Moderators: eCat, hedge, Cletus

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Re: Florida State Seminoles

Post by Jungle Rat » Tue Mar 08, 2022 12:16 pm

Yet he still doesn't. Weird how that works. Of course he could just open up that Canadian pipeline that is 8% complete and full of sludge. That'll show em.

eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Post by eCat » Tue Mar 08, 2022 1:37 pm

some more insight to the abrupt resignation of the prosecutors going after Trump - it wasn't as abrupt is it was made out to be

---------------

This account of the investigation’s unraveling, drawn from interviews with more than a dozen people knowledgeable about the events, pulls back a curtain on one of the most consequential prosecutorial decisions in U.S. history. Had the district attorney’s office secured an indictment, Mr. Trump would have been the first current or former president to be criminally charged.

Mr. Bragg was not the only one to question the strength of the case, the interviews show. Late last year, three career prosecutors in the district attorney’s office opted to leave the investigation, uncomfortable with the speed at which it was proceeding and with what they maintained were gaps in the evidence. The tension spilled into the new administration, with some career prosecutors raising concerns directly to the new district attorney’s team.

Mr. Bragg, whose office is conducting the investigation along with lawyers working for New York’s attorney general, Letitia James, had not taken issue with Mr. Dunne and Mr. Pomerantz presenting evidence to the grand jury in his first days as district attorney. But as the weeks passed, he developed concerns about the challenge of showing Mr. Trump’s intent — a requirement for proving that he criminally falsified his business records — and about the risks of relying on the former president’s onetime fixer, Michael D. Cohen, as a key witness.
----

the media would have you believe Dunne and Pomerantz were blindsided by this but they knew of and disregarded objections to their inability to prove the crux of the case, and then got the red ass when it was pulled.
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Tue Mar 08, 2022 1:46 pm

I have been keeping up with Malaysia Air MH370. In the past month there have been a couple of key developments.

The first is the use of HAM radio signals to pinpoint where the plan went down. Basically how it works is HAM Radio signals are tracked to where they create a very tight grid in the world. When a plane the size of MH370 passes thru it creates interference that can be isolated. From that they have been able to track exactly where the plane flew and went down

An important outcome of that is that somewhere off the coast near Kuala Lumpur the pilot had the plane in a holding pattern for more than 20 minutes.

What you didn't know is that the pilot was very politically active, and ct a cousin to this Malaysian official who was convicted of sodomy 2 days before the crash.

The Australian PM is on record saying that Malaysia told him in a matter of days after the crash the flight was a murder/suicide and the motivation was political activism, however publicly Malaysia said they could not conclude the cause of the crash

Many believe this holding pattern for more than 20 minutes was a negotiation process with the pilot and government officials in Malaysia demanding the release of his cousin, and when those negotiations failed, he pointed the plane south and flew until it ran out of fuel.

Right now they believe they know where the plane is within a 300 square mile area which would take them about a week to find, but so far no one has any interest to start the logistics effort to find the plane - with supposedly a black box that would include a recording of the failed negotiation with the Malaysian officials.
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

sardis
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Villanova

Post by sardis » Tue Mar 08, 2022 2:22 pm

Are you blaming the fags?

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Tue Mar 08, 2022 2:26 pm

when don't I?

innocentbystander
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Boston College

Post by innocentbystander » Tue Mar 08, 2022 3:23 pm

eCat wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 1:46 pm I have been keeping up with Malaysia Air MH370. In the past month there have been a couple of key developments.

The first is the use of HAM radio signals to pinpoint where the plan went down. Basically how it works is HAM Radio signals are tracked to where they create a very tight grid in the world. When a plane the size of MH370 passes thru it creates interference that can be isolated. From that they have been able to track exactly where the plane flew and went down

An important outcome of that is that somewhere off the coast near Kuala Lumpur the pilot had the plane in a holding pattern for more than 20 minutes.

What you didn't know is that the pilot was very politically active, and ct a cousin to this Malaysian official who was convicted of sodomy 2 days before the crash.

The Australian PM is on record saying that Malaysia told him in a matter of days after the crash the flight was a murder/suicide and the motivation was political activism, however publicly Malaysia said they could not conclude the cause of the crash

Many believe this holding pattern for more than 20 minutes was a negotiation process with the pilot and government officials in Malaysia demanding the release of his cousin, and when those negotiations failed, he pointed the plane south and flew until it ran out of fuel.

Right now they believe they know where the plane is within a 300 square mile area which would take them about a week to find, but so far no one has any interest to start the logistics effort to find the plane - with supposedly a black box that would include a recording of the failed negotiation with the Malaysian officials.
I could see why neither the government NOR the airline would want to go public to the media with that kind of hurtful information. Just darkness there. But still, the families have a right to know (and a right to react anyway they choose) vs the Malaysian government or the airline.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to both stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Tue Mar 08, 2022 10:05 pm

aTm
Muad'Dib
College Hoops Affiliation: Texas A&M
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by aTm » Wed Mar 09, 2022 9:55 am

Sure, I could have stayed in the past. I could have even been king. But in my own way, I am king.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Wed Mar 09, 2022 12:00 pm

and just like that, all these prius driving assholes are going to be insufferable again for 6 months

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Wed Mar 09, 2022 12:42 pm

Open the pipeline!!

Dave23
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Memphis

Post by Dave23 » Wed Mar 09, 2022 2:19 pm

Thaaaaaaaanks!
Attachments
220122DA-16FE-4522-8281-4C73D6805C85.jpeg
220122DA-16FE-4522-8281-4C73D6805C85.jpeg (79.12 KiB) Viewed 334 times
The older I get the more I pretty much hate every cocksucker that is making decisions in this world and all of the idiots that root for political parties like sports teams. — aTm

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Wed Mar 09, 2022 2:24 pm

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Wed Mar 09, 2022 2:55 pm

05a40b1f2f909585c388534901a141d2--lap-dogs-small-dogs.jpg
05a40b1f2f909585c388534901a141d2--lap-dogs-small-dogs.jpg (35.11 KiB) Viewed 332 times

hedge
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina

Post by hedge » Wed Mar 09, 2022 3:09 pm

"and just like that, all these prius driving assholes are going to be insufferable again for 6 months"

Speaking of that...

The price of gasoline isn’t really at a record high. In fact, the inflation-adjusted cost of driving a mile was higher for most of the past century

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/the-p ... 1646770318
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Wed Mar 09, 2022 3:09 pm

yea, that helps

I was watching youtube and they had a clip from CNN where - I'm not sure who it was , maybe Jake Tapper and he was talking to Chris Murphy, a Senator from Connecticut and is on the foreign relations committee. They were talking about gas prices and Jake Tapper drops this gem

"we knows prices are going to go up and be at record highs, and for you and me, its not really a big deal, but for the people that are struggling paycheck to paycheck, this is really going to hurt them"

The appearance of empathy without any of the sincerity

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Wed Mar 09, 2022 3:11 pm

Of course if you're driving a big ass truck (with MAGA and Let's Go Brandon stickers on it) that gets 13 mpg, you're fucked. But you were probably already fucked anyway in that case...

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Wed Mar 09, 2022 3:14 pm

those 13mpg gallon uppity fuckers

I get 11mpg as a workin man!

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Wed Mar 09, 2022 3:27 pm

My old (2010) Buick gets about 24 mpg. I thought about getting a used Prius to drive back and forth to work. I've got a 70 mile round trip commute, so that's 350 miles/week x 48 weeks a year, that's 16,800 miles a year commuting. At 24 mpg, that's 700 gallons a year. If I was getting 40 mpg, that's 420 gallons a year, or 280 gallon/year less than what I'm using now. But even at $4 a gallon, that's only saving $1120 a year, if I paid $10K for the Prius, that's going to take 9 years to break even, and of course gas has rarely been at $4 a gallon and I expect it won't stay there forever, so the number become even less favorable for buying a Prius. Might as well drive in comfort in my old man 4 door sedan...

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Wed Mar 09, 2022 3:32 pm

that is why I am infuriated at these people talking about America must have energy independence.

I'm not going to buy a $45K electric car, I'm not going to spend $20K to have solar panels put on my house. The pay back from that is more than a decade.

America can have energy independence, we have 100 years of coal in the ground, we were a few years back the largest oil producer until we shut shit down.

You want to hurt Russia, Venezuela, Iran and Saudi? Flood the damn market with oil and keep it at $50 a barrel while they struggle to cover their economic obligations at home. 45% of Russia's economy is oil, the Saudi's aren't comfortable paying their obligations unless oil is around $75 a barrel, the last thing you want is funding Maduro and the Mullahs by pumping their revenues while we fuck around trying to get people who make at average of $60K a year to buy a Tesla.

The electric car no doubt is the future, but it has to be parallel to Americas priority for the lowest fuel prices possible.

Its not about opening a pipeline now like some idiots thinks, its about why a pipeline and access to oil fields was shut down to begin with.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Wed Mar 09, 2022 3:51 pm

eCat wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 3:09 pm yea, that helps

I was watching youtube and they had a clip from CNN where - I'm not sure who it was , maybe Jake Tapper and he was talking to Chris Murphy, a Senator from Connecticut and is on the foreign relations committee. They were talking about gas prices and Jake Tapper drops this gem

"we knows prices are going to go up and be at record highs, and for you and me, its not really a big deal, but for the people that are struggling paycheck to paycheck, this is really going to hurt them"

The appearance of empathy without any of the sincerity
He's absolutely right. I'm not bothered by it.