Moderators: eCat, hedge, Cletus

eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Re: College Football

Post by eCat » Wed Feb 02, 2022 4:25 pm

sardis wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 10:45 am I have to side with Flores on this one and hope he wins. NFL owners enact these bogus anti-racist rules and give the appearance they're "woke" to satisfy their media partners and sponsors, yet they are the least diverse group in corporate America and have the benefit of anti-trust as well. Any other employer would have been shut down with the injuries they cause on their employees and never have to answer to it? They don't even try to set up a fund to help them despite the billions they make? Sports owners are the worst of the worst in the corporate world and should get everything coming to them.

Look at the Redskins owner. Do you think anything is going to happen to him by pimping out cheerleaders to major sponsors? Of course not. Shit, a friend of mine who is a partner at another firm loses his position just because he dated a woman in his firm that was at a lower position. NFL owners get away with shit.
The issue I have is having a policy where you interview a person based solely on the color of his skin

They have a commissioner, and I get that NFL is an old boys club, an very exclusive old boys club, but they shouldn't need a written policy, they shouldn't even had a Kaeperneck situation. Goodell should be proactively demanding that organizations are diverse either based on the population of the US, or in the makeup of the league - and if a Jack Del Rio is hired over a Brian Flores, then Goodell should be reaching out and demanding to know why that person was hired, be able to defend it.

Flores is Latino, I think anyways.

I heard on ESPN this morning someone saying, a black commentator (and I assume the same goes for Latinos), that the NFL's worst nightmare is a strong, outspoken, smart black man - and I'm llike, no, not at all, that should be the best thing that the NFL wants because it makes the hiring easier. No one wants to hire someone who isn't qualified for the position. Flores talks about the Bill Bilichek text he received that let him know he wasn't going to be considered before he ever interviewed and I get why he was mad but he had a chance to go in there and change their mind. And to assume he is more qualified is a stretch for a coach that ultimately ended up being fired for coming up short as the Dolphins head coach. Yea the NFL has nepotism and they hire college buddies or people they were on staff with a decade ago somewhere else. That's where Goodell should be on top of it demanding they qualify those hires. He should also be suggesting they interview specific people for the job.

But the Rooney rule is stupid - any rule that focuses on diversity without emphasizing qualifications is going to lead to these token situations.

There are 32 head coaching jobs in the NFL. Flores had one them and was an assistant to the Patriots for a decade. I can see him having a point if he *didn't* get 1 of 32 jobs available in the world. But he also didn't take them to the playoffs, and he has had some bad losses along with some good wins. Tua being inconsistent in his development didn't help. I don't know how you can claim discrimination when you *got* the job.
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

hedge
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina

Post by hedge » Wed Feb 02, 2022 4:58 pm

Maybe he felt he was being discriminated against b/c they sent him to Miami....
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

DooKSucks
G. Pompous Ass, II, Esq.
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by DooKSucks » Wed Feb 02, 2022 5:07 pm

Flores' parents are black Hondurans.
I proudly took AFAM 040 at Carolina.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Wed Feb 02, 2022 5:35 pm

The Rooney Rule was a joke from the start. A racial hiring practice on paper to ensure "transparency" in hiring. My NFL term for "Token Nigger". Qualified black NFL head coaching canidates have been around since the AFL. It never should have been enacted and I'm suprised this lawsuit didn't happen soon after it was.

But it's still your Dads NFL. Black ownership? See any? No I don't believe. I could be wrong. Ownership is upper class white money. Always has been. These guys never grew up like us. Exposed to every day America. It's a billionaire boys club. I'm just thankful inheritance taxes make it hard to pass teams down today.

This lawsuit will shake the NFLs bones and like the Redskins, they'll do their best to sweep it under the rug. Who do you think signs Goodells $65 million checks every year.

Cue Congress. God help us if the NFL can't figure it out first.

innocentbystander
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Boston College

Post by innocentbystander » Wed Feb 02, 2022 7:19 pm

Are any franchises for sale? If so, what is the price? No one in the world would try to stop (or even care if) a black person ponied up $300 million and bought an NFL franchise. They are welcome to do so rat. Then, the NFL would be 30 upper class white guys, Oprah, and a publicly traded company (Green Bay.)

Look, anyone can buy anything if it's for sale. A comedian on HBO on Friday nights "bought-in" a minority share on the New York Mets. Cost him $20 million. On paper Maher has tripled his money. But it could have been anyone ponying up that kind of dough.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to both stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.

Tree
Senior

Post by Tree » Wed Feb 02, 2022 8:30 pm

Commanders is even more offensive because it channels the patriarchy. Team is now offending a fuckton more ppl than before.
Butt juice

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Wed Feb 02, 2022 9:10 pm

innocentbystander wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 7:19 pm Are any franchises for sale? If so, what is the price? No one in the world would try to stop (or even care if) a black person ponied up $300 million and bought an NFL franchise. They are welcome to do so rat. Then, the NFL would be 30 upper class white guys, Oprah, and a publicly traded company (Green Bay.)

Look, anyone can buy anything if it's for sale. A comedian on HBO on Friday nights "bought-in" a minority share on the New York Mets. Cost him $20 million. On paper Maher has tripled his money. But it could have been anyone ponying up that kind of dough.
Please don't bore my by talking to me about sports. You are probably the most uneducated person I know on the subject. All you want to do is invoke your political bullshit and post movie clips. You're irritating.

DooKSucks
G. Pompous Ass, II, Esq.

Post by DooKSucks » Wed Feb 02, 2022 9:44 pm

$300m? For an nfl franchise? LOL

The only thing IB does is consistently show how stupid and ignorant he is.

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Wed Feb 02, 2022 10:49 pm

alright $800 mil, I dont care. You can't have a black owner of an NFL franchise is none are for sale.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to both stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.

DooKSucks
G. Pompous Ass, II, Esq.

Post by DooKSucks » Wed Feb 02, 2022 11:51 pm

Triple that $800m is still a fraction of the cost

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Thu Feb 03, 2022 12:53 am

DooKSucks wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 9:44 pm $300m? For an nfl franchise? LOL

The only thing IB does is consistently show how stupid and ignorant he is.
Completely. Just for reference IB. The Broncos are going up for sale for $4 Billion. Yes, that's a B.

Idiot

No need to respond

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Thu Feb 03, 2022 12:58 am

Just a few short months ago our new uniforms were revealed.

Can't find any video from the Commadors of them pulling the sheet down on the 3 anorexic linebackers though.
download (1).jpeg
download (1).jpeg (13.91 KiB) Viewed 633 times

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Thu Feb 03, 2022 1:34 am

High School Joe

eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky

Post by eCat » Thu Feb 03, 2022 10:30 am

getting paid to tank is going to be interesting

If Flores can prove it, its going to be ugly, if he can't, then he is going to be sued for defamation because you can't make that allegation against the integrity of a sport.

Everyone knows they do it, but to incentivize a coach to tank is a major issue - its in the same neighborhood as gambling and match fixing
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Thu Feb 03, 2022 10:51 am

In the end Ross will be forced to sell his team. Maybe Haslam too. Tanking happens everywhere. Especially when the prize (Burrow) can propel your downtrodden team to a decade of success and riches. The one rule about tanking is that you don't talk about tanking.

It is sorta telling how e picks out the tanking part of this lawsuit though. Fuck them negros.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Thu Feb 03, 2022 7:45 pm

And the fodder for the offseason gets only better. The NFL will never leave your thoughts until kickoff next year.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/332 ... -committee

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Fri Feb 04, 2022 1:41 pm

eCat wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 4:34 pm The Bengals benched Dalton

Its a serious dumpster fire this year. Taylor will be fired before the season is over.
hehehe.....

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Fri Feb 04, 2022 2:01 pm

eCat wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 9:23 am actually I hope the Bengals do leave

not because I don't want the NFL in Cinci but people lose their damn minds over giving everything to professional sports - like you aren't a real city unless you have an NFL team. - Go, take the team to San Antonio or Memphis, and Cinci politicians should never give away tax dollars again for pro sports
I wish e and I were still friends so we can celebrate this together as life long die hard fans. We used to have some great conversations on here until Trump came along and ruined our friendship.

I would tell him today that this right now is why.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Fri Feb 04, 2022 2:23 pm

IB probably needs to read this. We tried to warn them that this place eats stupidity up.
Jungle Rat wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 4:36 pm Crotch. You remind me of this one friend I had for many years on the sports boards the most of the 4 of us left here were on starting in the early 90. His dad was an Arizona sports writing legend. He was die hard Arizona. In no way could you convince this fool there will ever be a program better than the Wildcats. It was a basketball fourm back then and yep. He had scoreboard on me over both the Bearcats and Gators. Sorta like Metzger (Louisville) , much more crazier than Lonnie (UK But Lonnie had a lot of outside issues).

This kid, after I charmed him with my Jungle Rat charm, suddenly became to hate the fact that I informed him that he was a fucking wacko homer with an inferiority complex who was still living in his fathers (CORKY! We all remember Corky right?) basement. The best button to push? He adored Corky. I drove this Arizona fan to the brink on internet message board insanity if not in the real world. Longer story but I need a smoke and a good piss.

A few others I can remember. The guy who took pictures in front of expensive cars, tvs, houses etc holding signs like "Fuck you Jungle Rat" because I wouldn't leave him alone about being a full of shit in over his head braggart.

Damn. I know there's more.

Ok. Last one. I once had a great friend named C MAC who I met on the baseball boards. I believe he was an Astro fan so we met on the NL Central threads. Since Im sure you don't know or understand baseball, back then the Astros were in the National League. Before garbage cans. So we all became friends. A bunch of us crashed C MAC pad in Chicago many years ago in an early May (3rd) cold Wrigley wind days, for a 3 game Reds/Cubs series. Fucking awesome time. I think I'm the only survivor from that one. Hopefully you might remember the name Bluecat. We became good friends for many years considering our daughters were the same age, we lived down the road, I fucked his best friends wife years before they knew each other and we and we were Cincy sports fans besides our basketball differences. Another long story. Miss Kitty was yummy and Blue, still reminds me of either Heratio Sanz or Fred Flintstone. Loved the guy.

Then there was the time hedge came to visit. That's for another day.

Anyway.

I had to cut ties with C MAC. Turns out he was an Iranian spy trator for America and Iraq . He hated them. On CNN/SI he some how managed to infiltrate the Iranian soccer thread. He then went on to infuriate the Iranians that CNN/SI had to remove C MAC from their boards and after arrested in Chicago for bank mishaps, he was granted immunity for his information. He was a spy but he was our spy. I think he owns a Jiffy Lube now. They won't tell me.

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Fri Feb 04, 2022 2:37 pm

rat, I am a Pats fan but I am rooting for your Bengals in the Superbowl. Maybe THAT makes me "stupid."

Please do not make me regret rooting for your home team.