Moderators: eCat, hedge, Cletus

hedge
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Re: Florida State Seminoles

Post by hedge » Fri Jun 10, 2022 9:03 am

Ford, VW and Honda are among a group of vehicle makers siding with the Biden administration in its attempt to overturn the Trump administration’s withdrawal of the State of California’s ability to set its own emission standards. California’s standards were tougher than the federal CAFÉ standard – which was partially relaxed under President Trump.

Ford has filed a motion to intervene on the side of the US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) against a challenge to California’s ability to set its own vehicle emissions standards.

The issue has been somewhat divisive for the auto industry in North America as it generally favours the principle of having one federal standard rather than multiple standards which can complicate and potentially add to company costs.

Looked at in another way, advancing electrification globally means that some automakers favour going further and faster with lower emissions standards in the US.

https://www.just-auto.com/news/automake ... standards/
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Fri Jun 10, 2022 9:07 am

Trump was more interested in increasing water pressure in showers and eliminating low flow toilets. I'm so glad this moron is gone...

Trump claims Americans have to flush the toilet ‘10 times, 15 times, as opposed to once’

President Donald Trump on Friday had a lot to say about toilets, sinks and showers.

The President claimed Americans are flushing their toilets “10 times, 15 times, as opposed to once” and argued that they are having difficulty with washing their hands in what appeared to be a tangent about low-flow sinks and toilets.

“We have a situation where we’re looking very strongly at sinks and showers and other elements of bathrooms where you turn the faucet on – and in areas where there’s tremendous amounts of water, where the water rushes out to sea because you could never handle it, and you don’t get any water,” the President said during a roundtable with small business leaders about deregulatory actions.

“You turn on the faucet and you don’t get any water. They take a shower and water comes dripping out. Just dripping out, very quietly dripping out,” the President continued, lowering his voice as he spoke about the drips. “People are flushing toilets 10 times, 15 times, as opposed to once.”

It wasn’t entirely clear what he was talking about but it appeared to have to do with bathroom fixtures with low-flow appliances. He said the Environmental Protection Agency was looking into the issue on his suggestion.

“They end up using more water. So (the) EPA is looking at that very strongly at my suggestion,” Trump said, though he did not give details on what suggestions, if any, he made. Video of the President’s comments has been viewed more than a million times online.

Trump, speaking in the Roosevelt Room of the White House amid an impeachment inquiry, then turned his attention to Americans attempting to wash their hands.

“You go into a new building or a new house or a new home and they have standards only you don’t get water. You can’t wash your hands practically, there’s so little water comes out of the faucet. And the end result is you leave the faucet on and it takes you much longer to wash your hands,” Trump said.

He went on: “There may be some areas where we’ll go the other route – desert areas – but for the most part you have many states where they have so much water – it comes down, it’s called rain. They don’t know what to do with it,” to laughs from around the table. “So we’re going to be looking at opening up that I believe. And we’re looking at changing the standards very soon.”

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Fri Jun 10, 2022 9:42 am

BAHAHAHA! Now I understand why e loves him so much. Way out in left field. He ain't coming back. Ever. Which is probably the point of all this.

sardis
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Villanova

Post by sardis » Fri Jun 10, 2022 10:52 am

INFLATION RISES 8.6%: HIGHEST SINCE 1981...

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/06/10/consume ... -2022.html

CONSUMER SENTIMENT RECORD LOW...

https://www.bnnbloomberg.ca/us-consumer ... -1.1777141

STOCKS SPIRAL... DEVELOPING...

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/06/09/stock-m ... close.html

$95 TO FILL UP FAMILY CAR...

https://abcnews.go.com/Business/gas-pri ... d=85258013

NO CEILING IN SIGHT!

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/gasoline ... 01139.html

Household wealth declines...

https://www.businessinsider.com/america ... ins-2022-6

The Dems and Liz Cheney are taking their last gasp with these hearings because they know that they have nothing except bashing a past President and hoping people think they are saviors of democracy. They don't realize that as bad as Trump is, people would rather have him than the current vegetable in office. That's the reality.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Fri Jun 10, 2022 11:19 am

Inflation. Heh. Bidens fault. Heh.
1654830282848.jpg
1654830282848.jpg (199.05 KiB) Viewed 247 times

sardis
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Villanova

Post by sardis » Fri Jun 10, 2022 11:36 am

Those are Global companies (non-US) and the world was in lockdown 1st quarter 2021. Their revenues were also half. You would need to compare pre-covid quarters to current quarter to be relevant in determining if oil companies are jacking it up.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Fri Jun 10, 2022 11:51 am

Uh huh. Weird though how you point to gas prices back then to blame Biden today. Oh man, it was 2.35 back in March of 21. Bidens fault!

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Fri Jun 10, 2022 11:53 am

::: inserts picture of mass graves in NY here :::

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Fri Jun 10, 2022 12:00 pm

Global Companies? Global Inflation? Bidens fault.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Fri Jun 10, 2022 1:07 pm

eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky

Post by eCat » Fri Jun 10, 2022 3:04 pm

of all people....

I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

aTm
Muad'Dib
College Hoops Affiliation: Texas A&M
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by aTm » Fri Jun 10, 2022 3:57 pm

Democrats and Republicans together created all of the mess that the country is currently in. World events have played a big part, but both both sides saw the cliff and decided to drive over it together like Thelma and Louise. The problem with Biden is not that gas prices are rising, or inflation, or whatever other problems that keep springing up on him and his administration. The problem is that he and his administration are woefully inept and incompetent. Everything he touches turns to shit. He's like the anti-Forrest Gump. Instead of everything he touches turning to gold, he just keeps fucking up everything he touches and still manages to keep falling upward.

Everything turns into a fucking fiasco, we run screaming out of Afghanistan with people clinging to our airplanes, our soldiers get bombed, so we blow the fuck out of some other random guy and claim victory, and its one long line after another. His administration has no solution or even way to mitigate anything except to scream "It's not my fault!" like Han or Lando trying to get the Millennium Falcon to work. He has no clue how to juggle the radical and centrist elements of his party and get them to agree on anything. He's a real "statesman," a former leader in the Senate that now can't get anybody in the Senate to do a goddamned thing. The only saving grace, is that a government that does nothing through gridlock, is at least one that his administration is not fucking up for years to come because they don't know anything about anything, apparently.
Sure, I could have stayed in the past. I could have even been king. But in my own way, I am king.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Fri Jun 10, 2022 4:43 pm

That's such a crock of shit. What has he touched thats turned to shit. Afghanistan is bullshit. For Gods sake Trump signed a deal with the Taliban. The Taliban! Without the Afgan government. Imagine that. The Afghanistan government collapsed after we withdrew per Trumps terms, to the Taliban. Cmon guys.

eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky

Post by eCat » Fri Jun 10, 2022 4:45 pm

was the deal Trump signed to leave thousands of weapons behind for them?

if so, Biden stuck the landing on that one

and the argument from you is Biden, the most powerful man in the world, was held hostage by Trumps agreement with the Taliban?

He was powerless to stop it
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Fri Jun 10, 2022 5:18 pm

No. He stood by an agreement made by an American President. That's what you do. Even if it was a ridiculous agreement. Republicans have forgotten the word honor. Sad.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Fri Jun 10, 2022 6:03 pm

eCat wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 3:04 pm of all people....

Um, I think the point they were making is that the attack on the Capitol was planned and coordinated long before the rally ever began. The rally was just to get mindless Trumpist zombies to follow the leaders (that was low hanging fruit) who were already down at the Capitol, plans in hand. You're basically offering "evidence" that disproves your argument...

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Fri Jun 10, 2022 6:20 pm

They're tripping over themselves trying to justify a coup.

aTm
Muad'Dib
College Hoops Affiliation: Texas A&M
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by aTm » Fri Jun 10, 2022 6:24 pm

What horseshit. He allowed the debacle to happen because he agreed with the idea of it, but had no understanding and gave no shits about the practicalities of it. Both he and Trump had identical policy positions to get out of Afghanistan ASAP. Biden fucked it up because he is incompetent, he doesn't understand how to make something happen, he's never done anything but be a paper pusher and a blowhard his whole life, and he doesn't even understand the decisions that need to be made to iron out all of the details. He sees the forest and but doesn't even understand that its made up of trees. He just knew that "Oh yes, we're getting out of Afghanistan, yes I want that please, ASAP...what do you mean we need to delay it several months? Uhh, ok really? I guess that's fine....<later> What we need to delay it again? Fuck no! I dont care what's gonna happen lets get out, I'm not delaying again! We're gonna be out before the 9/11 anniversary!" That's literally what his thought process was. He's a fucking joke.
Sure, I could have stayed in the past. I could have even been king. But in my own way, I am king.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Fri Jun 10, 2022 6:38 pm

Yeah, I don't think I'll take your word for that dribble.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Fri Jun 10, 2022 6:44 pm

sardis wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 6:55 pm You’re not watching it either, if you were honest. It’s not high on anyone’s radar except for a small percentage of Dems who have nothing else to do.
20 MILLION PEOPLE. 4 Million for Hillary. Just sayin.