Moderators: eCat, hedge, Cletus

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Re: Florida State Seminoles

Post by Jungle Rat » Fri Feb 04, 2022 8:26 pm

Those Minneapolis cops just can't help themselves.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Sat Feb 05, 2022 6:25 pm

img_2_1644099901790.jpg
img_2_1644099901790.jpg (85.71 KiB) Viewed 239 times

eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Post by eCat » Sun Feb 06, 2022 2:54 pm

I'm sure cops believe there are situations when no-knock is necessary but when it goes wrong, cities burn down

Cops need to be in jail when a no-knock goes wrong, that seems to be the only way to get them to do the leg work ahead of time to make sure its right.
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Sun Feb 06, 2022 2:59 pm

This one was horrible. Definitely needs to go to jail but so should others. If you can be charged with murder for just driving the get away car, you can be charged for signing off on the warrant and anyone else who approved it. That would be the right thing to do. Dude was 3/4 asleep when they killed him.

hedge
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina

Post by hedge » Sun Feb 06, 2022 4:15 pm

Let me guess, this was drug-related. The idea that men with guns can bust down your door (or use a key, as in this case) and come into your residence and shoot you simply b/c "drugs" may be involved is (or at least should be) repugnant to anybody who believes in freedom. But most people just give lip service to believing in freedom or, at most, believe they should be free to do the things they want to do, but not so much the things they don't have any interest in doing. "I don't do that, so you shouldn't be free to do it either." That's about the extent to which most people in this country believe in freedom...
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Sun Feb 06, 2022 5:01 pm

This was negligence. Drugs or not.

sardis
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Villanova

Post by sardis » Mon Feb 07, 2022 10:25 am

Even a liberal rag is saying MSM should have been looking into Hunter and Joe’s money connections with China and Russia.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/you-might ... s?ref=home

eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky

Post by eCat » Tue Feb 08, 2022 6:06 am

under served communities.......

The $30 million grant program will distribute funds to nonprofits and local governments to make drug use safer and advance racial equity

Included in the grant is money to purchase 'safe smoking kits/supplies'

A spokesperson for HHS said included in these kits could be pipes for users to smoke substances like crack cocaine and crystal methamphetamine

HHS said that the kits will serve to limit the risk of infection - typically users smoke out of glass pipes which can lead to cuts and sores that become infected

Handing out pipes is also intended to prompt users to smoke rather than inject themselves with some substances, like meth, as injection is far riskier

It is against the law to sell or distribute drug paraphernalia - including such pipes - unless authorized by state, local or federal law

President Biden's Health and Human Services department (HHS) is finalizing funding to dole out crack pipes to drug addicts as part of its 'Harm Reduction Plan.'

The $30 million grant program, which accepted applications until Monday and will begin doling out money in May, intends to provide funds to nonprofits and local governments to make drug use safer, to advance 'racial equity.'

Included in the grant is money to purchase 'safe smoking kits/supplies.' A spokesperson for HHS told the Washington Free Beacon that included in these kits could be pipes for users to smoke substances like crack cocaine and crystal methamphetamine, or 'any illicit substance.'

HHS said that the kits will serve to limit the risk of infection - typically users smoke out of glass pipes which can lead to cuts and sores that become infected with diseases like Hepatitis-C.

Handing out pipes is also intended to prompt users to smoke rather than inject themselves with some substances, like meth, as injection is far riskier.

Applicants for the program get priority if they serve 'underserved communities,' such as African Americans or Native Americans, or LGBTQ people.

The crack-cocaine epidemic starting in the 1980s disproportionately ravaged the black community.
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Tue Feb 08, 2022 8:00 am

gets in line

That was a confusing read

hedge
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina

Post by hedge » Tue Feb 08, 2022 8:58 am

The ought to be providing the crack as well...
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Tue Feb 08, 2022 9:21 am

Not anything new though. They've been passing out clean needles to herion addicts for years now. I wonder if I can get free rolling papers somewhere.

innocentbystander
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Boston College

Post by innocentbystander » Tue Feb 08, 2022 10:25 am

eCat wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 6:06 amThe crack-cocaine epidemic starting in the 1980s disproportionately ravaged the black community.
It definitely ruined the inner city. Not that the inner city was all that great a place to live in the first place, but crack changed everything (for the worse.)

Steven Levitt actually related crack dealing in the inner city to working for McDonalds. They had a very similar business model.

Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to both stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Tue Feb 08, 2022 11:56 am

"Not that the inner city was all that great a place to live in the first place, but crack changed everything (for the worse.)"

It's nuggets like these that I won't miss when he finally jumps.

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Tue Feb 08, 2022 12:19 pm

That was me quoting Steven Levitt. He's not jumping either.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to both stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Tue Feb 08, 2022 12:27 pm

No it wasn't

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Tue Feb 08, 2022 1:40 pm

The public safety minister of Canada is telling US Republicans who are supporting the truckers and their protest/blockade to butt out.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/ca ... d=msedgntp
Marco Mendicino wrote:Public Safety Minister Marco Mendicino shot back: “It is certainly not the concern of the Texas attorney general as to how we in Canada go about our daily lives in accordance with the rule of law.”

“We need to be vigilant about potential foreign interference … Whatever statements may have been made by some foreign official are neither here nor there. We’re Canadian. We have our own set of laws. We will follow them,” Mendicino said.
Alright, I am not sure I would call our comments as "interfering" but maybe we should butt out? Maybe we should? But when I hear what they are asking for us to do, my instinct is to respond saying that they should butt out whenever things are happening here and they are picking sides?

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Tue Feb 08, 2022 1:58 pm

Neil Young just asked everyone at Spotify to quit their jobs. LOL!!!! A self-cancel predicated on vengeance!

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/other/n ... d=msedgntp

I mean why-the-fuck-not? Everyone else has quit, companies can't find anyone to hire, why not nuke Spotify as well?

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Tue Feb 08, 2022 2:23 pm

What's Spotify?

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Tue Feb 08, 2022 2:33 pm

It is an audio streaming and media services provider.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spotify

They are catching hell at the moment because of their business relationship with Joe Rogan and the Rogan Experience hosting Alex Jones. Neil Young pulled all his music off of that provider and now he is begging their employees to quit (which may bankrupt the company by virtue of no labor force to do the work) because of Joe Rogan.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Tue Feb 08, 2022 4:05 pm

Who is Joe Rogan or Alex Jones?