I proudly took AFAM 040 at Carolina.

eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Re: Music

Post by eCat » Sat Jan 29, 2022 6:10 am

I'm watching this crime show on Netflix about a Times Square serial killer in the late 70's that carried over into the early 80's.

Times Square was crazy then.
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

sardis
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Villanova

Post by sardis » Sat Jan 29, 2022 10:55 am

Don Kirschners Rock Concert was so awesome in the 70s.

Television in the 70s was great, too. Mostly, because of braless blouses.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Sat Jan 29, 2022 11:11 am

Those were really good. The concerts too.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Mon Jan 31, 2022 9:27 am

interesting times that Joe Rogan can have a podcast blow up where he talks about his views and has guests that speak their views - and artists who would object vehemently to their lyrics being censored are throwing a fit to have him removed.

over vaccination opinions

this is the world democrats want
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

hedge
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina

Post by hedge » Mon Jan 31, 2022 10:24 am

That's painting it with a mighty broad brush. Neil Young is his own man, he can decide whether he wants his product on the same platform as somebody whose ideas he finds repugnant. What about his rights? Or does he not have any? You certainly have the right to choose not to listen to Neil Young's music if you don't want to, for whatever reason. Also, are there any views and opinions that Spotify (or any other platform) would allow on their site that you would say "hey, I can understand Neil Young (or anybody else) not wanting his music associated with that"?

Let's leave aside whether opinions about covid fall within that realm, clearly you don't think that they do and I would tend to agree with you. But surely there are some opinions and views that you wouldn't have a problem with Neil (or anybody else, including yourself) wanting to distance themselves from. Or are there? But the bottom line is, Neil is free to associate (and, by extension, associate his music) with whomever he chooses or not. Where do his rights of free association end? Why is it always about the guy's views that the other person wants to distance himself from? You might call it "canceling" or whatever, but Neil didn't say "You must remove Rogan from your site," he just said "if you have this guy on your site, you can't have me." Doesn't he have a right to do that?

Whether you like him doing that isn't the issue, if you think Rogan has to right to say whatever he wants about covid, doesn't Neil have the right not to be associated with that? What's the difference? Neil isn't infringing on Rogan's rights to express his views, he's just saying he doesn't want his music associated with them. Should he be forced to?
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Mon Jan 31, 2022 10:43 am

Joe Rogan. Heh. Seriously. Joe Rogan.
Last edited by Jungle Rat on Mon Jan 31, 2022 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Mon Jan 31, 2022 10:44 am

what I am saying is Neil would throw a damn fit if anyone asked him to change his lyrics because another artist didn't agree with them.

certainly Neil has a right to do whatever he wants - but its the premise you should be against. That Neil isn't objecting to songs being played on Spotify that promote objectifying women or violence against police because that would be infringing on the artistic freedom of a fellow artist, but Joe Rogan has people on his show and is questioning the authority and the wisdom of our government, well suddenly Neil Young is all for censoring that guy. That guys is endangering lives......

its not his rights I'm objecting to, its his hypocrisy, or at a minimum, his very fucked up value system

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Mon Jan 31, 2022 10:45 am

BREAKING NEWS: Ecat Reads Minds

aTm
Muad'Dib
College Hoops Affiliation: Texas A&M
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by aTm » Mon Jan 31, 2022 10:53 am

5 years ago or whatever when it was all the rage to start trying to stop the spread of whatever the "Alt Right" was, I dont think I ever could have imagined that Joe Rogan, and like Elon Musk would be the poster boys of the "right wing". That seems fucking nuts. Fucking Bill Maher is going to be considered right wing by these lunatics. The middle in the country is unhinged like callers to the Finebaum show in the pre-ESPN era, only the extremist nutjobs believe in anything and all the little fucksticks are out their rooting for their extremists to win.
Sure, I could have stayed in the past. I could have even been king. But in my own way, I am king.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Mon Jan 31, 2022 11:00 am

Rogan endorsed Bernie Sanders for president

aTm
Muad'Dib

Post by aTm » Mon Jan 31, 2022 11:00 am

I wouldnt be surprised if Neil Young was just one of those people we all know, who are every serious about the pandemic, and was actually reacting from some sort of principle. All the hangers-on following the wake are almost certainly nutjob playing the politics (or like just actual crazy people in the case of Joni Mitchell).
Sure, I could have stayed in the past. I could have even been king. But in my own way, I am king.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Mon Jan 31, 2022 11:05 am

no one was throwing a fit about Rogan on Spotify , now social media is ate up with it

He was a hero to the left for endorsing Sanders.

matter of fact, no one gave a fuck about Rogan one way or the other until he actually got covid, took various medicines including ivermectin and was over it in 2-3 days.
Sure it was anecdotal and Rogan keeps himself in great shape but he has first hand experience with the treatments.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Mon Jan 31, 2022 11:47 am

No one gave a fuck about Rogan until recently? Jesus ecat. What the hell happened to you?

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Mon Jan 31, 2022 2:17 pm

"suddenly Neil Young is all for censoring that guy"

How is Neil not wanting him or his music associated with Rogan the same as him "all for" censoring the guy? He just laid it out there, it's either him or me on here but not both. They made their decision and Neil said "fine, I'm gone." How is that censorship? Is he calling for Spotify to get rid of Rogan now? Is he saying Rogan shouldn't be allowed to air his views anywhere? If he is, I haven't seen it...

aTm
Muad'Dib

Post by aTm » Mon Jan 31, 2022 3:40 pm

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/s ... -feminized

Another erstwhile outspoken progressive entertainer who might find themselves out on the right wing fringe.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Mon Jan 31, 2022 4:48 pm

I would do so many dirty dirty things to his wife.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Mon Jan 31, 2022 5:12 pm

Well. Ex wife. That marriage didn't last a year. Manly

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Mon Jan 31, 2022 6:55 pm

It says they got married in in 2020, when she was 28, and had been dating since 2016. That's plenty...

innocentbystander
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Boston College

Post by innocentbystander » Mon Jan 31, 2022 7:23 pm

aTm wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 10:53 am 5 years ago or whatever when it was all the rage to start trying to stop the spread of whatever the "Alt Right" was
I am still trying to figure that out.

You want to see a lefty's head explode Scanners movie style, ask them to objectively distinguish the difference between "Alt Right" and just "Right" with examples of each and why one is one way and why one is the other way.

If you really want them to pull their eyeballs out and play with them, ask a lefty to define the difference between a neo-con, a trad-con, and a paleo-con and have they precisely differ from one another.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to both stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.