Mon Nov 21, 2022 10:40 pm

on other thing, driving on route 612 between Fayetteville and Charleston, I came across the New River Company Oakwood Store.

An old Coal company store. Its abandoned but that's a piece of history that probably doesn't have very good impressions of it. I wish I had time to go to Matewan.

I was also on the Blue Ridge Parkway quite a bit. It has some beautiful spots. I had to stop in 2 spots and clear fallen branches off of it. I guess people were using it much on a cold Sunday in November
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

sardis
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Villanova

Post by sardis » Tue Nov 22, 2022 9:55 am

That area of the country is naturally beautiful, but the area is so depressed that it is even depressing just to visit. My son went 3 semesters at a university in Beckley and I drive up I-77 and rte 19 to visit back to PA twice a year. I've stayed in Bluefield, Beckley, Charleston, Wheeling, Morganton. It's just always gray and the 40 year olds look 70.

sardis
All-American

Post by sardis » Tue Nov 22, 2022 9:57 am

Fayetteville, along the New River, near the bridge would be the one place that I could possibly see myself living, but no desire elswhere.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Tue Nov 22, 2022 11:01 am

maybe if I had a spot with a few acres, a view of a valley below me I would like it but its tough living out there for sure.

hedge
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina

Post by hedge » Tue Nov 22, 2022 11:07 am

sardis wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 9:57 am Fayetteville, along the New River, near the bridge would be the one place that I could possibly see myself living
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Fri Nov 25, 2022 8:01 pm

SERPINTINE!

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Mon Dec 19, 2022 8:51 am

my wife is flying Allegiant air today against my warning a few weeks ago she'd regret it.

It might work out. I will not fly a budget airline.

She told me last night they want $5 to print out a boarding pass

sardis
All-American

Post by sardis » Mon Dec 19, 2022 9:11 am

I flew Spirit Airlines to Florida last month and it wasn't until I checked-in that I was to pay $62 per carry on each way....

sardis
All-American

Post by sardis » Mon Dec 19, 2022 9:12 am

But, then again, I flew American this past weekend and was dealing with delays. Seemed every AA flight was delayed.

aTm
Muad'Dib
College Hoops Affiliation: Texas A&M
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by aTm » Mon Dec 19, 2022 9:21 am

I don’t know if or how the really small budget airlines actually make money, but you couldn’t pay me to fly on one. Air travel industry has essentially become a loss leader. Every major airline loses money flying and maintaining the airplanes. “Airlines” are essentially banks. The frequent flyer programs and card programs etc are worth billions of dollars and each flight and normal paying customer they have is a net loss, basically just continued as something they have to do to keep the frequent flyer program going. Maybe the little guys make money hand over fist, but the idea of flying an airline that might be cutting corners on maintenance to stay afloat. Then again I’m probably giving the big airlines too much credit.
Sure, I could have stayed in the past. I could have even been king. But in my own way, I am king.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Mon Dec 19, 2022 11:24 am

"Then again I’m probably giving the big airlines too much credit."

I don't think so. Budget airlines really do suck...

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Mon Dec 19, 2022 11:27 am

she texted me 5 minutes ago she landed.

so the trip down was painless anyways.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Mon Dec 19, 2022 12:11 pm

But where did she land?

innocentbystander
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Boston College

Post by innocentbystander » Fri Dec 23, 2022 11:30 am

and another fight

it appears that a woman fell overboard and died. coast guard recovered the body and they found physical damage to her body (not just drowning) and the cops went onboard the ship to investigate. but because the cops did that, people were not permitted to disembark, and a fight ensues
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to both stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.

innocentbystander
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Boston College

Post by innocentbystander » Fri Dec 23, 2022 11:39 am

aTm wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 9:21 am I don’t know if or how the really small budget airlines actually make money, but you couldn’t pay me to fly on one. Air travel industry has essentially become a loss leader. Every major airline loses money flying and maintaining the airplanes. “Airlines” are essentially banks. The frequent flyer programs and card programs etc are worth billions of dollars and each flight and normal paying customer they have is a net loss, basically just continued as something they have to do to keep the frequent flyer program going. Maybe the little guys make money hand over fist, but the idea of flying an airline that might be cutting corners on maintenance to stay afloat. Then again I’m probably giving the big airlines too much credit.
The First Officer is paid like, $21,500 a year (or whatever) on Spirit and other bullshit airlines. You take a job with them when you are like a 22 year old pilot with almost no commercial flight hours. Southwest would never hire you and United/Delta/American wouldn't even look at your resume.

20 year old flight attendants on these horseshit airlines make $13/hour or whatever. When Skybus operated out of Columbus Ohio, flight attendant position paid $9.50/hour (base) plus "commission" for in-flight make up and perfume sales. It appears that airline. in-flight personnel were sales people and the plane operated partially as retail.

Gate agents, minimum wage. Ramp agents, minimum wage. Ops agents, minimum wage. They bolt the instant a real airline is hiring.

The discount airline is how newbie flight crews pay their dues in the industry until they can bolt for a real airline (which is what happened in 2021 with all the Spirit Cancellations.) The "lie" that the discount airline says for flight cancellations is mechanical issues. The "truth" is that there is no crew to staff the plane, no airport staff in logistics to get people on and off at the gate, or both.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to both stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Fri Dec 23, 2022 2:42 pm

I wish you would fall overboard. Off a plane.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Sat Dec 31, 2022 6:20 am

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Tue Jan 10, 2023 12:17 am

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Tue Jan 10, 2023 8:38 am

Now if they'd just learn how to pronounce Beaufort...