The Forum Without Decorum.

Moderators: eCat, hedge, Cletus

innocentbystander
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Boston College
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!

Re: Florida State Seminoles

Post by innocentbystander » Tue Apr 26, 2022 10:34 am

Jungle Rat wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 10:06 am Mitch is owned by Russia. No concern? Just shut up.
Maybe.

But aTm quoted Elizabeth Warren not Mitch McConnell.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to both stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Tue Apr 26, 2022 10:40 am

Nobody brought up divorce either.

aTm
Muad'Dib
College Hoops Affiliation: Texas A&M
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by aTm » Tue Apr 26, 2022 10:44 am

The world changes fast...

Twitter Employees Search for Answers as Musk Takeover Becomes Reality
In January 2020, thousands of Twitter employees gathered in Houston for a corporate summit called #OneTeam. During the event, Jack Dorsey, Twitter’s chief executive at the time, revealed he had invited a surprise guest. Then, with a wave and a smile, Elon Musk appeared on giant screens above the stage. The crowd cheered, clapped and pumped fists. “We love you,” one employee shouted.
Sure, I could have stayed in the past. I could have even been king. But in my own way, I am king.

aTm
Muad'Dib

Post by aTm » Tue Apr 26, 2022 10:54 am

The pandemic has broken people's brains. Since January of 2020, his electric car manufacturer, long a holy grail of the left became the world's most valuable auto manufacturer and went over a a trillion dollars in market cap. SpaceX started sending people space from America again (one of my memorable highlights from the heart of the pandemic), etc. But he's like taken a turn among the looney toons clown crowd because he tweeted some disagreement about how COVID was being handled (like most of the country will have done, over some policy or another) and maybe that he disagreed with the lunatic obsession with pronouns at some point, I think? A true evil force that must be stopped, it seems, according to some, many of whom treated him like a liberal god less than 3 years ago.
Sure, I could have stayed in the past. I could have even been king. But in my own way, I am king.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Tue Apr 26, 2022 11:02 am

I barely know anything about the guy besides he's rich and likes Star Wars shit and has his driverless cars run into things. I could care less about his opinions. I could care less if he buys twitter. I could care less if he dies.

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Tue Apr 26, 2022 11:08 am

aTm wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 10:54 am The pandemic has broken people's brains.
Yes. It really has.
aTm wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 10:54 amSince January of 2020, his electric car manufacturer, long a holy grail of the left became the world's most valuable auto manufacturer and went over a a trillion dollars in market cap. SpaceX started sending people space from America again (one of my memorable highlights from the heart of the pandemic), etc. But he's like taken a turn among the looney toons clown crowd because he tweeted some disagreement about how COVID was being handled (like most of the country will have done, over some policy or another) and maybe that he disagreed with the lunatic obsession with pronouns at some point, I think? A true evil force that must be stopped, it seems, according to some, many of whom treated him like a liberal god less than 3 years ago.
I feel a change happening.

This pronouns thing and the way Covid has been handled, the more people get out of their houses and into the world, the less the world is locked down, the more people will start to think. And it come back around for Musk. I think they will love him again soon enough.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to both stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Tue Apr 26, 2022 12:09 pm

Didn't he once promise to end world hunger if some group (UN, Food something) showed him how they would do it? They did and they never heard back from him. Not a peep.

Text me when his check clears.

hedge
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Post by hedge » Tue Apr 26, 2022 12:11 pm

"A true evil force that must be stopped, it seems, according to some, many of whom treated him like a liberal god less than 3 years ago."

In fairness, MAGA types will turn on pretty much anyone who doesn't display absolute fealty to several articles of Trumpian faith (stolen election, Jan. 6, etc), to say nothing of not paying adequate fealty to the man himself. It's going to be interesting to see what happens if DeSantis decides to run in 2024 against either Trump or Trump's wishes...
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

aTm
Muad'Dib

Post by aTm » Tue Apr 26, 2022 12:22 pm

Another nugget from that NYT article is also hilarious. Twitter seems like its workforce monolithic left wing, judging by the hysterical responses on their own platform, but the article says...
But other employees have argued in internal messages seen by The Times that their co-workers have shifted too far to the left side of the political spectrum, making employees who support Mr. Musk’s plans too uncomfortable to speak up. In a worker-run survey of nearly 200 Twitter employees on Blind, an anonymous workplace review app, 44 percent said they were neutral on Mr. Musk. Twenty-seven percent said they loved Mr. Musk, while 27 percent said they hated him.
So 27 percent of the company is the voice representing all of the company, which includes an equal number of people that disagree, and a much larger group of people that dont care. Perhaps the biggest problem with Twitter style social media is people in the real world acting like the opinions expressed there are representative of the real world when they are not even close to representative of the full gamut of society at large. You have politicians and businesses mingling and focusing their attention on what is really a fringe element. Perhaps even a fringe of a fringe. There's people like me, or us, who look at twitter and share tweets and get information, who are really just a slice of society ourselves and generally of a certain age and income group. And then there is a fringe of that group that are the absolute lunatics who actually comment on tweets and argue with each other, and swarm around whatever is the bullshit of the day. The idea that their opinions mean anything is insane.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Tue Apr 26, 2022 12:35 pm

The only person I follow on Twitter is Grateful Dead archivist David Lemieux. I've read about 6 of his posts since I "joined" about a year ago. I tweeted to him that I enjoyed his highly unusual choice to play selections from 2 different concerts on Today in Grateful Dead history one morning about 6 months ago. I have also checked out Rick Wilson's feed from time to time b/c I think he's hilarious. That's the full extent of my twitter experience and I don't see it increasing anytime soon...

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Tue Apr 26, 2022 12:37 pm

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Tue Apr 26, 2022 12:40 pm

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Tue Apr 26, 2022 12:43 pm

I've just been using twitter for sports as I am among other things, a sports addict. I follow a few news and political places but I don't comment on them. I bring those over here. Twitter is toxic. Sports Twitter is all I need.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Tue Apr 26, 2022 12:44 pm

hedge wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 12:40 pm
I saw that the other day, put it on my TV and just stared at it. It wasn't this one though.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Tue Apr 26, 2022 1:08 pm

eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky

Post by eCat » Tue Apr 26, 2022 2:17 pm

I don't think I have to state the obvious

but in case it isn't obvious

I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky

Post by eCat » Tue Apr 26, 2022 2:25 pm

and why it matters

I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Tue Apr 26, 2022 2:33 pm

Spread lies your twitter dies

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Tue Apr 26, 2022 2:39 pm

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Tue Apr 26, 2022 3:41 pm

Senator Ed Markey is so horrified with Musk acquiring Twitter, he demands a bill be passed into law regulating social media with a form of "algorithmic justice."

https://www.nationalreview.com/corner/a ... c-justice/