Moderators: eCat, hedge, Cletus

hedge
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Re: Florida State Seminoles

Post by hedge » Wed Feb 16, 2022 5:13 pm

"I know you guys hate it when I quote movies but Tom Hanks said it best about Bob McNamara when he was talking to the owner of the Washington Post (his boss.)"

In fairness, it wouldn't have mattered what you said after that second "I"...
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

innocentbystander
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Boston College
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!

Post by innocentbystander » Wed Feb 16, 2022 5:27 pm

Hedge, listen to me.

Quoting movies puts controversial topics into historical perspective. It forces you to not only think but think critically. You start to think deeply, particularly if what is being quoted is in anyway a meaningful conversation. That Tom Hanks scene, that is Ben Bradley telling the owner of the Washington Post (Meryl Streep) that in order for us to do our jobs, we sometimes have to publish hurtful things, things we don't like. And we don't like it because we are hurting people we like.

If HRC broke federal election law (and it appears she did, and it appears it has been proven by Durham) then even the people in the media who love her (and they mostly do) they are compelled to report this. If they don't, they aren't doing their jobs. Instead, they are putting their own politics ahead of their profession. They didn't report it. This is why so many people have stopped trusting the US media. The people have reason not to trust them.

It would be so much better if we could all just talk to each other the way we once did. Everyone remembers the Frontline episode of Noam Chomsky and Bill Buckley were just sitting down, calmly, and rationally debating one another on Vietnam. It was a calm, lucid, professional, intelligent debate. We don't get that anymore. Instead, we either scream at each other, talk over each other, or try to cancel people. WTF good is that?
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to both stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.

DooKSucks
G. Pompous Ass, II, Esq.
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by DooKSucks » Wed Feb 16, 2022 5:52 pm

“Movies put things into historical perspective”

You are a mouth breathing moron of the highest order
I proudly took AFAM 040 at Carolina.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Wed Feb 16, 2022 6:13 pm

"If HRC broke federal election law (and it appears she did, and it appears it has been proven by Durham)"

That's funny, I don't recall seeing Hillary's name anywhere in Durham's filing...

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Wed Feb 16, 2022 6:48 pm

"Everyone remembers the Frontline episode of Noam Chomsky and Bill Buckley were just sitting down, calmly, and rationally debating one another on Vietnam."

We do? I can only imagine the horrors you faced in childhood.

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Wed Feb 16, 2022 6:48 pm

hedge wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 6:13 pm "If HRC broke federal election law (and it appears she did, and it appears it has been proven by Durham)"

That's funny, I don't recall seeing Hillary's name anywhere in Durham's filing...
Of course her name was there. This was all about Sussmann and his relationship with HRC. Let me quote it for you from a very Pro-Hillary, pro-leftist site....

https://lawandcrime.com/russia-investig ... it-doesnt/
Durham wrote:The defendant’s billing records reflect that the defendant repeatedly billed the Clinton Campaign for his work on the [Alfa Bank] allegations. In compiling and disseminating these allegations, the defendant and Tech Executive-1 also had met and communicated with another law partner at Law Firm-1 who was then serving as General Counsel to the Clinton Campaign (“Campaign Lawyer-1”).
But it gets worse hedge
Durham wrote:The Government’s evidence at trial will also establish that among the Internet data Tech Executive-1 and his associates exploited was domain name system (“DNS”) Internet traffic pertaining to (i) a particular healthcare provider, (ii) Trump Tower, (iii) Donald Trump’s Central Park West apartment building, and (iv) the Executive Office of the President of the United States (“EOP”). (Tech Executive-1’s employer, Internet Company-1, had come to access and maintain dedicated servers for the EOP as part of a sensitive arrangement whereby it provided DNS resolution services to the EOP. Tech Executive-1 and his associates exploited this arrangement by mining the EOP’s DNS traffic and other data for the purpose of gathering derogatory information about Donald Trump.)

The Indictment further details that on February 9, 2017, the defendant provided an updated set of allegations – including the [Alfa Bank] data and additional allegations relating to Trump – to a second agency of the U.S. government (“Agency-2”). The Government’s evidence at trial will establish that these additional allegations relied, in part, on the purported DNS traffic that Tech Executive-1 and others had assembled pertaining to Trump Tower, Donald Trump’s New York City apartment building, the EOP, and the aforementioned healthcare provider. In his meeting with Agency-2, the defendant provided data which he claimed reflected purportedly suspicious DNS lookups by these entities of internet protocol (“IP”) addresses affiliated with a Russian mobile phone provider (“Russian Phone Provider-1”). The defendant further claimed that these lookups demonstrated that Trump and/or his associates were using supposedly rare, Russian-made wireless phones in the vicinity of the White House and other locations. The Special Counsel’s Office has identified no support for these allegations. Indeed, more complete DNS data that the Special Counsel’s Office obtained from a company that assisted Tech Executive-1 in assembling these allegations reflects that such DNS lookups were far from rare in the United States. For example, the more complete data that Tech Executive-1 and his associates gathered – but did not provide to Agency-2 – reflected that between approximately 2014 and 2017, there were a total of more than 3 million lookups of Russian Phone-Provider-1 IP addresses that originated with U.S.-based IP addresses. Fewer than 1,000 of these lookups originated with IP addresses affiliated with Trump Tower. In addition, the more complete data assembled by Tech Executive-1 and his associates reflected that DNS lookups involving the EOP and Russian Phone Provider-1 began at least as early 2014 (i.e., during the Obama administration and years before Trump took office) – another fact which the allegations omitted.
I mean for FUCK'S SAKE hedge! Now remember, this is from a website doing everything it can to DOWNPLAY what happened on Friday. Their legal speak from that site is that those IT people that Sussmann contracted with, they weren't spying you see. It was just....

“exploit[ing] . . . access to non-public and/or proprietary Internet data,”

HOWL!!!!!!
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to both stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Wed Feb 16, 2022 7:09 pm

Stop it hedge. Now

sardis
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Villanova

Post by sardis » Wed Feb 16, 2022 7:14 pm

If this can happen in San Francisco, Biden and the Dems better rethink their stance on covid mandates...

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... ar-AATV7xJ

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Wed Feb 16, 2022 7:16 pm

Covid is over in my book.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Wed Feb 16, 2022 7:46 pm

Still didn't see Hillary's name anywhere...

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Wed Feb 16, 2022 7:49 pm

I mean damn, talk about Trump Derangement Syndrome, some of you motherfuckers are still obsessed with Hillary? She hasn't held any governmental position in almost 10 years, lost her bid at the presidency and some of you fuckers just can't get her out of your mind. Sad...

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Wed Feb 16, 2022 7:53 pm

Bout sums it up.

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Thu Feb 17, 2022 10:44 am

And I thought WE had it bad here in the States. Ha....

These people are just SOOOOO scary and dangerous

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Thu Feb 17, 2022 10:47 am

Trudeau is freezing bank accounts

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-60383385

obviously, that caused a "bank run" in Canada. LOL!

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Thu Feb 17, 2022 12:20 pm

I wish you were frozen...

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Thu Feb 17, 2022 12:52 pm

Inspired by the Canadian truckers, a bunch of Nazis and white supremacists protesting the covid restrictions in New Zealand got into the groove. New Zealand government authorities blasting Barry Manilow at the parliament protestors to get them to disperse

then they switched to Baby Shark

I suppose this is a better way for government to handle protestors than what our government did at the Capitol on Jan 6th, 2021

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Thu Feb 17, 2022 12:58 pm

Die

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Thu Feb 17, 2022 1:09 pm

Jungle Rat wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 12:58 pmDie
Well jeez I was going to say such nice things about your pictures on the beach there

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Thu Feb 17, 2022 1:23 pm

3 school board members were "cancelled" via recall election in San Francisco. The left went bat shit crazy. Only THEY get to do that. They do not like it when it happens to them, particularly in San Francisco. So, who is to be blamed for the recall?
Board of Supervisors President Shamann Walton wrote:closet Republicans and most certainly folks with conservative values in San Francisco, even if they weren’t registered Republicans.
CLOSET REPUBLICANS! In San Francisco. You Nazis and white supremacists hiding in our midst! You need to register as republicans so we know who you are!!!!!!!!!!!!

eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky

Post by eCat » Thu Feb 17, 2022 1:45 pm

I heard about that this morning.

You have to really be off the rails to get recalled in San Francisco
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.