hedge
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Re: Ostensibly Hoops

Post by hedge » Sun Jul 17, 2022 11:05 am

Is it OK Boomer or OK Groomer?
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Sun Jul 17, 2022 12:22 pm

In Kentucky it's both.

eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky

Post by eCat » Mon Jul 25, 2022 9:39 am

The Kansas Jayhawks and Bill Self are fresh off a national championship and theoretically, should be reaping the benefits in the recruiting world. However, according to Matt Norlander of CBS Sports, the head coach has been pulled off the road during July’s recruiting live period, with the program’s case against the NCAA being the reasoning.

In addition to Self, assistant coach Kurtis Townsend will be staying at home as well. Two other assistants have been on the road but are not involved with the NCAA investigation.

“Self and Townsend were subject to self-imposed sanctions from Kansas that signal the first cooperative effort by the program as it continues a years-long battle with the NCAA stemming from the FBI investigation into bribery and corruption in college basketball recruiting,” Norlander said in his report. “KU received its Notice of Allegations from the NCAA in September 2019 before issuing a strongly worded response in May 2020. Since then, Kansas and the NCAA have been quiet about the case publicly.”

This past weekend was one of the biggest on the college basketball recruiting calendar, with the Nike EYBL’s Peach Jam taking place in South Carolina. All of the top coaches in the sport were there but Self was noticeably absent. A huge event where the Jayhawks’ headman would have been able to make a few moves.

Kansas does not currently have a commitment from anybody in the 2023 class but has sent out a slew of offers. Self has always been one of the top recruiters in the country and showed by landing a near top 10 class in last year’s cycle. Five-star prospects are continually playing their college basketball in Lawrence.
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Mon Jul 25, 2022 11:08 am

Did Kansas pass UK as the alltime wins leader yet? I'm sure there are no UK fans hoping that Kansas will have to vacate wins...

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Mon Jul 25, 2022 11:10 am

oh yea, they passed us

changed the website to "all time wins" the next day
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

DooKSucks
G. Pompous Ass, II, Esq.
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by DooKSucks » Mon Jul 25, 2022 8:32 pm

Kansas’ historical completion is probably a bit better than the mostly glorified club teams Kentucky feasted upon until the late 70’s and 80’s, but Kansas’ completion was — and is — a far cry from the gauntlet of ACC basketball.
I proudly took AFAM 040 at Carolina.

innocentbystander
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Boston College

Post by innocentbystander » Mon Jul 25, 2022 8:36 pm

DooKSucks wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 8:32 pm Kansas’ historical completion is probably a bit better than the mostly glorified club teams Kentucky feasted upon until the late 70’s and 80’s, but Kansas’ completion was — and is — a far cry from the gauntlet of ACC basketball.
Best thing DS ever said, right here.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to both stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Mon Jul 25, 2022 11:19 pm

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Tue Jul 26, 2022 7:37 am

I hope some of these stud recruits start working out for UK. I can hardly name anybody they've head there in the last 4-5 years, either b/c they weren't that good (which is reflected in their team record over that time), or else (I think I've got this right) they have recruited guys who say they're on the team, Cal says they're on the team, everybody acts like they're on the team, but they never actually play one second on the court and then go pro as soon as UK craps out in the tourny that year (which has been sooner than later of late). Odd way to run a college hoops program, but I'm sure Cal knows what he's doing, otherwise UK wouldn't be paying him $500 million a year...

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Tue Jul 26, 2022 8:21 am

They shoulda got rid of Cal a few years ago if they were serious about winning. He's been a sideshow outside of Lexington for awhile now. I swear he's got something on someone there.

DooKSucks
G. Pompous Ass, II, Esq.

Post by DooKSucks » Tue Jul 26, 2022 1:28 pm

innocentbystander wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 8:36 pm
DooKSucks wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 8:32 pm Kansas’ historical completion is probably a bit better than the mostly glorified club teams Kentucky feasted upon until the late 70’s and 80’s, but Kansas’ completion was — and is — a far cry from the gauntlet of ACC basketball.
Best thing DS ever said, right here.
This is like a Vandy grad bragging about the SEC. Stfu

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Wed Aug 03, 2022 10:31 am

In the past 6 months or so Calipari has fixed alot of what he fucked up with Kentucky

He's gone around again pretending he likes the fans with his summer of "please love me again" tour, very active on social media promoting fan interaction, he gets rid of his lame duck assistant coaches, brings back Antigua and hires Chin and Jai Lucas. Lucas bolts for Duke but no one really puts that on Cal. Recruiting is back on top but he also understands he can't have a revolving door.

2 years ago he was talking shit to the UK fans and acting like he was gods gift to basketball while turning in a Tubby Smith level performance. The 9-16 season and getting bounced by St. Pete's humbled him a bit, and I'm guessing he had a come to Jesus moment with our AD, a person he was too good to interact with prior.

Calipari knew his name was mud in the state and got off his fat ass and did something about it. I'll give him credit for that.

Another hit was he softened the scheduled to where they'd only play crap schools at Rupp, fans quit going and he was begging them to attend. Yesterday he announced a home and home with Gonzaga.

Now if he'd just add Indiana back , things would be much, much better.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Thu Aug 04, 2022 5:25 pm

Colonoscopy tomorrow, prep started a few minutes ago

tomorrow will be the one day of the year I am not full of shit

DooKSucks
G. Pompous Ass, II, Esq.

Post by DooKSucks » Thu Aug 04, 2022 5:26 pm

eCat wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 5:25 pm Colonoscopy tomorrow, prep started a few minutes ago

I shit so much my shit had foam....

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Thu Aug 04, 2022 5:31 pm

I drank that stuff 30 minutes ago, as I am typing this I have a mini volcano forming in my stomach

I put bidet's in the house last year, I'm gonna wear that thing out

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Thu Aug 04, 2022 6:19 pm

eCat wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 5:25 pm Colonoscopy tomorrow, prep started a few minutes ago

They're not that good.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Mon Aug 08, 2022 1:46 pm

Colonoscopy was a bust

they did not give me versed, they gave me propofol which gives you a more sound sleep but they bring you out of it quickly and you are pretty alert.

so I did not get the warm blanket, drunk guy, flirt with the nurse feel I was looking forward to.

Booooooo

my ass has no issues however and I'm good for spicey food for another 5 years.

sardis
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Villanova

Post by sardis » Mon Aug 08, 2022 2:27 pm

I got the notice to schedule mine. I better get the warm blanket. It’s the only redeeming thing out of this.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Wed Aug 10, 2022 10:36 am

This is so wrong...

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Thu Aug 11, 2022 8:05 am

Kentucky with a 52 point win over the Dominican team yesterday