spambot banned

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Re: Florida State Seminoles

Post by Jungle Rat » Mon Jun 06, 2022 7:16 am

Can you count the number of mass shootings on 2 hands this weekend? No. You'll need more.

hedge
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Post by hedge » Mon Jun 06, 2022 8:06 am

I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

sardis
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Villanova

Post by sardis » Mon Jun 06, 2022 8:21 am

hedge wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 1:39 pm "Don’t see the correlation."

If people want to be stupid and take heroin, why should the government try to fix that? That's the correlation...
One is a reaction, the other is a prevention.

I don't feel like cleaning up a drugee's mess of his life, like I don't feel like cleaning up stupid kids' student debt. That correlates
I am against going into student debt, just like I'm against illicit drug use. That correlates.

innocentbystander
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Boston College

Post by innocentbystander » Mon Jun 06, 2022 9:28 am

sardis wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 8:21 am

If people want to be stupid and take heroin, why should the government try to fix that? That's the correlation...
One is a reaction, the other is a prevention.

I don't feel like cleaning up a drugee's mess of his life, like I don't feel like cleaning up stupid kids' student debt. That correlates
I am against going into student debt, just like I'm against illicit drug use. That correlates.
Well put.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to both stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Mon Jun 06, 2022 9:38 am

Sophistry...

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Mon Jun 06, 2022 9:41 am

Student loan debt and heroin DO correlate. I agree. But they don't correlate in the way you are thinking.

An asshole spends thousands and thousands of dollars (every year) buying heroin to get that "cherry high." When he or she is not shooting heroin, they find it impossible to hold a job. They are broke. They are constantly mooching off friends and family. They can not form families. They can not contract. They can't do anything. And they are angry at a world that has left the asshole a druggie. Unfortunately, that druggie is a druggie entirely because of his or her own actions/decisions. To fix the problem, said asshole thinks politics will solve is, elect people into government who will pass a bill into law that will give said asshole healthcare and money in perpetuity that will make the said asshole, "whole."

An asshole spends $120,000 he or she does not have to go to a private school to earn a degree in communications, all the while, partying and getting laid. When he or she gets out of school, they find themselves with a degree they can't use pouring the two of us coffee at Dunkin Donuts (just to make the monthly payment) and angry at a world that has left the asshole a debt slave. Unfortunately, that debt slave is a debt slave entirely because of his or her own actions/decisions. But to fix the problem, said asshole thinks politics will solve it, elect people into government who will pass a bill into law that will make the said asshole, "whole."

Yes, they correlate.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to both stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Mon Jun 06, 2022 9:50 am

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Mon Jun 06, 2022 9:55 am

This one was actually pretty good.

When Nick got into the actual numbers, the two ladies on the left retrenched back into rhetoric. But it does a very good job explaining why one side simply refuses to hear the other.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Mon Jun 06, 2022 10:21 am

Now IB is telling sardis how he's thinking. You can't make this shit up people. The clueless fuck in Arizona actually thinks we give a crap about his Arizona type of nutbag thoughts. God damn idiot.

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Mon Jun 06, 2022 10:41 am

Jungle Rat wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 10:21 am Now IB is telling sardis how he's thinking. You can't make this shit up people. The clueless fuck in Arizona actually thinks we give a crap about his Arizona type of nutbag thoughts. God damn idiot.
No. I was agreeing with Sardis. And agreeing with hedge. They were both correct. That is because I DO give a crap about their thoughts.

You just like stirring up trouble and trying to get people to get irritated with one another. That doesn't make you an idiot. It makes you an asshole.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Mon Jun 06, 2022 10:51 am

" But they don't correlate in the way you are thinking."

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Mon Jun 06, 2022 11:03 am

eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky

Post by eCat » Mon Jun 06, 2022 12:54 pm

student loan forgiveness to me is the ultimate selfishness of these people

it doesn't address a greater good - it does nothing to lower college costs for future students, a doesn't address equity for the responsible people who put off going to college or worked 2 jobs to save up for college. The guy working for $10 an hour stocking shelves who *could* have went to college but it was financially out of his reach gets screwed because some kid decided he wanted to be in a fraternity at Duke and the only way that was happening is if he went $100K in debt with student loans. Now the realization of making $80K a year with a $800 a month student loan doesn't sit very well with them and every one else in America should prioritize solving why they are living in their parents basement.

To relieve these people of their debt only helps them and not the greater good of America.

The issue is exorbitant college costs and to a lesser extent, college offering degrees that have little to no workplace value.

We should not allow student loans for degrees that are not in demand in the workplace - and colleges should have some skin in the game on this as well.

We should require financial counseling with every person who applies for a loan prior to approval that talks to them about the impact of this loan and their realistic earning potential post graduation.

not to mention wiping out billions in student debt creates bad behavior in both students and colleges.

if we want to relieve any debt in this country, it should be medical debt, and it should be done in a way that doesn't allow bad behavior in medical providers who see a blank check from the government. Medical debt is one thing all of us face. The alternative is an early death due to accident or homicide. We are at a point now where preventive medical procedures cost as much as a semester of college now. Neither of which should be involved in a comparison of expensive options.
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

sardis
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Villanova

Post by sardis » Mon Jun 06, 2022 2:16 pm

Instead of begging the Saudis, why don't we just incentivize oil producers here to produce more?

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Mon Jun 06, 2022 2:39 pm

I mean, there are already 9000 approved drilling permits just sitting in someones desk drawer. But naw, let's ignore the massive profits and cluelessly blame Biden.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Mon Jun 06, 2022 6:30 pm

"The guy working for $10 an hour stocking shelves who *could* have went to college but it was financially out of his reach gets screwed because some kid decided he wanted to be in a fraternity at Duke and the only way that was happening is if he went $100K in debt with student loans."

I would think student loans would only be forgiven for people going to public colleges and universities. If you want to go to Duke, you got to have CAAAAAAIIIIIISSSSSHHHHH!!!!!

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Mon Jun 06, 2022 7:02 pm

Exactly. Private schools can fuck off.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy