Moderators: eCat, hedge, Cletus

eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Re: Florida State Seminoles

Post by eCat » Wed Aug 17, 2022 11:01 am

1996 to 2000 was an amazing economy to be in if you had even a bit of tech knowledge.

My biggest complaint about Clinton was him being all in on the global economy and NAFTA
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

hedge
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina

Post by hedge » Wed Aug 17, 2022 11:04 am

IIRC, he had a couple of years where we ran a budget surplus. That hadn't happened in awhile and certainly hasn't come close to happening since. FWIW, Gavin Newsome has been running large budget surpluses in California for awhile. You'd think fiscal conservatives would love that, but he's a dem so forget it...
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky

Post by eCat » Wed Aug 17, 2022 11:37 am

$49b would go a long way in creating a sustainable water source in the state.
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

Dave23
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Memphis

Post by Dave23 » Wed Aug 17, 2022 11:41 am

Clinton II was the only Democrat I ever voted for…
The older I get the more I pretty much hate every cocksucker that is making decisions in this world and all of the idiots that root for political parties like sports teams. — aTm

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Wed Aug 17, 2022 11:49 am

Clinton made my ass a lot of money during the tech boom. You all too probably. I love the guy. The man got a blowjob in the Oval Office. I mean, come on!

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Wed Aug 17, 2022 4:29 pm

received_580373776915461.jpeg
received_580373776915461.jpeg (20.84 KiB) Viewed 262 times

Tree
Senior

Post by Tree » Wed Aug 17, 2022 6:01 pm

Clinton signed NAFTA, the biggest dagger ever in the back of the working class, killed off Glass Steagall which brought about the crash of 2008, and gutted welfare in a vulture capitalist economy where we need all the safety nets we can get. Some people say Bush 2 was the worst POTUS of the modern era because of Iraq and Afghanistan but you could make a good argument for Bill Clinton.
Butt juice

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Wed Aug 17, 2022 7:50 pm

MV5BMmFiZDNiNjctYmMzNy00NWQyLTg4N2ItZjI5MjFhOTVmNDU5XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjY3NDYzMzA@._V1_UY1200_CR129,0,630,1200_AL_.jpg
MV5BMmFiZDNiNjctYmMzNy00NWQyLTg4N2ItZjI5MjFhOTVmNDU5XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjY3NDYzMzA@._V1_UY1200_CR129,0,630,1200_AL_.jpg (91.32 KiB) Viewed 254 times

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Wed Aug 17, 2022 8:28 pm

"Clinton signed NAFTA, the biggest dagger ever in the back of the working class, killed off Glass Steagall which brought about the crash of 2008, and gutted welfare in a vulture capitalist economy where we need all the safety nets we can get."

Like I said, Clinton was basically a republican, and he accomplished more ostensibly republican goals than pretty much any actual republican that I can recall. Yet the repubs impeached him. Odd...

sardis
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Villanova

Post by sardis » Wed Aug 17, 2022 8:57 pm

hedge wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 11:04 am IIRC, he had a couple of years where we ran a budget surplus. That hadn't happened in awhile and certainly hasn't come close to happening since. FWIW, Gavin Newsome has been running large budget surpluses in California for awhile. You'd think fiscal conservatives would love that, but he's a dem so forget it...
How well the economy is doing has more effect on deficits and surpluses than the rate. California just had record massive deficits just 5 years ago. Since we rely so heavily on the 5% for tax revenue, when they lose money the country loses revenue.

https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-33aa0PCMs7w/ ... venues.jpg

Tree
Senior

Post by Tree » Wed Aug 17, 2022 10:28 pm

hedge wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 8:28 pm "Clinton signed NAFTA, the biggest dagger ever in the back of the working class, killed off Glass Steagall which brought about the crash of 2008, and gutted welfare in a vulture capitalist economy where we need all the safety nets we can get."

Like I said, Clinton was basically a republican, and he accomplished more ostensibly republican goals than pretty much any actual republican that I can recall. Yet the repubs impeached him. Odd...
So if you and I had all the same political views, would you let me have your paycheck? Nevermind. Probably a bad example.
Butt juice

sardis
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Villanova

Post by sardis » Thu Aug 18, 2022 9:11 am

He's a scoundrel, no doubt about that.

https://nypost.com/2022/08/17/trump-end ... n-maloney/

aTm
Muad'Dib
College Hoops Affiliation: Texas A&M
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by aTm » Thu Aug 18, 2022 10:53 am

"Clinton signed NAFTA, the biggest dagger ever in the back of the working class, killed off Glass Steagall which brought about the crash of 2008, and gutted welfare in a vulture capitalist economy where we need all the safety nets we can get."

Politicians don't believe in all of the bullshit that makes up their political party platforms. It's all just to try and divide the votes in the most optimal way. Bill Clinton was a Democrat and he did all the things he did in service of Democrats, which is the most anti-Republican thing possible. If he were in office in 2022 he'd be doing different things in service of the Democrats just like his wife would have if she had been elected in 2016.

What are "Republican goals?" IMO "Republican goals" are just to do and say whatever gets the absolute most possible affiliated politicians elected. Sure, there are true believers and ideologues drawn to each side, but there are no rigid morals. We have a slew of ancient dottering old folks in leadership positions of a Democrat party that is essentially a coalition of rich global elites and the urban poor and working class, but thats not what it was when they started. Rich global elites were Republican and Democrats were more like a coalition of rural and urban working class and poor. They change just to change where they can get the votes from, not because they believe in what they are doing. If a Republican got elected in 2024, and they passed legislation that led to the new ultra-left wing enviro-minority-gay utopia, but one where Republicans won every office and a Democrat could not get elected anymore, then as far as they are concerned that would be mission fucking accomplished. And its the same the other way too, if a Democrat brought about the Democrat dominated fascist, religious zealot patriarchy, that would be peachy for them too, because politicians and political parties have no morals and no soul.
Sure, I could have stayed in the past. I could have even been king. But in my own way, I am king.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Thu Aug 18, 2022 11:36 am

I believe there are a bunch who have souls. They just can't get through the bullshit of those who don't on both sides. The older the more powerful. Get the old fucks out. All of em. Over 68? Bye bye.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Thu Aug 18, 2022 11:58 am

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Thu Aug 18, 2022 11:59 am

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Thu Aug 18, 2022 12:00 pm

Defund the Secret Service!!!

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Thu Aug 18, 2022 12:03 pm

aTm
Muad'Dib
College Hoops Affiliation: Texas A&M
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by aTm » Thu Aug 18, 2022 12:22 pm

Jungle Rat wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 11:36 am I believe there are a bunch who have souls. They just can't get through the bullshit of those who don't on both sides. The older the more powerful. Get the old fucks out. All of em. Over 68? Bye bye.
No. Not at the party level. Like I said there are some who are ideologues or believe things should be a certain way. Those people can't even really be called Republicans or Democrats. Imagine 100 politicians in a 50-50 split. 50 "Democrats" and 50 "Republicans" but there are say 5 true believers that are like anti-abortion, just to pick something that people might feel strongly about. Lets say at the start of this exercise neither party gives a fuck, and of these 5 anti-abortion people, 2 are Democrats and 3 are Republicans at the start. Lets also say that there are 5 others that are strongly pro-choice, and 4 are Democrat and 1 is Republican.

In absence of any other strong feelings among the rest and assuming that voters are similarly distributed, the Republican Party will suddenly just become pro-life and the Democrats will have to become pro-choice, and the Republicans will gain 1 rep because 2 will have to leave the Democrats and 1 will switch away for a net gain of +1 and now Republicans have a 51-49 majority. Republicans now are anti-abortion and Democrats are now pro-choice, but the parties really have no morals, no ethics they just react to the circumstances.

A handful of people in our example may have had values, but they just either stayed where they were or simply switched sides on a whim. The anti-abortion Democrat is no longer a Democrat, now they are Republican because Republicans are anti-abortion. That person was never a a "Democrat" they just were playing on the team most like them and when they didn't anymore, they switched. So the parties are just amorphous blobs that will change to gain power and people that have actual principals just switch to whichever one is the lesser of two evils at a particular time. The majority of politicians (our President is one) just change all of their positions over time to match however the party they are in changes.
Sure, I could have stayed in the past. I could have even been king. But in my own way, I am king.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Thu Aug 18, 2022 1:24 pm

Damn, you're more cynical than I am. I'm pretty cynical myself, but I'd say that most democrats are truly pro-choice in their hearts and minds and that the belief that women should have a right to choose whether or not to have an abortion played a large role in them becoming democrats. And the forming of that belief happened long before they thought about which party they were going to join or even that they were ever going to join a political party...