Moderators: eCat, hedge, Cletus

eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Re: Florida State Seminoles

Post by eCat » Wed May 18, 2022 1:21 pm

hedge wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 1:05 pm I don't believe that any woman would seek, nor any doctor perform, an "abortion" on a woman who was a couple weeks (or even couple of months) shy of giving birth except under the most extreme medical (not psychological) circumstances...
but you're OK with it being written into law?
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

innocentbystander
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Boston College
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!

Post by innocentbystander » Wed May 18, 2022 1:43 pm

hedge wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 1:05 pm I don't believe that any woman would seek, nor any doctor perform, an "abortion" on a woman who was a couple weeks (or even couple of months) shy of giving birth except under the most extreme medical (not psychological) circumstances...
Girl gets pregnant. Baby daddy is around. Everything is fine and she wants the baby.

Then Baby Daddy gets sent to prison during the mom's 8th month of pregnancy. She aborts.

Or Baby Daddy gets caught fucking the Baby momma's best friend during the mom's 8th month of pregnancy. Or maybe fucking her own mother! He screams at her (because, well, fuck her for making HIM feel bad.) And she melts down (as well she should.) Boom, she aborts.

These are psychological circumstances. And they weren't very hard to come up with. But given how marriage is largely vanishing from the United States (particularly vanishing from the marginal cases) then I don't think these circumstances are all that unusual. Our society is all broken and shitty and all fucked up right now hedge. And abortion is legal in all 50 states with Roe-vs-Wade on the books. Repeal it (as well they should) and an 8th month pregnancy turned into an abortion may be criminalized (as well it should.)
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to both stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Wed May 18, 2022 1:50 pm

hqdefault.jpg
hqdefault.jpg (8.77 KiB) Viewed 611 times

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Wed May 18, 2022 2:50 pm

received_523850699207274.jpeg
received_523850699207274.jpeg (73.85 KiB) Viewed 608 times

sardis
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Villanova

Post by sardis » Wed May 18, 2022 3:13 pm

I knew when he was dry humping that dude on video, he was toast.

hedge
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina

Post by hedge » Wed May 18, 2022 3:31 pm

Wow, well I guess we know where the line is for repubs these days. Live boy or dead girl. I guess that's one down and one to go for Cawthorn...
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Wed May 18, 2022 3:44 pm

sardis wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 3:13 pm I knew when he was dry humping that dude on video, he was toast.
Its a good thing he met the interviewer "organically" or he would be "questioning" him.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to both stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Wed May 18, 2022 6:21 pm

1652912444340.jpg
1652912444340.jpg (65.24 KiB) Viewed 592 times

aTm
Muad'Dib
College Hoops Affiliation: Texas A&M
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by aTm » Wed May 18, 2022 10:38 pm

Lol, world class Freudian slip.

Sure, I could have stayed in the past. I could have even been king. But in my own way, I am king.

DooKSucks
G. Pompous Ass, II, Esq.
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by DooKSucks » Thu May 19, 2022 4:18 am

sardis wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 9:40 am
DooKSucks wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 9:36 am It was the mountain portion near Tennessee, Georgia and South Carolina that also has lots of Florida folks living there half of the year. That's why it happened.
The Florida folk can't vote there because it's not their primary residence.
True, but I just wanted to point out how horrible those places are becoming due to such infestation.

The folks around here are all about Mountain Air, Blowing Rock, Highlands, et al. Heck one of the wife’s uncles sold out of Fayetteville completely and sold his place at Governor’s Club outside of CH to summer at Mountain Air and winter at Landfall in Wilmington. He gets Floridians during the summer and Yankees during the winter. He’s paying millions to live amongst assholes year round.
I proudly took AFAM 040 at Carolina.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Thu May 19, 2022 5:59 am

aTm wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 10:38 pm Lol, world class Freudian slip.

guilty conscience
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Thu May 19, 2022 7:06 am

No one should be able to run for President after they turn 62.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Thu May 19, 2022 7:39 am

Good ol' Bush. At least he realized when he gaffed, Trump would just say it (or tweet it) and look at you like "what wrong with that?"

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Thu May 19, 2022 7:46 am

sardis
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Villanova

Post by sardis » Thu May 19, 2022 8:28 am

DooKSucks wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 4:18 am
DooKSucks wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 9:36 am It was the mountain portion near Tennessee, Georgia and South Carolina that also has lots of Florida folks living there half of the year. That's why it happened.
True, but I just wanted to point out how horrible those places are becoming due to such infestation.

The folks around here are all about Mountain Air, Blowing Rock, Highlands, et al. Heck one of the wife’s uncles sold out of Fayetteville completely and sold his place at Governor’s Club outside of CH to summer at Mountain Air and winter at Landfall in Wilmington. He gets Floridians during the summer and Yankees during the winter. He’s paying millions to live amongst assholes year round.
NC needs to do what SC does. Allow counties to assess a higher property tax rate (3x) if the property is not your primary residence. It probably wouldn’t get rid of them, but it would help the locals pay for better schools and safety. I’m one of those people that have a place near Higlands, but I’m still ok with higher property taxes.

Yes, I understand the bane of old Floridians coming up here, trying to navigate the mountain roads.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Thu May 19, 2022 9:56 am

my little burg is trying to pass a law that will prevent people from turning homes into short term rentals like AirBnB

frankly I'm surprised there is any market for that here.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Thu May 19, 2022 10:09 am

Perfect place for a hoot a nanny.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Thu May 19, 2022 10:20 am

1652969987239.jpg
1652969987239.jpg (66.79 KiB) Viewed 561 times

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Thu May 19, 2022 11:14 am

sardis wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 8:28 am
DooKSucks wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 4:18 am

NC needs to do what SC does. Allow counties to assess a higher property tax rate (3x) if the property is not your primary residence. It probably wouldn’t get rid of them, but it would help the locals pay for better schools and safety. I’m one of those people that have a place near Higlands, but I’m still ok with higher property taxes.

Yes, I understand the bane of old Floridians coming up here, trying to navigate the mountain roads.
Living in Arizona, I am surrounded by part-time residents. Some times its bad, but mostly its great. If I was a local government tax official I would want to do everything and anything I could (within my power) to encourage people to buy as much real estate as they are willing PARTICULARLY if they are NOT using it as their primary residence. If they are only here X number of months during the year (happens in Arizona a lot) then they are NOT using government services for all 12 months of the year. BUT their property taxes are paying for those government services for all 12 months of the year. They are still paying even if they are not here.

A wealthy community is (sometimes) one where all the residential property is owned, where all the owners pay all their property taxes, but their dwellings remain unoccupied for significant portions of the year. That type of local economy should be encouraged. That is a rich community. Growing up in Massachusetts and seeing that happen every year in Cape Cod, a lot of those towns on the Cape have done exceptionally well in paying for great local government services when they are being consumed at a much slower rate (no one lives there in January.) If you own a cottage in Truro or Barnstable MA and you live in Quincy MA in January, you are still paying property taxes for your Barnstable cottage in January.

The AirBnB route can ALSO be very lucrative for the local community. Now you have someone who owns a piece of property and they are renting it out to whomever, but whoever rents it, they are not sending their kids to the local schools. They are just visiting and spending money at the local restaurants and attractions. But the owner of the property still pays full property taxes and pays full school taxes. The only time there is a financial drain on local government services with the AirBnB people, is when the renters are up to no good. Sadly, that happens a lot.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Thu May 19, 2022 12:10 pm

We have a lot of 3-6 month summer rentals in my neighborhood. I wouldn't encourage anyone to buy though. The housing bubble is gonna burst next. And no one, no one can stop it.