Moderators: eCat, hedge, Cletus

Dave23
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Memphis
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Re: Florida State Seminoles

Post by Dave23 » Tue Jun 14, 2022 8:14 am

It’s a solid A.
The older I get the more I pretty much hate every cocksucker that is making decisions in this world and all of the idiots that root for political parties like sports teams. — aTm

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Tue Jun 14, 2022 8:54 am

But..but...CALIFORNIA!!

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Tue Jun 14, 2022 8:58 am

I think it says it all that IB of all people who is a TV trial/hearings addict and a Trump lover has been amazingly quiet on the Trump hearings. Unlike e who would rather distract us with California and the size of tortilla shells today, IB just sits back and accepts he was so wrong about Trump. Probably downright embarrassed. Unlike e, the Goat Pens own Rudy. G.

aTm
Muad'Dib
College Hoops Affiliation: Texas A&M
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by aTm » Tue Jun 14, 2022 10:35 am

hedge wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 5:12 am You'd think people would be fleeing California by the millions if that article eCat posted was even remotely true, and yet it's the most populace state in the country, by a pretty big margin. Crazy how so many people choose to live in complete and utter squalor and anarchy in a state with (if we are to believe the screed eCat posted) absolutely no redeeming qualities, jobs, housing, laws, or opportunities whatsoever. I can't believe the guy didn't mention feral pigs roaming the streets...
People are leaving California by the millions (also moving to California by fewer millions than ever before). Net domestic migration in the past decade was 1.625 million people leaving. Roughly 8 million people left California, replaced by only roughly 6 million people moving to California. California lost a House district for the first time ever in the 2020 census. The overall population of California continues to grow slowly since those declines are offset by international migration and natural births/increase.
Sure, I could have stayed in the past. I could have even been king. But in my own way, I am king.

innocentbystander
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Boston College

Post by innocentbystander » Tue Jun 14, 2022 12:36 pm

eCat wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 1:13 am We hear plenty of reasons for the perfect storm that imploded California. One-party, progressive government, of course. Decades of unchecked illegal immigration, without doubt. Years of mass flight out of state of the productive middle classes, certainly.

But perhaps the most important, but overlooked, reason has been the infusion of trillions of dollars of mostly tech capital into the state. Unimaginable sums of market capital warped politics and led to a top-down, feudal society, run by progressive elites who are shielded from the ramifications of their own toxic ideologies.

More specifically, the common denominator was the emergence in California of a selfish, monied, left-wing political class. In concrete terms, it cared little for others but masked that unconcern with abstract leftism, emulating medieval penance and indulgences to assuage guilt over its enjoyment of sheltered and very good lives. .........

If it were a question of drilling more oil while transitioning to clean power or shrugging that nobody José Martinez in Sanger would pay $6.50 a gallon to commute to work, it was a no brainer: Mr. Martinez was simply out of sight, out of mind collateral damage.

So too all of California’s poor and lower middle classes who could not afford to flee and now cannot afford shelter, food, fuel, and safety, due to decades of policies that zoned away new home construction, strangled the gas, timber, and mining industries, taxed and regulated gas and diesel to the point of unaffordability, neglected the needs of the state’s once rich farming industry, and loved fish far more than people. Apparently, these well-educated and self-declared Socrateses believed that Californians could drink Facebook, eat Google, drive Twitter, and live on Snapchat.

The far-left Atlantic’s various contributors for years have been cheerleading most of the policies adopted by the Bay Area elite—defunding the police, decriminalizing an array of crimes, appeasing homelessness, ignoring dangerous drug use and dealing, and urging more redistributive taxation and entitlement.

But now Atlantic essayist Nellie Bowles warns us that San Francisco is a “failed city.” And she is correct in that the city is increasingly medieval. Its downtown is emptying, filthy, toxic, dangerous, and pre-civilizational—perhaps an unfair term since it was rare in pre-Roman Gaul or nomadic North Africa for tribal residents to sleep in the village pathways, fornicate and defecate openly among children, and violently attack random passersby.........

Over one-fifth of the state lives below the poverty rate. Urban geographer Joel Kotkin recently noted that African Americans and Latinos in California suffer among the lowest real incomes in the nation, 48th and 50th respectively. How could that be true in the land of Mark Zuckerberg, Nancy Pelosi, and Jerry Brown?

One-third of Americans on public assistance live in California. To drive through the rural center of the state is to revisit the 1930s world of the Joads. Ramshackle farmhouses now house 20 or some immigrants. Many of them reside here illegally, in trailers, shacks, and illegal add-ons. A state famous for regulating the life out of the middle classes simply ignores systemic flagrant violations of sewage, water, power, and building codes, in the manner of the exemptions given the homeless: out of sight, out of mind.

California’s mid-size cities nudge out other blue-state metropolises to rank among the nation’s leaders in property crimes. The nation’s highest gas taxes, income taxes, and near highest sales taxes either do not mitigate the above pathologies or perhaps help fuel them.

If our liberal political elites lived in crime-ridden Stockton, San Bernardino, or Modesto, had two children in the Los Angeles City public schools, commuted daily on the 99 from Delano to Visalia, flew weekly commercial out of LAX, tried to buy a California home on their salaries as public officials, rode BART to Oakland each evening home, or depended on a business supplying the state with lumber, gas or oil, food, transportation, or construction—the stuff of life—then they might fathom how assuaging their left-wing guilt in the abstract destroyed the lives of those they never see and never wish to see.
When you have nothing, no savings, no assets, limited cognitive ability, and you live welfare-check-to-welfare-check, your US citizenship IS your wealth. You are poor. Your US citizenship is all you have that makes you special in the world. And you LOATHE that your government has any willingness to let in every single hardcase in the world. Why? They come here to live near you, to take government benefits that were yours (and yours ALONE) and (sometimes) to rob, rape, and murder you. When the illegals get drunk and drive their 20 year old beaters down the street, its your kids who might get killed, not the kids of people in the gated community.

When you have a little something, say under $100,000 in assets, not destitute, just working class, this is doubly the case. You want to move out of the poor areas but you can't. No matter how much you scrimp and save, that inflation just eats everything away. And those gas prices? Ha. Forget. You will never get ahead. This US government is doing nothing for you. And the illegals that live near you, all they do is compete with you and drive down your earning power.

When you have just a little bit more, say under $500,000 in assets, ok you are lower middle class. You are actually part of the American Dream (if only at the entry level.) Your citizenship is NOT all that you have. Still, this inflation, these gas prices, this government is not helping you. Not one bit. You try to be a little bit sympathetic about the illegals but its hard. Your kids have to pull an extra 200 points on the SATs to get into the same schools their kids can enter. That would bother anyone. And this government (that you may have voted for because you can't stand Trump) you are really starting to regret it. Not just because of the illegals, but all those H1Bs (here legally) are competing with you in the office, driving down YOUR salary!

Under $5,000,000 in assets, most likely you are an attorney, a medical doctor, self-employed with a very successful small business, you inherited it, OR (most likely) you have 30+ years of hard work and savings. You may not be the 1% but you do have the American Dream and you very well might travel a bit. But you understand government policy. You understand inflation. You understand immigration policy. And you understand why these gas prices are so killer to other US citizens. Yes, the price at the pump is not affecting your lifestyle (probably not) but you DO have friends and family members where the price is killing them. And you are sensitive to that fact. Yes, you do not live anywhere near illegal aliens (and maybe your pool cleaner, your house cleaner, and that whore you fucked last week are all illegals) but they don't really hurt your lifestyle. So you are (for the most part) okay with them living here. And you like the H1Bs because you would rather pay $50/hour to an Indian to write the code for your website than a really high IQ but under achieving US citizen that would charge you $200/hour. Basically, you are cheap and selfish. But, fuck 'em.

The 0.0001%. You are a US citizen that is one in a million. You have over a billion dollars in assets. Your US citizenship probably means nothing to you. You are a citizen of the world! You live in the world, not Palo Alto, Manhattan, or Miami. Those are just 3 pieces of real estate that you have. Half the people that work for you are from other countries and the only reason why you hired these 3rd world super brains was because you could! I mean for fucks sake, you have spent millions and millions lobbying congress critters with your K-street Lobbyist group to make sure they crank the H1Bs as much as possible, you need the labor. They hell with the US citizen and what they want, you have a multi billion dollar, multi national tech company to own and run. And you aren't the least bit interested in listening to the trials tribulations of your fellow US citizens. fuck 'em, they are not making you rich. Punjab for Mumbai is making you rich.

I get it.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to both stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Tue Jun 14, 2022 12:50 pm

Yep. Weird

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Tue Jun 14, 2022 1:14 pm

Jungle Rat wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 12:50 pmYep. Weird
That post was not meant for you. If it was, I would have mentioned your name in it the way you always mention mine. You don't have the intellectual capacity to fully understand my last post. All you can say, is "Weird."

I feel very fortunate, very lucky that God has blessed me with the intelligence that He has not given you. I praise Him every day for all my blessings. Do you know what it means to praise God? You dumb fuck?

Why don't you go have another drink. Just stay off the road and don't kill a kid.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to both stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Tue Jun 14, 2022 1:23 pm

Damn Mexicans

hedge
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!

Post by hedge » Tue Jun 14, 2022 2:26 pm

So California has lost 1.6 million in population over the past decade, or about 160K per year. I would guess this is the first ten year period in a long time, maybe ever, that Cali actually lost population. At any rate, 160K per year would only be less than a half a percent of their total population, but when I checked this website, it appears that California actually gained population in all of the past 5 years (and all the years before that) except for last year. Why did you lie, aTm? Irregardless, if things were as bad in California as that hysterical screed eCat posted suggests, you'd think that people would literally be fleeing by the literal millions every year. But they're not...

https://www.macrotrends.net/states/cali ... rom%202017.
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Tue Jun 14, 2022 2:29 pm

"Do you know what it means to praise God? You dumb fuck?"

Odd juxtaposition of questions there...

aTm
Muad'Dib
College Hoops Affiliation: Texas A&M
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by aTm » Tue Jun 14, 2022 2:45 pm

hedge wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 2:26 pm So California has lost 1.6 million in population over the past decade, or about 160K per year. I would guess this is the first ten year period in a long time, maybe ever, that Cali actually lost population. At any rate, 160K per year would only be less than a half a percent of their total population, but when I checked this website, it appears that California actually gained population in all of the past 5 years (and all the years before that) except for last year. Why did you lie, aTm? Irregardless, if things were as bad in California as that hysterical screed eCat posted suggests, you'd think that people would literally be fleeing by the literal millions every year. But they're not...

It still goes up because more people are born there than die there and people enter from outside the country to make up the difference, numbskull, just like I said
Sure, I could have stayed in the past. I could have even been king. But in my own way, I am king.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Tue Jun 14, 2022 2:50 pm

"From 2010 to 2020, California’s population grew by 5.8% (or 2.4 million), according to decennial census counts. This was slower than the rate of growth in the rest of the nation (6.8%), leading to the loss of a seat in the US House of Representatives for the first time in California’s history."

https://www.ppic.org/publication/califo ... opulation/

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Tue Jun 14, 2022 2:53 pm

I wonder why these people aren't fleeing by the millions, running hysterically across Death Valley to escape the hell that California has become?

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Tue Jun 14, 2022 2:54 pm

hedge wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 2:26 pm So California has lost 1.6 million in population over the past decade, or about 160K per year. I would guess this is the first ten year period in a long time, maybe ever, that Cali actually lost population. At any rate, 160K per year would only be less than a half a percent of their total population, but when I checked this website, it appears that California actually gained population in all of the past 5 years (and all the years before that) except for last year. Why did you lie, aTm? Irregardless, if things were as bad in California as that hysterical screed eCat posted suggests, you'd think that people would literally be fleeing by the literal millions every year. But they're not...

I'm surprised considering they had a pretty strict covid quarantine system. I can see many leaving for a year or stuck somewhere.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Tue Jun 14, 2022 2:55 pm

What did you mean by "international migration"? Illegal aliens?

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Tue Jun 14, 2022 3:27 pm

hedge wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 2:53 pm I wonder why these people aren't fleeing by the millions, running hysterically across Death Valley to escape the hell that California has become?
hedge,

aTm already understands this, so this post is for you. The only thing that matters is the "U-Haul Index." So what is that?

https://www.uhaul.com/Articles/About/20 ... wth-22746/
U-Haul customers made Texas and Florida their top two destinations from 2016-19. Texas had the largest net gain of one-way U-Haul trucks for three consecutive years before Florida flipped the order and became No. 1 last year. Texas is second for growth, and Florida third, for 2020.

Ohio, Arizona, Colorado, Missouri, Nevada, North Carolina and Georgia round out the top 10 states for 2020 growth as self-movers continue to migrate to the Southeast, as well as markets in the Southwest, Midwest and Rocky Mountain regions.

California ranks last by a wide margin, supplanting Illinois as the state with the greatest net loss of U-Haul trucks. California has ranked 48th or lower since 2016. Illinois has been 49th or 50th since 2015, when U-Haul began ranking states based on annual net gain.
That is it. Cut, and dried. Math is math. California needs U-Hauls because so many of them have abandoned the state for one-way deliveries. You want to move TO California? The U-Haul Index says you may not even have to pay for the truck. You are doing the company a favor by relocating a truck there for them.

sardis
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Villanova

Post by sardis » Tue Jun 14, 2022 3:35 pm

I'm not going to jump on the "California is imploding" bandwagon. It has 39M people. Losing one million over a decade is not much except a couple of house seats. It's a wierd state, economically, because it it is a boom or bust all depending on the tech industry. It's government is enjoying billion dollar surpluses because of tech's success in 2021. It probably be billions in deficits next year this time. Pacific ocean and weather draws people and its trade position with Asia will always keep it relevant.

To me, I don't understand why anyone would move to CA, TX, or FL. Getting too crowded and their infrastructures can't support the populations. All will probably have electric grid disruptions this summer and it's too damn hot.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Tue Jun 14, 2022 3:38 pm

Yep

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Tue Jun 14, 2022 3:59 pm

1655236744174.jpg
1655236744174.jpg (78.26 KiB) Viewed 302 times

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Tue Jun 14, 2022 4:48 pm

sardis wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 3:35 pm I'm not going to jump on the "California is imploding" bandwagon. It has 39M people. Losing one million over a decade is not much except a couple of house seats. It's a wierd state, economically, because it it is a boom or bust all depending on the tech industry. It's government is enjoying billion dollar surpluses because of tech's success in 2021. It probably be billions in deficits next year this time. Pacific ocean and weather draws people and its trade position with Asia will always keep it relevant.

To me, I don't understand why anyone would move to CA, TX, or FL. Getting too crowded and their infrastructures can't support the populations. All will probably have electric grid disruptions this summer and it's too damn hot.
Sardis,

You are correct. California is not imploding. Its drunk on technology. They have the same housing shortage in the state of California that we everywhere. But that is only because we have all these blue pill, techie, simps, who don't even know what gender they are, making low six figures doing entry level development, buying up all the homes that were abandoned by families moving to Arizona, Nevada, and Texas, and living in these homes by themselves. I'm guessing California has the highest rate of childless-bachelor household formation in the country.

But California IS losing congressional electoral representation. That is for the first time ever in the entire history of the United States, I might add.