Moderators: eCat, hedge, Cletus

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Re: Florida State Seminoles

Post by Jungle Rat » Tue Jul 19, 2022 1:00 pm

IB. The government doesn't have time to constantly be looking into crackpot theories from you and your ilk. Unfortunately there are a few million of ya little knats.

innocentbystander
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Boston College

Post by innocentbystander » Tue Jul 19, 2022 1:15 pm

aTm wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 12:49 pm All three of the governments involved in your post...Ukraine, Russia, and the United States are corrupt, so I'm not sure why it matters. Yes, you'd have to be a dunce to think that the Ukraine govt is less corrupt than ours, but Russia's is worse than theirs. I dont see it as a factor at all in who to support. "But Ukraine is corrupt!" is a right wing red herring.
I am right wing, very right wing. But it is not my red herring.

I know our government is corrupt and I know what corrupted it (lobbyists on K-street.) I just want to know PRECISELY what is corrupt about Ukraine and if that means we need to stay out. I don't have all the information. And I think we are entitled to it.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to both stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Tue Jul 19, 2022 1:22 pm

The secret service vehemently denies what Cassidy Hutcherson said but ya ask em to prove it and it's, oops? We accidentally purged them. But we're telling the truth!

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Tue Jul 19, 2022 1:23 pm

Now THAT’S a plausible theory IB.

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Tue Jul 19, 2022 1:37 pm

Jungle Rat wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 1:22 pm The secret service vehemently denies what Cassidy Hutcherson said but ya ask em to prove it and it's, oops? We accidentally purged them. But we're telling the truth!
After our government told us that Jeffrey Epstein "committed suicide" in his prison cell but all the prison video cameras weren't working and no video evidence was recorded and the guards who were supposed to be watching him were busted sleeping or ordering motor cycle parts off the internet (but no action could be taken against affirmative action minority hired prison guards because of the union contract) you expect me to believe anything a government tells me about Ukraine or whatnot, especially about how "the 2020 vote" was fair and honest?

We are not hearing ANYTHING and that is the part that pisses me off. it should piss you off you, but go on watching those silly pointless hearings without a judge or cross examination, you like your conformation bias
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to both stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.

hedge
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Post by hedge » Tue Jul 19, 2022 1:48 pm

I hope Ukraine invades Russia. That would be awesome...
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Tue Jul 19, 2022 2:23 pm

hedge wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 1:48 pm I hope Ukraine invades Russia. That would be awesome...
It would be awesome! You sir are correct. Sadly, it is mathematically impossible. Japan would have had an easier time invading California in Jan of 1942 than Ukraine would, invading Russia.

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Tue Jul 19, 2022 2:30 pm

Jungle Rat wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 1:00 pm IB. The government doesn't have time to constantly be looking into crackpot theories from you and your ilk. Unfortunately there are a few million of ya little knats.
You don't get it. I don't have theory. I have nothing. All I know are the facts. The facts are we have
  • one 43 year old Ukrainian born congresswoman
  • on March 1st she cried in congress saying we needed to support Ukraine with all we had, begged for every dollar
  • she visits 6 times
  • now she is like, welllllll, maybe we should not be helping Ukraine?
  • and "anonymous" GOP congressmen are telling her to shut the fuck up
that is what we know. we don't know anything else (no crackpot theories) because they wont tell us anything. and even they did, you wouldn't listen because you are spending your few remaining alcoholic brain cells focused on a pointless hearing

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Tue Jul 19, 2022 2:34 pm

whos-we-sucka.jpg
whos-we-sucka.jpg (48.81 KiB) Viewed 260 times

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Tue Jul 19, 2022 3:08 pm

hey man, if a congress critter is all gung ho one way, and (4 months later) they swap and are gung ho the other way, then I know it is NOT political. And I want to know why and what happened

I guess you don't give a shit.

DooKSucks
G. Pompous Ass, II, Esq.
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by DooKSucks » Tue Jul 19, 2022 3:26 pm

innocentbystander wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 2:23 pm
hedge wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 1:48 pm I hope Ukraine invades Russia. That would be awesome...
It would be awesome! You sir are correct. Sadly, it is mathematically impossible. Japan would have had an easier time invading California in Jan of 1942 than Ukraine would, invading Russia.
Quite the opposite actually. The Japs lacked the capability to carry out an effective amphibious attack against the American mainland whereas Ukraine and Russia share a common land border thus making such an attack easier.
I proudly took AFAM 040 at Carolina.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Tue Jul 19, 2022 4:32 pm

I thought Japan routinely used to kick China's ass back in the day...
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

aTm
Muad'Dib
College Hoops Affiliation: Texas A&M

Post by aTm » Tue Jul 19, 2022 4:55 pm

Officially I think the record between the two might be 1-1
Sure, I could have stayed in the past. I could have even been king. But in my own way, I am king.

sardis
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Villanova

Post by sardis » Tue Jul 19, 2022 5:11 pm

We got our instagram photo. Protest done.

https://nypost.com/2022/07/19/aoc-fakes ... st-arrest/

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Tue Jul 19, 2022 5:20 pm

Perp walk

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Tue Jul 19, 2022 6:23 pm

hedge wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 4:32 pm I thought Japan routinely used to kick China's ass back in the day...
Japan (without any secured ground position) just landed on the beaches (D-Day style) and attacked Manchuria in 1931 (if I remember correctly.) Officially, I think Japan and China were at war in 1937 (and stayed at war another 8 years) but Chinese were dying for 14 full years. Japan basically took the entire East coast of China. And held much of it until the United States started helping the Chinese. That is mostly because the British were of no fucking use.

We all know that Singapore fell because the British general in charge was a fucking idiot. He surrendered his army of some 65,000 (many from India as well as Australia) garrisoned there to Japan's attacking force of 30,000. Japan used bicycles to transport that army through fields of rubber tree plants. They were completely outnumbered and outgunned by His Majesty's army and (well) Japan still took Singapore. That was that. That was after they sunk the HMS Repulse and the HMS Prince of Wales for good measure. Hong Kong fell like nothing.

When the HMS Prince of Wales went down on Dec 8th, the allies had all of 3 functional "capital ships" in the entire of the Pacific Ocean to engage the Japanese, USS Hornet, USS Yorktown, and USS Enterprise. That was it. The surviving battleships were limping (crawling) back to San Francisco to be repaired. That was all we had for a fighter screen to prevent an invasion of California. Without Capital ships, the entire Continent of Australia was in immediate and legitimate, jeopardy.

As far as a West Coast invasion goes, the Japs took the Aleutians but that didn't give them much of anything that they could use. If the Japanese had taken Midway (instead of losing all 4 of their heavy carriers, thank you code breakers) then from that position, they were within legitimate striking distance of California, Oregon, and lower Washington State. I think such an invasion was probably unthinkable for the Japanese UNLESS Hitler had succeeded in ending the entirety of the His Majesty's Royal Navy and they had their eyes set on Washington. A two-prong attack or no attack. But that East Coast Blitz was never going to happen until Sealion happened first. And that never happened.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Tue Jul 19, 2022 7:34 pm

I'm sure hedge thanks you for the lecture. Idiot.

DooKSucks
G. Pompous Ass, II, Esq.

Post by DooKSucks » Tue Jul 19, 2022 8:31 pm

innocentbystander wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 6:23 pm
hedge wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 4:32 pm I thought Japan routinely used to kick China's ass back in the day...
Japan (without any secured ground position) just landed on the beaches (D-Day style) and attacked Manchuria in 1931 (if I remember correctly.) Officially, I think Japan and China were at war in 1937 (and stayed at war another 8 years) but Chinese were dying for 14 full years. Japan basically took the entire East coast of China. And held much of it until the United States started helping the Chinese. That is mostly because the British were of no fucking use.

We all know that Singapore fell because the British general in charge was a fucking idiot. He surrendered his army of some 65,000 (many from India as well as Australia) garrisoned there to Japan's attacking force of 30,000. Japan used bicycles to transport that army through fields of rubber tree plants. They were completely outnumbered and outgunned by His Majesty's army and (well) Japan still took Singapore. That was that. That was after they sunk the HMS Repulse and the HMS Prince of Wales for good measure. Hong Kong fell like nothing.

When the HMS Prince of Wales went down on Dec 8th, the allies had all of 3 functional "capital ships" in the entire of the Pacific Ocean to engage the Japanese, USS Hornet, USS Yorktown, and USS Enterprise. That was it. The surviving battleships were limping (crawling) back to San Francisco to be repaired. That was all we had for a fighter screen to prevent an invasion of California. Without Capital ships, the entire Continent of Australia was in immediate and legitimate, jeopardy.

As far as a West Coast invasion goes, the Japs took the Aleutians but that didn't give them much of anything that they could use. If the Japanese had taken Midway (instead of losing all 4 of their heavy carriers, thank you code breakers) then from that position, they were within legitimate striking distance of California, Oregon, and lower Washington State. I think such an invasion was probably unthinkable for the Japanese UNLESS Hitler had succeeded in ending the entirety of the His Majesty's Royal Navy and they had their eyes set on Washington. A two-prong attack or no attack. But that East Coast Blitz was never going to happen until Sealion happened first. And that never happened.
If anyone cares to take a wild guess as to whether or not this dufus is missing important facts or has something wrong, let me save you the time: he is indeed missing important facts.
I proudly took AFAM 040 at Carolina.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Tue Jul 19, 2022 8:32 pm

This should keep IB busy for awhile

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Tue Jul 19, 2022 11:19 pm

DooKSucks wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 8:31 pm
innocentbystander wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 6:23 pm

If anyone cares to take a wild guess as to whether or not this dufus is missing important facts or has something wrong, let me save you the time: he is indeed missing important facts.
Ha. Go fuck yourself DS. We both know you learned MORE about the Pacific theater in my post than you would in any class on WWII at any university. You'll note, you did not offer any of these "missing important facts" because we both know, anything you mention I will know MORE about it, than you will.