Moderators: eCat, hedge, Cletus

sardis
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Villanova
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Re: College Football

Post by sardis » Mon Jan 03, 2022 7:52 am

DooKSucks wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 11:05 pm I'm willing to bet that Brown had some pre-existing mental health issues that have been exacerbated by CTE....
When he was with the Steelers, there were many bad hits he took including this infamous one, so CTE is a possibility.

Speaking of the Bengals, congrats on the division.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Mon Jan 03, 2022 8:41 am

Thanks. I always said that hit from Burfict changed him in a major way. My guess is he's off his meds. Seriously.

innocentbystander
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Boston College

Post by innocentbystander » Mon Jan 03, 2022 10:36 am

I believe in the concept of CTE. I think it makes sense. We are not woodpeckers and the damage to our brains, I'm sure its cumulative. And when Will Smith said in that movie Concussion....
God did not intend for man to play this game
...what he was saying is that we can not continue to do this to our brains and expect us to be civilized, human beings, when we are through playing.

As for me, I love football. I love it. I love it at every level. I would love to be a high school coach (when I am retired.) There is no sport like it. These men, these are our gladiators. That is what they are and the gridiron, that is our colosseum. But at the end of the day when they are done playing, if we think that they have CTE (and the only way to know for SURE is to rip open their brains after they are dead), we have to take them away and put them somewhere SAFE. They need to be in an institution where they are safe and can not hurt themselves (or others.) They are a physical danger to their wives, their children, and themselves. Because their brains, their brains are now oatmeal. We simply can not expect them to behave in a civilized, 1st world, lawful manner, no way, not with their brains that have been reduced far below 3rd world capacity. And that was at least partially our fault because we paid so much to watch them do this to themselves. So we have to coddle them now (perhaps for the rest of their lives.)

That's the tradeoff for the game we all love so much.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to both stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.

DooKSucks
G. Pompous Ass, II, Esq.
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by DooKSucks » Mon Jan 03, 2022 11:14 am

What the fuck is your obsession with trying to relate everything to fucking movies?

I get that you’re incapable of generating meaningful thoughts and insights of your own, but you could at least reference actual events and statements.

Fuck almighty are you stupid
I proudly took AFAM 040 at Carolina.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Mon Jan 03, 2022 11:32 am

"I hope an ice pick goes into your brain and "just wasted" you."

Who was that directed towards??
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Mon Jan 03, 2022 11:36 am

"I believe in the concept of CTE. I think it makes sense. We are not woodpeckers"

I have to admit that whenever I think of you, the image of a woodpecker is precisely what comes to mind...
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Mon Jan 03, 2022 11:37 am

DooKSucks wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 11:14 am What the fuck is your obsession with trying to relate everything to fucking movies?

I get that you’re incapable of generating meaningful thoughts and insights of your own, but you could at least reference actual events and statements.

Fuck almighty are you stupid
That is three f-bombs in less than 50 words. And you call me stupid? Counsellor?

People that resort to f-bombs like that (in just ordinary conversation) I feel sorry for them. I feel sorry for them because of their ignorance. They typically grow up in households where they hear less than 50,000 different words in the first 18 years of their life. They lack sufficient vocabulary such that they would be able to have any meaningful conversation. But you? You have no excuse. You are just lazy. I wish there was a movie that I could relate YOU to, for you to understand how much you disappoint me.
Last edited by innocentbystander on Mon Jan 03, 2022 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to both stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Mon Jan 03, 2022 11:40 am

Fuck you

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Mon Jan 03, 2022 11:40 am

And you could never coach football. Ever.

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Mon Jan 03, 2022 11:41 am

Jungle Rat wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 11:40 amFuck you
rat, I think you'll be happy to know that you could NEVER disappoint me.

DooKSucks
G. Pompous Ass, II, Esq.

Post by DooKSucks » Mon Jan 03, 2022 2:27 pm

You're a fucking mewling cunt

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Mon Jan 03, 2022 2:39 pm

I am so disappointed in you DS.

Tree
Senior

Post by Tree » Mon Jan 03, 2022 2:56 pm

hedge wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 11:32 am "I hope an ice pick goes into your brain and "just wasted" you."

Who was that directed towards??
Forget. I think I had a stale page opened when there were actually dozens more posts up.
Butt juice

DooKSucks
G. Pompous Ass, II, Esq.

Post by DooKSucks » Tue Jan 04, 2022 4:25 am

innocentbystander wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 2:39 pm I am so disappointed in you DS.
Glad to see I am doing something right

Tree
Senior

Post by Tree » Wed Jan 05, 2022 11:26 pm

Looks like Rodgers is a lock for MVP.
Butt juice

Dave23
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Memphis

Post by Dave23 » Thu Jan 06, 2022 12:40 am

Cooper Kupp should be.
The older I get the more I pretty much hate every cocksucker that is making decisions in this world and all of the idiots that root for political parties like sports teams. — aTm

Tree
Senior

Post by Tree » Thu Jan 06, 2022 12:59 am

No disrespect intended but you're off your rocker if you think a WR should be the MVP. I'm not sure Jerry Rice in his best season would have been more valuable than A-Aron this year.
Butt juice

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Thu Jan 06, 2022 7:58 am

He'll win it but it is a QB award after all.

eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky

Post by eCat » Thu Jan 06, 2022 8:57 am

the other side of the story
-----------------------------

Antonio Brown said Wednesday that he was suffering from a serious ankle injury and was unable to reenter the Tampa Bay Buccaneers’ game Sunday in East Rutherford, N.J., against the New York Jets. The wide receiver discarded his jersey on the sideline and left the field shirtless only after being told that he was done with the team, he said.

“I didn’t quit,” Brown said in a lengthy statement issued through his attorney. “I was cut. I didn’t walk away from my brothers. I was thrown out. Being fired on the sideline for having a painful injury was bad enough. Then came their ‘spin.’ Coach denied on national television that he knew about my ankle. That’s 100 [percent] inaccurate. Not only did he know I missed several games with the injury, he and I exchanged texts days before the game where he clearly acknowledged my injury.”

Brown said he will undergo surgery on the ankle. He did not refer to Buccaneers Coach Bruce Arians by name but appeared to chronicle a sideline verbal dispute with Arians during Sunday’s game that led to Brown’s exit.

“I played until it was clear that I could not use my ankle to safely perform my playing responsibilities,” Brown said. “On top of that, the pain was extreme. I took a seat on the sideline and my coach came up to me, very upset, and shouted, ‘What’s wrong with you? What’s wrong with you?’ I told him, ‘It’s my ankle.’ But he knew that. It was well-documented and we had discussed it. He then ordered me to get on the field. I said, ‘Coach, I can’t.’ He didn’t call for medical attention. Instead, he shouted at me, ‘YOU’RE DONE!’ while he ran his finger across his throat. Coach was telling me that if I didn’t play hurt, then I was done with the Bucs.”

“I make mistakes,” Brown said in Wednesday’s statement, his first public comments on Sunday’s incident. “I’m working on myself and I have positive influences around me. But one thing I don’t do is shy away from playing hard on the field. No one can accuse me of not giving it my all every play.”

Brown said he “relented to pressure directly from my coach to play injured” and received “what I now know was a powerful and sometimes dangerous painkiller that the NFLPA has warned against using.” He said Buccaneers General Manager Jason Licht “acknowledged after the game in text messages to my camp that I did tell coach about my ankle pain on Sunday.”

--------------------

so the guy is coming off a 3 game suspension for his vaccination dumbassery and I can see Arians, being the kind of coach that he is, pissed he doesn't have him and then when he is back talking about having a hurt ankle and can't play

but that said, Arians is a good coach but he strikes me as an incredible asshole. At first glance, either Brown got a great PR guy who created this story for him or he's telling the truth, and everything he said can be verified. Given that the NFL told the Bucs to keep him on the roster, I think Arians is lying.
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:00 am

271440816_6851189158289317_7929813567960151564_n.jpg
271440816_6851189158289317_7929813567960151564_n.jpg (55.53 KiB) Viewed 319 times