Moderators: eCat, hedge, Cletus

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Re: Florida State Seminoles

Post by Jungle Rat » Thu Mar 03, 2022 1:39 pm

" This idea of taking away "bloated" police resources and allocate it to social workers, drug rehab programs and the like has resulted in a population explosion of the very people they were trying to help alleviate while at the same time marginalizing the police presence necessary to provide a safe environment for people to co-exist."

LOL! E just doesn't get it.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Thu Mar 03, 2022 1:41 pm

" And he needs it because he has a $4800 mortgage payment for a 2 bedroom townhouse.

And there's homeless? Imagine that.

innocentbystander
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Boston College

Post by innocentbystander » Thu Mar 03, 2022 1:46 pm

Jungle Rat wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 1:41 pm " And he needs it because he has a $4800 mortgage payment for a 2 bedroom townhouse.

And there's homeless? Imagine that.
Imagine that.

Christ said to His disciples who were freaking out as the Prostitute cleaned feet with oil, oil that cost money, money that could have been used to help the poor: "The poor will always be with us."

As far as the homeless go, the mentally ill will always be with us.

I know what eCat was saying about the 1974 Winnebago being parked in front of a $900,000 town house. I get the point. But no one gives a shit if that same 1974 Winnebago is parked at a campground or an RV park. Homelessness is really not the issue here. If I retire, cash out of all my real-estate, and spend my remaining years roaming the earth in my 5th wheel trailer, I am technically homeless. That is fine. But the people living on the street in a tent in an alley, defecating in the street, that is mental illness.
Last edited by innocentbystander on Thu Mar 03, 2022 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to both stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Thu Mar 03, 2022 1:48 pm

When that guy living in a 1300 sq. ft. $900k townhome figures it out, let me know.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Thu Mar 03, 2022 1:50 pm

So homelessness is a result of poor mental health? Gotcha.

Idiot.

eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Post by eCat » Thu Mar 03, 2022 1:51 pm

innocentbystander wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 1:46 pm

there is a reason why we lead the world in % of incarcerated

Democratic Governors and Mayors with liberal constituents don't want to pay for mental health just like the GOP
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Thu Mar 03, 2022 1:54 pm

Jungle Rat wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 1:48 pm When that guy living in a 1300 sq. ft. $900k townhome figures it out, let me know.
1300? HA! Try, 800 sq feet, two stories. 400 sq feet on each floor.

That is $900,000 in San Francisco. That is a $4800/month mortgage payment.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to both stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Thu Mar 03, 2022 2:00 pm

I watch these videos on Youtube about this guy in New York who is a broker for apartments and he is showing 200sq ft, 180sq ft apartments where the rent is $1100.

A decent 3 bedroom apartment in a desirable location is about $3500 a month
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Thu Mar 03, 2022 2:03 pm

eCat wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 1:51 pm
innocentbystander wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 1:46 pm

there is a reason why we lead the world in % of incarcerated

Democratic Governors and Mayors with liberal constituents don't want to pay for mental health just like the GOP
We used to have mental institutions. All gone. It's nice not "nice" or "fair" that a judge has the right/authority to imprison you when you not only haven't been convicted of a crime, you haven't even been charged! Why should ANYONE be sent ANYWHERE (against their will) because someone in "authority" has subjectively determined that you are dangerous to yourself, or others? That was the liberal argument AGAINST mental institutions (because a judge is all-powerful eCat.)

I didn't make that call. I agree with you, we need to re-open mental institutions and get these people off the street. I just know why we closed them. It wasn't about money. It was about liberty.

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Thu Mar 03, 2022 2:07 pm

eCat wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 2:00 pm I watch these videos on Youtube about this guy in New York who is a broker for apartments and he is show 200sq ft, 180sq ft apartments where the rent is $1100.

90 sq foot apartment

90. Yes, 9 foot by fucking 10 foot.

I am wondering, is this mental illness? LOL!

hedge
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina

Post by hedge » Thu Mar 03, 2022 2:09 pm

"That first bs conviction for something low level often makes the person unemployable / limits where he / she can work"

Thanks god grain elevators don't care...
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Thu Mar 03, 2022 2:26 pm

hedge wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 2:09 pm "That first bs conviction for something low level often makes the person unemployable / limits where he / she can work"

Thanks god grain elevators don't care...
I've always meant to ask you this

what do you think you'd be doing without that past history at this point in your life?

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Thu Mar 03, 2022 2:30 pm

World domination

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Thu Mar 03, 2022 2:51 pm

" He earns (roughly) $50,000/year MORE than what I make"

You're acting like that's some impressive number. So the guy is making $85,000/year, so what??

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Thu Mar 03, 2022 3:12 pm

"I agree with all of that. But as long as the city has 0-0-0 (or close to it) then the city doesn't care, the mayor doesn't care, and the police department doesn't care about all the homeless and they dumps they take on the street."

If all of that is true and none of those people care (oh, and they're making a minimum of $50K a year more than you), then why the fuck do you care?? All this pearl clutching over the horrors of San Francisco, and yet (according to you) they have full employment, high wages and zero vacancy rates on commercial and residential real estate. I think you and eCat need to find something else to be outraged about, San Francisco seems to be surviving just fine without your concern...

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Thu Mar 03, 2022 3:15 pm

hedge wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 2:51 pm " He earns (roughly) $50,000/year MORE than what I make"

You're acting like that's some impressive number. So the guy is making $85,000/year, so what??
Actually, for his living expenses and lifestyle in San Francisco, he's underpaid.

I'll never have a $4800 mortgage payment (not in this lifetime at least.) I can't imagine living like that, that kind of debt hanging over my head would give me ulcers. Just worrying about how I HAVE to work (just to pay debt that I agreed to) would make me ill. But he says he likes living in "Magic Kingdom" because he can walk to everything (including his job) and it suits him fine.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Thu Mar 03, 2022 3:22 pm

Then he should stop fucking complaining.

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Thu Mar 03, 2022 3:23 pm

hedge wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 3:12 pm "I agree with all of that. But as long as the city has 0-0-0 (or close to it) then the city doesn't care, the mayor doesn't care, and the police department doesn't care about all the homeless and they dumps they take on the street."

If all of that is true and none of those people care (oh, and they're making a minimum of $50K a year more than you), then why the fuck do you care?? All this pearl clutching over the horrors of San Francisco, and yet (according to you) they have full employment, high wages and zero vacancy rates on commercial and residential real estate. I think you and eCat need to find something else to be outraged about, San Francisco seems to be surviving just fine without your concern...
I'm not outraged. I'm not even concerned. It doesn't concern me that San Francisco's overall population may have "declined" by 72,000 people leaving it in the last two years. I'm not clutching at any pearls. And I'm not saying its so horrible. Yes, full employment, high wages, and zero vacancy rates, the city is doing just fine. If those who remain are like my friend and continue to tolerate all the mentally ill just sleeping on the street and taking a dump on the street, then, that is fine by me.

But, I do think it is important to at least discuss the situation in San Francisco from a pragmatic standpoint. People in this country should be made aware about all the mentally ill just sleeping on the street. And why? People in this country make rash decisions without having access to all the information. And they do that because they don't understand what is happening on the ground. I happen to understand a little bit (not much, just a little bit) about what it is like to live in San Francisco. And I just thought I would like to share what I know because I figured you might be interested.

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Thu Mar 03, 2022 3:28 pm

Jungle Rat wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 3:22 pm Then he should stop fucking complaining.
My friend doesn't complain about it.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Thu Mar 03, 2022 3:29 pm

innocentbystander wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 2:07 pm
eCat wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 2:00 pm I watch these videos on Youtube about this guy in New York who is a broker for apartments and he is show 200sq ft, 180sq ft apartments where the rent is $1100.

90 sq foot apartment

90. Yes, 9 foot by fucking 10 foot.

I am wondering, is this mental illness? LOL!
the comments for that video are gold

“It’s worth it.”

Narrator: “It wasn’t.”
--------------------------------
“The great thing about NY is that you can do so many different things at once.”

Here in Florida, I can also do many things at once. Such as sit on the toilet and extend my leg.

------------------------------
landlords did a really good job of convincing hipsters that living in a closet is cool