Moderators: eCat, hedge, Cletus

eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Re: Florida State Seminoles

Post by eCat » Tue Sep 20, 2022 1:00 pm

bigger issues in the world but Bill Maher talks about Presentism .

The Portland School Curriculum is bananas

this is the kind of stuff that makes Midwestern people vote for someone like Trump even when they know he is a trainwreck.
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

hedge
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina

Post by hedge » Tue Sep 20, 2022 1:04 pm

Hopefully we'll get a ruling that will force the hated aTm to loose his iron grip of censorship on this place...
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Tue Sep 20, 2022 1:26 pm

Unless they make everyone go by their real names and their company names you're always gonna have crackpots with names like Innocent Bystander or eCat that will flood social media with Qanon theories and such. Those are the ones who need to be shipped to Mexico without ID.

DooKSucks
G. Pompous Ass, II, Esq.
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by DooKSucks » Tue Sep 20, 2022 3:33 pm

eCat wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 11:53 am I understand but now we have platforms that by their own admission have contributed to the obstruction of free and fair elections.

I would almost think that social media would prefer some SCOTUS ruling versus government regulation for equal time/censoring for political campaigns
Since you and your side push for literal interpretation, let me paraphrase Scalia: if you want it changed, get the Congress to pass an amendment and send it to the states to act upon it.
I proudly took AFAM 040 at Carolina.

innocentbystander
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Boston College

Post by innocentbystander » Tue Sep 20, 2022 3:42 pm

Jungle Rat wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 1:26 pm Unless they make everyone go by their real names and their company names you're always gonna have crackpots with names like Innocent Bystander or eCat that will flood social media with Qanon theories and such. Those are the ones who need to be shipped to Mexico without ID.
Dr Fauci has refused to answer any questions in Senate hearings on whether or not he (and others in his department) collect "royalties" from pharmaceutical companies regarding vaccines. He refuses to answer because the democrats are in charge in the Seante and the rules that the democrats imposed makes Fauci above critical inquiry. And people like you rat, you are okay with that, because you are a leftist democrat first and foremost as opposed to a decent human being with a mind of your own. Republicans want to change the rules but you will vote for another democrat Senator who will protect Fauci if you are given the chance.

You have no mind. You have nothing. All you can do is opine on others about THEIR opinions since you have not been given permission by your democrat overlords to have your own opinion. Yet one more thing that makes me a better man than you.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to both stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Tue Sep 20, 2022 3:48 pm

Scalia was a consequentialist.

All I'm saying it I would not be surprised that the Supreme Court looks at this in a different light.

Foreign Interference of Elections allows the president to call for a national emergency. Quite frankly, I'm stunned Trump given his viewpoints on the matter didn't do just that.

If social media allows for an avenue to enact a national emergency, some entity, judicial or legislative is going to rule on it.

and also, how certain were you of Roe V. Wade 10 years ago?
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Tue Sep 20, 2022 4:37 pm

eCat wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 3:48 pm Scalia was a consequentialist.

All I'm saying it I would not be surprised that the Supreme Court looks at this in a different light.

Foreign Interference of Elections allows the president to call for a national emergency. Quite frankly, I'm stunned Trump given his viewpoints on the matter didn't do just that.
meh. They would have impeached him for calling that emergency. As far as the left is concerned, every action he took was impeachment worthy.
eCat wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 3:48 pmIf social media allows for an avenue to enact a national emergency, some entity, judicial or legislative is going to rule on it.

i didn't think it would ever be overturned. In doing so, we have proven that there in fact IS a God and He has forgiven us.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to both stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.

DooKSucks
G. Pompous Ass, II, Esq.

Post by DooKSucks » Tue Sep 20, 2022 5:11 pm

eCat wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 3:48 pm Scalia was a consequentialist.

If social media allows for an avenue to enact a national emergency, some entity, judicial or legislative is going to rule on it.

If the position is that SCOTUS should look at it in a different light under modern standards than the argument for original textualism is dead.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Tue Sep 20, 2022 5:11 pm

Fauci Fauci Fauci!

DooKSucks
G. Pompous Ass, II, Esq.

Post by DooKSucks » Tue Sep 20, 2022 5:12 pm

eCat wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 3:48 pm Foreign Interference of Elections allows the president to call for a national emergency. Quite frankly, I'm stunned Trump given his viewpoints on the matter didn't do just that.

Yes, it's his path to becoming our fascist dictator....

DooKSucks
G. Pompous Ass, II, Esq.

Post by DooKSucks » Tue Sep 20, 2022 5:14 pm

eCat wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 3:48 pm and also, how certain were you of Roe V. Wade 10 years ago?
Personally? I'm still certain that it is well grounded in law, but even though I didn't think it would be overruled outright, I was worried that the Federalist Society's original textualist wet dream of controlling the judiciary was taking hold (it has) and that they would kill it via a thousand cuts. Instead, they used all of their power and gutted it outright without the hint of worry regarding legitimate precedent.

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Tue Sep 20, 2022 5:36 pm

DooKSucks wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 5:14 pm
eCat wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 3:48 pm and also, how certain were you of Roe V. Wade 10 years ago?
Personally? I'm still certain that it is well grounded in law, but even though I didn't think it would be overruled outright, I was worried that the Federalist Society's original textualist wet dream of controlling the judiciary was taking hold (it has) and that they would kill it via a thousand cuts. Instead, they used all of their power and gutted it outright without the hint of worry regarding legitimate precedent.
There was no legitimate precedent for it. The Supreme Court DESTROYS laws (like McCain-Feingold.) The Supreme Court can not make laws. That is why we have legislature.

If (for whatever reason) the federal legislature can not make a federal law saying that abortion is legal in all 50 states for all 9 months of gestation (which was Roe vs Wade) then the law should not exist.

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Tue Sep 20, 2022 6:12 pm

The mayor of NYC is considering using cruise ships to house illegal aliens that DeSants and Abbott are sending him

Tree
Senior

Post by Tree » Tue Sep 20, 2022 9:07 pm

hedge wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 10:38 am Article for Tree. And it's short enough that even his amoeba-like attention span will be able to get thru it in a couple of reading sessions...

Cruel Britannia

The British Empire Was Much Worse Than You Realize

The world’s biggest colonial power prided itself on being a liberal democracy. Was this part of the problem?

https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2022 ... f-violence
Some interesting details there but the overall premise is about as frivolous and asinine as, well....you. OKAY that all checks out. Carry on.
Butt juice

Tree
Senior

Post by Tree » Tue Sep 20, 2022 9:42 pm

innocentbystander wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 6:12 pm The mayor of NYC is considering using cruise ships to house illegal aliens that DeSants and Abbott are sending him

Hope they get all the bells and whistles. Booze, movies, chocolate fountain, etc.
Butt juice

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Wed Sep 21, 2022 2:55 am

Abortion will be legal again soon enough. Up to 3 months then only via a doctors aporoval. Then the unqualified plants in the SCOTUS will be removed and we can get back to America again.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Wed Sep 21, 2022 7:50 am

who would have thought Lindsay Graham comes off as the voice of reason between the two sides on this

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Wed Sep 21, 2022 7:52 am

Tree wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 9:42 pm
innocentbystander wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 6:12 pm The mayor of NYC is considering using cruise ships to house illegal aliens that DeSants and Abbott are sending him

Hope they get all the bells and whistles. Booze, movies, chocolate fountain, etc.
Carnival Cruises isn't much better than an illegal alien holding facility

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Wed Sep 21, 2022 8:01 am

"who would have thought Lindsay Graham comes off as the voice of reason between the two sides on this"

I don't think the hardcore pro-life crowd is into reason, they're going to take this as a betrayal...
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Wed Sep 21, 2022 8:32 am

yea they will, along with the pro choice people that would want longer.

I was listening to an interview with Graham yesterday and they were pressing him - I think it was Fox, who else would interview Graham, it was on the radio and I don't know the channel - and they were going in with the Pro Life agenda saying "what do you tell the people that say this is a states rights issue" and I thought his response was pretty good , he said if you are pro life, then you have to see this as a human rights issue (which the pro choice people must see as well) and therefore its an American issue that must be resolved at the federal level. He also went on some rant saying that only China and North Korea have abortion laws written like our and we're even looser than them in some regards.

Now I don't know if I agree or not, abortion isn't a hill I'm going to die on being pro life, I just wish it was settled and we had a solution that everyone could live with (including the unborn)