College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Re: Florida State Seminoles

Post by DooKSucks » Fri Dec 24, 2021 1:40 pm

Heh, thanks Rat

Thanks, Hedge

We are doing well all things considered

Some of our best friends had Covid last Christmas and have tested positive this Christmas, and they were / are fully vaccinated. They are asymptomatic though.
I proudly took AFAM 040 at Carolina.

eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Post by eCat » Fri Dec 24, 2021 2:22 pm

I went to a packed restaurant last night and stayed there for about 2 hours with the extended family
today I went out to two grocery stores that were packed and stood in lines about 12 deep.

If it spreads as easily as they are saying, then I"m gonna get it.

Booster shot is next Thursday - 3 week waiting list at my local place for the moderna
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Fri Dec 24, 2021 2:31 pm

Where do you people live? I walked right in every time?

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Sat Dec 25, 2021 3:02 am

Woke went too far and Black moderates are the ones speaking and acting out against it

The backlash by black moderates on crime is aided by the rapidly growing backlash against cancel culture and “Woke” progressivism. Witness the mainstream embrace of Woke Racism, a slashing liberal polemic against progressive “anti-racism,” by Columbia University linguist John McWhorter. Progressives had in the past been hostile or dismissive of McWhorter’s longer, more evidence-driven books, Losing the Race (2000) and Winning the Race (2001). (“McWhorter stirs the waters,” sniffed a New York Times review of Losing the Race. “Unfortunately, he does not clarify much in the process.”) But over the last few weeks The New York Times, MSNBC, PBS, CNN, and even the liberal hosts of “The View” gave Woke Racism largely positive treatment, turning it into a best-seller, and making McWhorter, who is also now a New York Times columnist, the most influential American thinker today on race.

Why is that? Why did it take black moderates to finally break the hypnotic race trance progressives fell into last year?

progressives have for decades dismissed, demonized, and denigrated black conservatives, such as economist Thomas Sowell, pundit Candace Owens, and California Republican gubernatorial candidate, Larry Elder, who the Los Angeles Times called “the black face of white supremacy.”

Politics today trumps race for most everyone on both Left and Right. There’s no doubt that part of the progressive attraction to Barack Obama was because he was black, but Democrats were also genuinely passionate about the things that Obama had to say. Ultimately, progressives dismiss and demonize black conservatives because they disagree with their beliefs and values, not because of their race.

As such, progressive struggle more to dismiss San Francisco Mayor Breed, New York Mayor-elect Eric Adams, former Philadelphia Mayor Nutter, and Woke Racism author McWhorter because they are Democrats and self-identified liberals or progressives who stress liberal values of compassion and care for the weak.

During the fever dream of 2020, progressives had an easier time doing so. Seattle’s progressive council in August of last year slashed the police budget, effectively demanding mass lay-offs of officers, even though the city’s black police chief, Carmen Best, had spent the last two years growing and diversifying the police force at the request of the very same council.

Wokeism was, on the one hand, too extreme. “I think a real extreme point was hit in the summer of 2020,” McWhorter told PBS. “And at this point everybody is rubbing their eyes and realizing that something went too far. Not that there’s something wrong with a racial reckoning in general. But that something went beyond what most, even ‘good people’ would consider just and fair.”

In a sense, people were right last year when they felt that everything having to do with race, crime, and policing had changed, it’s just that it wasn’t for the better. The killing of George Floyd, and the Black Lives Matter protests triggered white guilt, not real responsibility. It motivated cities to defund rather than work with the police. And it led Democrats, caught up in a Woke fury, to demand radical policing reforms they had not properly thought through.

https://michaelshellenberger.substack.c ... e-the-woke
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Sat Dec 25, 2021 9:09 am

Give it a rest Hitler

sardis
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Villanova

Post by sardis » Sat Dec 25, 2021 1:42 pm

Flew up to CT last weekend. Came back and the 19 yr old started becoming ill. With being in a plane and all I thought , for sure, we would get infected. We all took the home test and came up negative.

In some ways I wish I got it to skip all the get to togethers this holiday season.

sardis
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Villanova

Post by sardis » Sat Dec 25, 2021 1:42 pm

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Sat Dec 25, 2021 2:45 pm

That's almost as bad as when Trump passed on the 100 million vaccines early on because it was gonna go away. Poof.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Sat Dec 25, 2021 4:28 pm

"In some ways I wish I got it to skip all the get to togethers this holiday season."

Amen brother. Somebody on IC was talking about a friend who was coming back from the Dominican Republic and tested positive, and was lamenting that he was going to have to spend Christmas quarantined in the DR. Somebody else said "he should ask for a second test, it might come back negative" and I was like "why ruin what is likely to be the best Christmas of his life?"

On another note, I tested negative on Wednesday (rapid test) and that was confirmed by Lab Corp yesterday, but I felt like shit when I woke up this morning. Not sure what's going on...
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Sat Dec 25, 2021 4:41 pm

You're dying

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Sat Dec 25, 2021 4:42 pm

Finally

innocentbystander
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Boston College

Post by innocentbystander » Sat Dec 25, 2021 8:01 pm

Merry Christmas everyone
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to both stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Mon Dec 27, 2021 12:42 pm

received_1124878821611259.jpeg
received_1124878821611259.jpeg (23.59 KiB) Viewed 608 times

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Tue Dec 28, 2021 10:10 am

President Biden on a call with governors Monday said he agrees with two GOP state executives that there is no one-size-fits-all approach to mitigate COVID-19, even as his administration is pushing major federal solutions to the pandemic that's nearly two years old.

"There is no federal solution. This gets solved at the state level," Biden responded

-------------------

Hello President DeSantis

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Tue Dec 28, 2021 10:53 am

eCat, I am just waiting for Biden to implement the Build Back Better bill by executive order. There is too much money behind it. Big Tech has used K-Street lobbyists and funneled hundreds of millions of dollars into the re-election coffers for pretty much every single congressman on the Hill that was willing to take the money (that is every democrat and maybe half of the republicans), just to get those 1,000,000 H1B Visas. NFW does big tech want to pay US citizens what they would be charging (and do work at the pace that US citizens would do the work) if they can import 1,000,000, 3rd world, slave, hi-IQ laborers from India to undercut the cost of US high tech labor.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to both stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Tue Dec 28, 2021 12:42 pm

Sounds like somebody took a one semester IT course at the local community college and is now pissed that a 12 year old Indian is far more knowledgeable and talented than he is, but he's still mad that nobody wants to pay him 6 figures b/c he's got an IT degree from DeVry...

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Tue Dec 28, 2021 1:12 pm

hedge wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 12:42 pm Sounds like somebody took a one semester IT course at the local community college and is now pissed that a 12 year old Indian is far more knowledgeable and talented than he is, but he's still mad that nobody wants to pay him 6 figures b/c he's got an IT degree from DeVry...
They guys who graduated DeVry are already earning 6 figures.

I earned a degree in computer science almost 28 years ago. So no. I just understand the politics of what has happened. And I understand why CIOs and applications development directors are so "emotional" about all of this. (They can't actually DO the work, BUT they are responsible for it AND their budget means they can't pay US citizens what they can earn in the marketplace.) So they want to keep their do-nothing management jobs (where they just give orders and report back in meetings), that means importing slaves from India. Or, offshoring everything to India and having one US citizen (that they can yell at) who is technical managing from 11 time zones away. There is no third way.

Do you even know ANYTHING about the 1990 immigration act? Do you even know what an H1B Visa is? Do you have the slightest clue about anything of what I have said? Or did you just want to be an asshole?

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Tue Dec 28, 2021 1:25 pm

"And I understand why CIOs and applications development directors are so "emotional" about all of this. (They can't actually DO the work, BUT they are responsible for it AND their budget means they can't pay US citizens what they can earn in the marketplace.) So they want to keep their do-nothing management jobs (where they just give orders and report back in meetings), that means importing slaves from India."

eCat's not gonna like reading that...

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Tue Dec 28, 2021 1:26 pm

"Do you even know ANYTHING about the 1990 immigration act? Do you even know what an H1B Visa is? Do you have the slightest clue about anything of what I have said?"

No, but I'm a tech wiz. Ask Mama, AXE HER!!!