hedge
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Re: La Salle Explorers

Post by hedge » Mon Jun 27, 2022 12:32 pm

My dogma got run over by my karma...
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

BigRedMan
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Indiana
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by BigRedMan » Wed Jun 29, 2022 1:10 pm

I wish you would get run over......
Sure, I've been called a xenophobe, but the truth is, I'm not. I honestly just feel that America is the best country and the other countries aren't as good. That used to be called patriotism.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Wed Jun 29, 2022 1:13 pm

HIDE THE MEAT!!

BigRedMan
Senior

Post by BigRedMan » Wed Jun 29, 2022 1:14 pm

I know this one as well - "Things Rat said in Montgomery County Jail"
Sure, I've been called a xenophobe, but the truth is, I'm not. I honestly just feel that America is the best country and the other countries aren't as good. That used to be called patriotism.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Wed Jun 29, 2022 1:16 pm

🤣🤣🤣🤣

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Wed Jun 29, 2022 1:17 pm

Welcome back Jackass

BigRedMan
Senior

Post by BigRedMan » Wed Jun 29, 2022 1:18 pm

Thanks. Love you all as well. Damn job and family life will do that you.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Wed Jun 29, 2022 1:22 pm

It's better that way.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Tue Jul 05, 2022 8:29 am

eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky

Post by eCat » Tue Jul 05, 2022 1:00 pm

I"m reading about these communities in Arizona, Utah and Nevada that are under severe water restrictions.

Up until this year most residents who didn't belong to a water district were either using wells or having water brought in. Now that has changed, shallow wells are dry and communities that allowed water purchases have stopped, such as in Scottsdale. Its possible that residents of these areas will be forced to pay exorbitant rates to have water trucked in, suggesting it could be 10x the amounts they are paying now. Worse people are still trying to move into these communities with the belief that they (whoever they are) are not going to let people living in $600K homes go without access to water.

I don't understand the mentality of living where water is scarce. I lived in Austin for a year, they limited water , like washing cars and sprinklers to certain days of the week tied to your zip code and I thought that was like living in communist Russia. I had the option to stay in Austin, which by all accounts (except 1) is a great place to live and chose to come back to Ohio (which by most accounts is a shit place to live) because there was no fucking way I was going to willingly live in a place that rationed water consumption - and that was nothing compared to what these people in the southwest are facing. I was looking at some lake front property in Owen county 2 years ago. Beautiful site, with about 75 feet of shore line that v'd out into 2.5 acres of land - but the catch was Owen county was telling people they had no intention of upgrading their water lines so everyone out there either had to have water trucked in or get a well. I contacted a well digger and he told me that the better option was trying to capture water and when necessary have it trucked in. That meant a 2500 gallon water tank buried in the ground with a pumping system, etc., .I asked why not just pump it up from the lake and he laughed telling me there is no way he'd drink lake water even with a home filtration system. So I passed on my lakefront property that I really, really wanted.

I watched John Oliver's show doing a story on water. They talked about a pipeline going from the Mississippi to Lake Powell as an absurd solution that someone suggested due to the length and challenges of elevation. Given the severity of the water crisis, I don't think that solution is all that crazy.

California is responsible for 1/3 of all fruits and vegetables we consume and about 80% of nuts.

I've said for years that water and agriculture should be considered national security issues. It would seem to me now is the time to start getting in that mindset.
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

DooKSucks
G. Pompous Ass, II, Esq.

Post by DooKSucks » Tue Jul 05, 2022 2:49 pm

Many nuts require an ungodly amount of water to grow, and the nut industry is one of the big drivers behind California's water problems, even more so than other ag industries.
I proudly took AFAM 040 at Carolina.

innocentbystander
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Boston College

Post by innocentbystander » Tue Jul 05, 2022 3:04 pm

eCat wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 1:00 pm I don't understand the mentality of living where water is scarce.
I live in Arizona. Let me try and explain the mentality.

The main reason they live in Arizona is climate (its nice from Oct 1 to May 15th) and cost. Its vastly cheaper than living on the East Coast. And its not humid like Florida. They come here to NOT pay property taxes. But yes, water scarcity is a problem. More and more, landscaping in Arizona is rocks/gravel, cactus, and desert flowers. Its things that consume little to no water. Grass is becoming something very rare (or better yet) put in artificial grass.

They live in Utah because of religion. The LDS feel safe there. They don't feel persecuted. They don't feel marginalized or stigmatized in Utah the way they are in pretty much every other state. Although Nevada, Idaho, and Arizona are very much LDS now. Living in these states, the LDS do not feel like they have to explain themselves all the time like a Scientologist does.

They live Nevada because there are no property taxes. Gaming taxes pretty much pay for everything. Property taxes are cheap. And like Utah and Arizona, the climate is excellent for most of the year.

Yeah it doesn't make much sense to live where water is scarce. But $$$$$ (or lack thereof) is a big motivator as is being "left alone" in the case of the LDS.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to both stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.

eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky

Post by eCat » Tue Jul 05, 2022 3:39 pm

DooKSucks wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 2:49 pm Many nuts require an ungodly amount of water to grow, and the nut industry is one of the big drivers behind California's water problems, even more so than other ag industries.
yea I'd read that but still

I don't like the idea we can't supply food to ourselves
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Tue Jul 05, 2022 3:50 pm

eCat,

This is what Senator/Governor Romney said just today

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archi ... on/661468/
Romney wrote:Even as we watch the reservoirs and lakes of the West go dry, we keep watering our lawns, soaking our golf courses, and growing water-thirsty crops.

As inflation mounts and the national debt balloons, progressive politicians vote for ever more spending.

As the ice caps melt and record temperatures make the evening news, we figure that buying a Prius and recycling the boxes from our daily Amazon deliveries will suffice.

When TV news outlets broadcast video after video of people illegally crossing the nation’s southern border, many of us change the channel.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to both stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Tue Jul 05, 2022 6:24 pm

Did you guys know IB lives in Arizona? 1st I heard of it.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Tue Jul 05, 2022 7:24 pm

"Many nuts require an ungodly amount of water to grow"

Tree
Senior

Post by Tree » Thu Jul 21, 2022 11:58 pm

Butt juice

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Thu Jul 28, 2022 4:52 pm

I'm going to Costa Rica tomorrow, bitches. See ya!!

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Thu Jul 28, 2022 5:44 pm

Tree wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 11:58 pm
Sailing on the Carnival Panorama on August 13th. Hopefully we wont sink.

If the ship does sink (and you never hear from me again) you will know what happened.

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Thu Jul 28, 2022 5:45 pm

hedge wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 4:52 pm I'm going to Costa Rica tomorrow, bitches. See ya!!
Have a great time hedge. Stay safe. Come back alive.