Moderators: eCat, hedge, Cletus

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Re: MIT Engineers

Post by Jungle Rat » Wed Feb 16, 2022 1:44 pm

Today's ecat would just buy it and throw it in the yard.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Fri Feb 18, 2022 3:54 pm

Learn something

eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Post by eCat » Sat Feb 19, 2022 5:32 pm

if you guys are at a point where you don't want to pay for cable, I'm not sure all the places you can get it, but if you have a firestick, download and install the pluto tv app.

its a ton of free content - news, weather, basic sports (no espn) , movies and a bunch of on demand stuff - all legal and all free. Its got commercials but they aren't obnoxious. Its like 300 channels of content

Really, with that, IDMB, crackle and local - there really is no need to pay for anything and you'll get a shitload of stuff to watch. I've been watching Wanted Dead or Alive with Steve McQueen .

When basketball season is over, I'll drop YoutubeTV and just use that
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Sat Feb 19, 2022 6:19 pm

Can you drop your internet too?

Dave23
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Memphis

Post by Dave23 » Mon Feb 21, 2022 11:21 am

I downloaded plutotv on Saturday to watch Jeremy Piven’s “The Goods”…it was the only place I could find it online.

Still can’t find “PCU”…
The older I get the more I pretty much hate every cocksucker that is making decisions in this world and all of the idiots that root for political parties like sports teams. — aTm

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Mon Feb 21, 2022 11:46 am

I saw where wal-mart has a $15 android stick. I'd rather have a firestick for $40 but if money was an issue, that is pretty cheap entertainment.
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Mon Feb 21, 2022 11:48 am

my son purchased the Occulus virtual reality setup a couple of weeks back and he has been pestering me to play it. I told him I didn't care anything about that stuff but he did entice me with the thought of playing a WWII shooter.

So yesterday he bought a game called Sniper Elite and I tried it out.

I have to admit, I am having fun with it.

The premise is you are an Italian resistance fighter shooting Nazi's. You start off with a K98 and you have to load it. pull the bolt back and then look thru the scope to shoot it. As the game progresses you get more guns but I haven't got that far yet.

I'm sure it must be pretty fun to watch someone play it, my wife was watching me and was cracking up at me trying to pick up ammo off the floor, load the gun and shoot it. You "hold" it just like you would a real K98.

Its a complete 360 degree field of view and just like those videos you see of people running into walls , etc - it can happen. More than once I've found myself in the game on the edge of stairs trying to not fall even though I know I'm standing in the middle of my den.

I particularly like when you shoot someone it shows a slow motion video of the bullet hitting the target. Anyway, if you get the chance and that sort of thing appeals to you , you should try it. Its a bit clunky at first until you get used to it. I kept holding the trigger down when I would rack the bolt and the gun would shoot, then I would drop the gun because I would let go of the grip. That and not trying to walk in the game took some time to figure out.

aTm
Muad'Dib
College Hoops Affiliation: Texas A&M
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by aTm » Mon Feb 21, 2022 12:30 pm

I'm sure you look almost as hilarious from the outside as when I was watching my father-in-law try to play Beat Saber.
Sure, I could have stayed in the past. I could have even been king. But in my own way, I am king.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Mon Feb 21, 2022 12:38 pm

yea I'm sure I looked ridiculous. You burn some calories with that thing.

I just learned there are a few combat flight simulators. I'll be checking them out tonight.

aTm
Muad'Dib

Post by aTm » Mon Feb 21, 2022 1:20 pm

Let me know how the flight sims are.
Sure, I could have stayed in the past. I could have even been king. But in my own way, I am king.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Mon Feb 21, 2022 2:36 pm

yep - DCS seems to be the one alot of people are talking about but it does require some horsepower. We've got a 1080ti. Crypto has ruined the graphics card for gaming market

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Tue Feb 22, 2022 9:02 am

we installed War Thunder yesterday but my son got called into work and he was telling me we have to setup the computer before we can play it. I went with War Thunder first because you can fly an ME-262 in it

so maybe this evening

DooKSucks
G. Pompous Ass, II, Esq.
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina

Post by DooKSucks » Tue Feb 22, 2022 12:10 pm

eCat wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 9:02 am we installed War Thunder yesterday but my son got called into work and he was telling me we have to setup the computer before we can play it. I went with War Thunder first because you can fly an ME-262 in it

so maybe this evening
Of course you would side with the Nazi's...
I proudly took AFAM 040 at Carolina.

aTm
Muad'Dib

Post by aTm » Tue Feb 22, 2022 1:15 pm

I played War Thunder just for a regular PC gaming a few years ago but was turned off a lot by the F2P business model and the simplistic nature of it.

I was looking for something to replace the best flight sim I've ever played (and probably the best Massively Multiplayer online game that I've ever played as well) which was Fighter Ace 3. There were a lot of guys playing that game who were obviously real pilots, and the physics were good enough that it could feel extremely real, to the point where understanding actual air combat maneuvering concepts would help you fight.

A few years ago there was a company or group called Fighter Base that was kind trying to remake a newer generation version, but it seemed like they were going to go the simplified War Thunder fly by mouse arcade game rather than recrate the simulation best played by joystick that Fighter Ace was. No idea where they are with it now. Probably doesnt exist any more. They were chasing users to be like War Thunder (either out of greed or desperation) but I'm guessing their entire player base they did have wanted a Fighter Ace clone or else they would just play something like War Thunder to begin with.

aTm
Muad'Dib

Post by aTm » Tue Feb 22, 2022 1:22 pm

LMAO, yeah it looks like where they ended up was a "Fortnite in Planes" battle royale model

Now called Fighter Royale

https://fighterroyale.com/

I suspect this is very dead

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Tue Feb 22, 2022 1:34 pm

DooKSucks wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 12:10 pm
eCat wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 9:02 am we installed War Thunder yesterday but my son got called into work and he was telling me we have to setup the computer before we can play it. I went with War Thunder first because you can fly an ME-262 in it

so maybe this evening
Of course you would side with the Nazi's...
a WWII jet fighter, they have one on display at Wright Pat

amazing technology for the time. Hitler decided to make the fastest plane in the air a bomber..........

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Tue Feb 22, 2022 1:34 pm

aTm wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 1:22 pm LMAO, yeah it looks like where they ended up was a "Fortnite in Planes" battle royale model

Now called Fighter Royale

https://fighterroyale.com/

I suspect this is very dead
DCS is supposed to be amazing. Also Microsoft has their flight sim out on Occulus (HP first) by this fall

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Fri Feb 25, 2022 10:52 pm

img_1_1645843882406.jpg
img_1_1645843882406.jpg (104.58 KiB) Viewed 266 times

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Mon Feb 28, 2022 12:36 pm

still haven't got a flight sim installed yet

last night my son bought a Ryzen 5 5600X and a gaming M550-B motherboard, along with low latency memory. I installed it for him and he went from a frame rate of 80 to over 300. I haven't had a chance to play with the VR setup yet to see if it makes a different or not. We ran some benchmark and it showed a 47% improvement over his older processor, an AM3+ platform

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Mon Feb 28, 2022 12:38 pm

on another note, I'm sure I mentioned this before but this is $38 , 15 minute install with a wrench game changer

I can't believe it took me this long to start using one
https://www.amazon.com/Luxe-Bidet-Neo-1 ... 194&sr=8-6

buy this and set it up - at first is a cold blast of nope but once you get used to it, oh man, there is no going back.