The Forum Without Decorum.

Moderators: eCat, hedge, Cletus

innocentbystander
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Boston College
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!

Re: Florida State Seminoles

Post by innocentbystander » Thu Aug 25, 2022 2:19 pm

eCat wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 1:52 pm that's why I said loans should be capped at a % against the average tuition of a state school to eliminate the option of private schools leaving them to only the wealthy, grants or scholarships and to put pressure on state schools to lower prices.

its just too easy for a kid to move into a apartment on campus with washer/dryer, work out at the student center with indoor track and rock climbing wall, eat at one of the 7 on campus cafeterias with an all you can eat plan and go to games in the $400m on campus sports arena - its just too tempting for kids to buy in with a sign on the dotted line and start paying for it 5 years from now.

To an 18 year old kid, 5 years is a lifetime away.
I never had any student loans. And all my friends who did, they are paying them off still. They did everything they could to turn them into interest-only payments, kick the can down the road (perhaps until death.) All the girls I dated, they did expect that their future husbands would just pay off all that debt. They never even considered how to make those payments. As far as they were concerned, it was always just free money that if they couldn't Welsh on it with bankruptcy (and they can't) then find someone, ANYONE ELSE to pay it off. In this case, you and I are paying for Mary Sue's gender studies degree.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to both stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Thu Aug 25, 2022 2:29 pm

I think hedge is right and what we've always thought about IB. His mom routinely shoved a cucumber up his ass as a child.

hedge
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Post by hedge » Thu Aug 25, 2022 2:44 pm

Sharon Tate’s sister fighting parole for Manson follower Patricia Krenwinkel

The sister of slain actress Sharon Tate is raising concerns after a state parole panel found Patricia Krenwinkel, one of Charles Manson’s followers and a participant in the infamous 1969 murder, suitable for parole.

https://www.latimes.com/california/stor ... for-parole
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky

Post by eCat » Thu Aug 25, 2022 4:13 pm

I wonder if she has seen Once Upon A Time in Hollywood
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Thu Aug 25, 2022 4:25 pm

The Ashley Biden diary where she talks about Daddy Biden taking unwanted showers with her?

turns out its not fake..............................

Two people plead GUILTY to federal charges for stealing very revealing diary of Joe Biden's daughter Ashley and selling it to Project Veritas: Now face up to five years in jail

Two people pleaded guilty to peddling a diary and other items belonging to President Joe Biden's daughter Ashley, prosecutors said on Thursday
Biden, 41, left personal items at a Florida home where she stayed in 2020
They were taken by Aimee Harris, 40, who moved in soon after
She asked Robert Kurlander, 58, for help selling some of the property
The pair first tried to sell it to the Trump campaign before the 2020 election
But they were told to hand the items to the FBI, according to court documents
They eventually sold them to Project Veritas and face up to five years in prison
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Thu Aug 25, 2022 4:28 pm

remember when the FBI raided Project Veritas and accused them of stealing the diary? then they took their cell phones and private records, and leaked it to the NYT?

yep, good ole FBI

aTm
Muad'Dib
College Hoops Affiliation: Texas A&M
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by aTm » Thu Aug 25, 2022 5:09 pm

It's bad for democracy to investigate the President.
Sure, I could have stayed in the past. I could have even been king. But in my own way, I am king.

aTm
Muad'Dib

Post by aTm » Thu Aug 25, 2022 5:14 pm

In which a guy named "Reich" claims that some other guy's surname is synonymous with facism...

Sure, I could have stayed in the past. I could have even been king. But in my own way, I am king.

Tree
Senior

Post by Tree » Thu Aug 25, 2022 5:25 pm

aTm wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 12:28 pm This is all just buying votes from educated young adults. The government already has existing programs where student loan debt goes away. You are only required to pay a certain percentage of your discretionary income (so like if despite your $150,000 degree, you're working in a coffee shop or whatever, you can get your minimum payment down to lik $75 or $100 or whatever the calculation would be). Then any amount that is not paid off after 25 years of these payments is automatically wiped out. And if you work for the government in some capacity, its only 10 years of payments before its wiped out.

The government wants to just give people $10,000 because this is a naked bribe. If they go about advertising the fact that you can just sign up for the existing federal student loan forgiveness programs, then all the real problem debt held by people in actual dire circumstances would just get wiped out with no votes gained.

This is another globalist vs nationalist, democrat vs republican example. The vast majority of this money is going to go to young people who are well off, and even the amounts that go to people not well off, its going to an educated, cosmopolitan city dwelling poor stuck in globalist service industries, while the true working class have to pay for it all, never having gained the benefit of the education money in the first place. It doesn't seem like a huge win for democrats among globalists either though, as it likely pisses off people that are highly educated and had to pay off their debts.
That's pretty much your standard intellectually lazy right wing viewpoint. Not going to go too far into it except to say even if it were true, wow, a politician offering services to large groups of people in exchange for getting voted into office. Hilarious that this standard model of how a democratic republic should work is being condemned as bad by the right. Much better than the typical business model for both parties which is offering services to a few super rich in exchange for millions in campaign contributions.

Great move for the country to have this sizable bit of student loan debt forgiven.
Butt juice

sardis
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Villanova

Post by sardis » Thu Aug 25, 2022 6:10 pm

eCat wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 4:13 pm I wonder if she has seen Once Upon A Time in Hollywood
Great movie by the way. I never liked Brad Pitt much, but he was great in this one.

aTm
Muad'Dib

Post by aTm » Thu Aug 25, 2022 6:43 pm

Not going to go too far into it except to say even if it were true
Which part do you doubt is true? The fact that it is easy for people who actually have low earnings to get their payments reduced and eventually their entire debt eliminated? The people who will actually benefit? Roughly 40% of all student loan debt is held by young adults age 20-30. This makes perfect sense, and I imagine pretty much everybody here who had them, as I did, owed them when they were in this age group. Another 40% of all student loan debt is held by young adults age 30-40. These are almost all people with advanced degrees, who went to school longer, paid more, and have been out for less time, so they still have them.

The main benefactors of this policy are determined just based on education level, age, and whether you chose more expensive schools over inexpensive schools. It is absolutely targeted right at connected (not lower class) young adults. Anybody that claims this some kind of progressive type policy targeted at minorities, or the poor, or working class, is a lie.

I guess maybe this policy is left wing, since you claim that my viewpoint is right wing, but if true, that really just shows that I'm right about where the political spectrum is headed as well. A government offering pork to a coalition of 26 year old former frat boys and sorority girls and 35 year old medical doctors, attorneys, and PhDs is about as far from what would typically be called a left wing agenda as anything I can think of.

Tree
Senior

Post by Tree » Thu Aug 25, 2022 7:20 pm

aTm wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 6:43 pm
Not going to go too far into it except to say even if it were true
Which part do you doubt is true? The fact that it is easy for people who actually have low earnings to get their payments reduced and eventually their entire debt eliminated? The people who will actually benefit? Roughly 40% of all student loan debt is held by young adults age 20-30. This makes perfect sense, and I imagine pretty much everybody here who had them, as I did, owed them when they were in this age group. Another 40% of all student loan debt is held by young adults age 30-40. These are almost all people with advanced degrees, who went to school longer, paid more, and have been out for less time, so they still have them.

The main benefactors of this policy are determined just based on education level, age, and whether you chose more expensive schools over inexpensive schools. It is absolutely targeted right at connected (not lower class) young adults. Anybody that claims this some kind of progressive type policy targeted at minorities, or the poor, or working class, is a lie.

I guess maybe this policy is left wing, since you claim that my viewpoint is right wing, but if true, that really just shows that I'm right about where the political spectrum is headed as well. A government offering pork to a coalition of 26 year old former frat boys and sorority girls and 35 year old medical doctors, attorneys, and PhDs is about as far from what would typically be called a left wing agenda as anything I can think of.
Okay. You don't want to talk about the one issue I had with your post. So I guess I'll talk about your stuff.

The part that isn't true is that this discretionary income bit for a big chunk of your life is somehow the same as $20k forgiveness up front plus the discretionary bit afterwards.

I haven't seen anyone say this is a minority/poor thing but instead of putting it in terms of working class, which is kind of by definition anyone who doesn't have a degree, how about thinking in terms of the fact that half the country is living paycheck to paycheck and everyone else is in the process of being pushed downward except the very few at the top? This is a big deal that will help a lot of Americans that are hurting and also stimulate the economy at the same time. Despite the hafltard rightie spins on this and everything else good, tons of people will now have a better life and retirement (the only metric that really matters).

Student loan forgiveness is sadly a left wing issue right now given how far out on the right we are, but ideally it would be a liberal/moderate thing. This is the best thing Biden (or Obama) has done unless some new info or changes come out to the contrary. Way better than the 15% minimum corporate tax, which is a joke that that would be necessary to legislate.
Butt juice

hedge
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina

Post by hedge » Thu Aug 25, 2022 7:30 pm

eCat wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 4:13 pm I wonder if she has seen Once Upon A Time in Hollywood
That's fixin to come on on FX in about 20 minutes...
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Thu Aug 25, 2022 7:43 pm

Ooooo. Cut or uncut?

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Thu Aug 25, 2022 7:52 pm

I don't see it on my FX but that's shitty cable.

Tree
Senior

Post by Tree » Thu Aug 25, 2022 8:26 pm

Actually I take that back. The ACA was better than this for folks who live in the right states. God Bless John Roberts tho. How many Americans did he get dead and/or bankrupt with his corrupt GOP politics? In the end he will probably have fucked over more than covid.
Butt juice

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Thu Aug 25, 2022 8:39 pm

What's happening Jack?
20220825_203839.jpg
20220825_203839.jpg (135.19 KiB) Viewed 175 times

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Thu Aug 25, 2022 8:45 pm

received_1160323278027657.jpeg
received_1160323278027657.jpeg (44.12 KiB) Viewed 173 times

Tree
Senior

Post by Tree » Thu Aug 25, 2022 11:12 pm

John Roberts is a cunt.
Butt juice

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Fri Aug 26, 2022 8:53 am

sardis wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 6:10 pm
Great movie by the way. I never liked Brad Pitt much, but he was great in this one.
I think its Tarantino's best movie, mainly because he stays in the margins so to speak