Moderators: eCat, hedge, Cletus

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Re: Florida State Seminoles

Post by Jungle Rat » Sun Aug 07, 2022 10:16 am

But are any of you really surprised? Really?

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Sun Aug 07, 2022 10:49 am

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Sun Aug 07, 2022 10:52 am

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Sun Aug 07, 2022 11:05 am

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Sun Aug 07, 2022 4:19 pm

20220807_161841.jpg
20220807_161841.jpg (159.16 KiB) Viewed 319 times

Tree
Senior
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!

Post by Tree » Sun Aug 07, 2022 6:50 pm

One problem with mental illness regs for guns is that ex-military gun enthusiasts will be a lot more likely to not get needed mental health treatment for fear of losing their ability to legally own firearms. And you have to imagine a good number of them will simply continue to own illegal firearms anyway. So how do we fix this?
Butt juice

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Sun Aug 07, 2022 8:03 pm

Kill em

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Sun Aug 07, 2022 11:55 pm

No edit

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Sun Aug 07, 2022 11:56 pm

20220807_235601.jpg
20220807_235601.jpg (76.1 KiB) Viewed 305 times

sardis
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Villanova
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Post by sardis » Mon Aug 08, 2022 8:08 am

This the life the lefties want.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Mon Aug 08, 2022 8:37 am

We also want dog on every menu.

eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky

Post by eCat » Mon Aug 08, 2022 8:56 am

everyone says they are a sanctuary city until they are put to the test
then they want a bailout

New York city mayor Eric Adams has asked for assistance from the federal government as buses carrying migrants sent by Texas governor Greg Abbott arrived in the city.

In a tweet on Sunday, Mr Adams said the Texas governor “used innocent people as political pawns to manufacture a crisis”.

“New Yorkers are stepping up to fix it — that’s our city’s values,” he said. “But we need the federal government’s help — money, technical assistance and more.”

In April, Mr Abbott started the Lone Star Operation by sending buses with undocumented migrants arriving in Texas on the southern border to Washington DC.

The governor has said that his efforts, which were widely slammed by critics as a “political stunt”, would help relieve border communities who find themselves “overwhelmed by record-high numbers of illegal crossings while bringing the border crisis to President Biden’s doorstep”.

-----------------------

Governor Abbott pointed out the hypocrisy of the New York City and Washington, D.C. mayors, who were unconcerned about the influx of illegal immigrants when it only affected southern border states like Texas. With buses of migrants arriving in her city, D.C. Mayor Bowser last week requested assistance from the National Guard in managing newly arrived migrants into her city.

“As soon as they have to deal with the real consequences of the crisis, they are up in arms calling for the National Guard when they are only dealing with a faction of what we have to deal with every single day,” Governor Abbott said. “We’re going to keep sending those buses up there until they fully understand, and most importantly, until the Biden Administration does its job to enforce the laws concerning the border."
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Mon Aug 08, 2022 9:43 am

I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Mon Aug 08, 2022 10:55 am

How quickly they eat their own now. As predicted.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Mon Aug 08, 2022 10:58 am

Texas only has a few more months of Abbott anyway.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Mon Aug 08, 2022 11:01 am

Most likely what Lizs Dad was talking about. BAHAHAHA! Cheney started wars outside of the US. "HUUUUGEE" difference.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Mon Aug 08, 2022 2:11 pm

Does Merrick Garland want to wind up like Robert S. Mueller III?

In 2019, when Mueller concluded that his special-counsel investigation into allegations of Trump-Russia “collusion” during the 2016 presidential campaign did not establish that “the Trump Campaign conspired or coordinated with the Russian government in its election interference activities,” Democrats and other opponents of then-President Donald Trump united in outrage. A couple of months later, after Mueller testified before Congress, his shaky performance further deflated those who saw in Mueller an avenging angel.

In a Post column poignantly headlined “Robert Mueller failed to do his duty,” Ron Klain, now President Biden’s chief of staff, summed up the disappointment of many on the left. “The oft-repeated wisdom that Mueller ‘knew things we did not know’ turned out to be vastly overestimated,” Klain wrote, adding that “if expectations were too high for Mueller’s report, the inevitable disappointment was exacerbated by how Mueller fell short in what he delivered.”

Attorney General Garland should imagine Klain’s words above with his own name swapped for Mueller’s. Before completely succumbing to calls to put Trump in the crosshairs of a Justice Department probe for his role in the Jan. 6, 2021, riot at the U.S. Capitol, Garland might remind himself of the enmity aimed at Mueller when the lack of substantive evidence poured cold water on two years of speculation and media hype.

After the televised select committee hearings, numerous prosecutions of individual rioters and 1½ years of exhaustive media reporting on the Jan. 6 breach of the Capitol, it should be clear to all that such a probe would be nothing but a political exercise designed to assuage Trump’s haters. What was apparent on Jan. 6, 2021, remains apparent today: Trump’s behavior after his defeat was often reprehensible. But the argument that it was criminal remains weak.

But Garland is only human, and he might well succumb to pressure to investigate and ultimately prosecute Trump, using the committee’s slick repackaging of events as his road map. It’s a fool’s errand. The committee’s fatal flaw was in not presenting an alternative view of events to counterbalance its one-sided narrative. As a result, Americans who followed the hearings and perhaps focused for the first time on the details of the riot were led to believe the case against Trump is ironclad. By contrast, a judge or jury presented with Trump’s defense would be considering mounds of additional evidence glossed over by the committee.

Chief among that evidence is one word — “peacefully” — that the committee would have been wise to acknowledge. Instead, despite playing multiple clips from Trump’s Jan. 6 address on the Ellipse, it repeatedly omitted Trump saying the following: “I know that everyone here will soon be marching over to the Capitol building to peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard.” Presented at a trial, that sentence alone probably acquits Trump.

By refusing to accept defeat in the 2020 election, Trump is morally responsible for two particularly disgraceful moments in American history — the Jan. 6 riot and the image of a new president taking the oath of office while his predecessor boycotts the ceremony. But after state and federal investigations run their course, the inescapable conclusion may well be that while Trump might be morally reprehensible and even shamefully unpatriotic, he is not, in fact, a criminal.

sardis
All-American

Post by sardis » Mon Aug 08, 2022 2:32 pm

I don’t even know what crime they could possibly charge. Yes, he didn’t act when it was happening, but is inaction a crime in this circumstance?

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Mon Aug 08, 2022 2:53 pm

Let's see. A President locking himself in a room for 7 hours while a coup he helped plan was going down? Naw. I don't see a thing either.

That article is nothing but fear. They know it's coming. They know how Garland does his investigations. Even Trump knows he'll eventually be indicted. That's why he's so desperate to announce. He thinks then they can't come after him. Remember. The 6th Committee isn't close to being done.

This is the greatest summer ever!

sardis
All-American

Post by sardis » Mon Aug 08, 2022 6:07 pm

He planned it? Even the liberal MSM ain’t saying that.