Moderators: eCat, hedge, Cletus

hedge
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Re: Florida State Seminoles

Post by hedge » Wed May 25, 2022 11:06 am

Welp, I was wrong. We're higher than almost every country in Europe, Canada and Australia though...
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Wed May 25, 2022 11:16 am

Ted Cruz has the best response so far. Put armed police in every school. Because what we exactly want is more guns in schools. This is the type of half brained bullshit we are dealing with.

innocentbystander
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Boston College

Post by innocentbystander » Wed May 25, 2022 11:22 am

Jungle Rat wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 11:05 am IB: Do you need a license to vote?
Rat: And yes. I need my license to vote.
IB: Weird that you don't answer other people's questions, isn't it?
Which of the two facist policies that aTm proposed do you support?

And no, you don't need a driver's license to vote. A passport will do at every single poll in America.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to both stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.

aTm
Muad'Dib
College Hoops Affiliation: Texas A&M
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by aTm » Wed May 25, 2022 11:24 am

hedge wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 11:06 am Welp, I was wrong. We're higher than almost every country in Europe, Canada and Australia though...
Nobody beats the Aussies at rape though, I bet.
Sure, I could have stayed in the past. I could have even been king. But in my own way, I am king.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Wed May 25, 2022 11:25 am

So you're telling me that when I went to vote and they asked me for my ID to compare mine to theirs on record and signature, if I just said no they would have let me vote?

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Wed May 25, 2022 11:25 am

hedge wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 11:06 am Welp, I was wrong. We're higher than almost every country in Europe, Canada and Australia though...
We count ALL gun violence as crime. We should not do that, but is messes up our numbers.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to both stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Wed May 25, 2022 11:27 am

Jungle Rat wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 11:25 am So you're telling me that when I went to vote and they asked me for my ID to compare mine to theirs on record and signature, if I just said no they would have let me vote?
No. I am saying you need an ID, not a driver's license. A passport will do. Not all people are qualified to drive a car. But all have the right to vote. A driver's license is one of many forms of valid ID.

And when I said you don't need a license to vote. What I meant is there is no "test" you need to take to get the privilege to vote. That is a right. You do not need a "license" to vote the way you need a "license" to drive a car.
Last edited by innocentbystander on Wed May 25, 2022 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

hedge
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina

Post by hedge » Wed May 25, 2022 11:28 am

I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky

Post by eCat » Wed May 25, 2022 11:32 am

Jungle Rat wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 9:04 am How does that stop a psycho from shooting up a school? Seriously? Well, ya can't kill 19 kids that quickly with a Handgun now can ya? Did he take classes on how to use that gun? Was his background checked? Does he have to re-register his gun yearly? Was he mentally cleared to own it? Does he have a license?

Many more questions too. I'll wait for the usual he was a Mexican, or a tranny or mentally ill etc bullshit from Republicans like yourself. Well expected by now from you.

actually more mass shootings occur with handguns

2:1 ratio to be exact over assault rifles

over 1 million Glock 19s are sold yearly here in the United States with a 15 round clip. Everyone is talking about the shooter having an AR but he also had a handgun.

so yea seriously, you're a moron
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Wed May 25, 2022 11:33 am

IB you are making absolutely no sense and again, I feel dumber after reading your crap. Yep. Not all people are qualified to drive a car. Thus a license. Glad you understand my point about gun ownership.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Wed May 25, 2022 11:36 am

eCat wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 11:32 am
Jungle Rat wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 9:04 am How does that stop a psycho from shooting up a school? Seriously? Well, ya can't kill 19 kids that quickly with a Handgun now can ya? Did he take classes on how to use that gun? Was his background checked? Does he have to re-register his gun yearly? Was he mentally cleared to own it? Does he have a license?

Many more questions too. I'll wait for the usual he was a Mexican, or a tranny or mentally ill etc bullshit from Republicans like yourself. Well expected by now from you.

over 1 million Glock 19s are sold yearly here in the United States with a 15 round clip. Everyone is talking about the shooter having an AR but he also had a handgun.

Hilarious. Skip right over my point. I figured as much. Me and you. Target range. I get an AR. You get a handgun. 100 ballons on a wall. 20 seconds. How many do each of us get?

Moron. Heh.

aTm
Muad'Dib

Post by aTm » Wed May 25, 2022 11:38 am

There are tactical advantages and disadvantages to each. You may pop more balloons at the range, but put the balloons in the center of the shopping mall and ecat is way more likely to get his handgun into the shopping mall to pop the balloons.
Sure, I could have stayed in the past. I could have even been king. But in my own way, I am king.

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Wed May 25, 2022 11:39 am

Jungle Rat wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 11:33 am IB you are making absolutely no sense and again, I feel dumber after reading your crap. Yep. Not all people are qualified to drive a car. Thus a license. Glad you understand my point about gun ownership.
You don't understand.

The Constitution says it is your RIGHT to own a gun for home defense, for your own use. There is no Constitutional RIGHT for you to drive a car. Your point about gun ownership, is wrong.

There is no test, no license for you to get to own a gun. If you want to take away someone's Constitutional right to own a gun, I might be an ally with you on that. But it better be a damn good reason. Not knowing how to operate a gun properly is NOT a good enough reason. BUT, being insane IS a good enough reason to take away your right (for a fascist like me.)

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Wed May 25, 2022 11:41 am

In 2020, the most recent year for which complete data is available, 45,222 people died from gun-related injuries in the U.S., according to the CDC.

The Gun Violence Archive, an online database of gun violence incidents in the U.S., defines mass shootings as incidents in which four or more people are shot, even if no one was killed (again excluding the shooters). Using this definition, 513 people died in these incidents in 2020. The FBI defines it as an even smaller number.

Regardless of the definition being used, fatalities in mass shooting incidents in the U.S. account for a small fraction of all gun murders that occur nationwide each year.

congratulations, lets focus on an assault rifle ban and jump thru hoops taking away civil rights in an effort to cut down on .011% of all gun deaths in this country.
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Wed May 25, 2022 11:43 am

Jungle Rat wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 11:36 am
eCat wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 11:32 am

Hilarious. Skip right over my point. I figured as much. Me and you. Target range. I get an AR. You get a handgun. 100 ballons on a wall. 20 seconds. How many do each of us get?

Moron. Heh.
you don't have a point. You might think you do, but as usual, you're just spouting a stream of consciousness that you pass off as rational coherent thought. Once you realize anything beyond irritating Muslim soccer players and talking about your poop, you are out element, you will be better served in life.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Wed May 25, 2022 11:43 am

aTm wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 11:38 am There are tactical advantages and disadvantages to each. You may pop more balloons at the range, but put the balloons in the center of the shopping mall and ecat is way more likely to get his handgun into the shopping mall to pop the balloons.
Where people have larger space to scatter. I'm not against handguns at all. I'm against assault riffles used outside of the military. There is no purpose but to kill. Ya got your handgun for defense. Your shotgun for food and defense. Why do you need more? It's weird to me how the people with the most guns are also the same people who think God will save them.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Wed May 25, 2022 11:46 am

aTm wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 11:38 am There are tactical advantages and disadvantages to each. You may pop more balloons at the range, but put the balloons in the center of the shopping mall and ecat is way more likely to get his handgun into the shopping mall to pop the balloons.
not sure I'm cool with this analogy

aTm
Muad'Dib

Post by aTm » Wed May 25, 2022 11:48 am

In my experience the people most likely to have guns are poor people who believe they need guns for defense. The suburban and rural churchy type "obvious republicans" as the "gun owners" is bullshit. They may be the NRA members who own multiple guns that are the left's political enemies, but poor people who think they must own a gun or bad shit might happen to them otherwise are the vast majority of people who own a gun.

You know you want to go to that mall and pop those balloons, ecat.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Wed May 25, 2022 11:49 am

Jungle Rat wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 11:43 am
Where people have larger space to scatter. I'm not against handguns at all.
you should be if you are serious about making any significant change in gun violence, but you're not, you're serious about trying to be woke and enlightened in a Kim Kardashian kinda way

between now and Monday, about 8X as many people will have died by gunshot in this country as those poor children at that school and the overwhelming majority of those deaths will be by handgun.

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Wed May 25, 2022 11:49 am

eCat wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 11:41 am In 2020, the most recent year for which complete data is available, 45,222 people died from gun-related injuries in the U.S., according to the CDC.

The Gun Violence Archive, an online database of gun violence incidents in the U.S., defines mass shootings as incidents in which four or more people are shot, even if no one was killed (again excluding the shooters). Using this definition, 513 people died in these incidents in 2020.

Regardless of the definition being used, fatalities in mass shooting incidents in the U.S. account for a small fraction of all gun murders that occur nationwide each year.

congratulations, lets focus on an assault rifle ban and jump thru hoops taking away civil rights in an effort to cut down on .011% of all gun deaths in this country.
That 45,222 number is very deceptive eCat. I will explain.

I did a quickie google search. There was actually a couple very recent articles about gun deaths/homicides state-by-state. I think The Hill leans to the Left. CNN most certainly does. Top 4 states are all red states: Wyoming, New Mexico (although they are more blue than red nowadays), Louisiana, and Mississippi. Per capital, Mississippi leads the list in the worst place to live for gun homicides (which is not all that surprising.)

https://thehill.com/policy/590583-state ... des-study/

https://www.cnn.com/2022/01/20/us/every ... index.html

Mississippi is pretty much the worst of the 50 states, to live. I can say that since I have decades of personal experience here, decades of visits. My grandparents (on my father's side) made Mississippi their home from 1974 to 1998 (when grammy died.) That state is almost always DEAD LAST of the 50 states in the objective measurements of overall life: highest obesity rate in the country, highest smoking rate in the country, lowest rated education system in the country, perhaps the highest poverty rate of the 50 states, etc. Highest gun homicide rate? Yeah, that is not at all that surprising. It's a vile place to live.

The rate of gun deaths is not really a true measurement of CRIME and PROSECUTION. They are NOT always linked. I searched the articles on gun homicides, and nowhere did it say that Mississippi leads the list of states where the various Mississippi country district attorneys refuse to prosecute gun crimes. But, a gun homicide is not always a crime. More often than not, it isn't. You know why? Because the majority of them are SUICIDE. eCat, 86% of ALL gun deaths in Wyoming (near the top of the list) are suicides.

We have a bit of a suicide crisis in the United States. There are wayyyyyy too many deaths of despair, suicides and drug overdoses. It's been that way for the last twenty years, and it's been REAL BAD in the last 5 to 10 years. Now there are not a lot news stories talking about this because (unfortunately) not a lot of people in this country seem to care! I care, but I might be in the minority. That said, the vast majority of those 45,222 gun deaths, were suicide. We don't prosecute those crimes.