The Forum Without Decorum.

Moderators: eCat, hedge, Cletus

innocentbystander
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Boston College
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!

Re: Florida State Seminoles

Post by innocentbystander » Mon Dec 13, 2021 8:28 pm

Jungle Rat wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 7:56 pm Shit. I was paying over 8k a year in property taxes here in podunk Cincinnati,OH in 2019. On a $450 house.
That is a lot of bread. Our house is just "meh" and in Scottsdale, worth $700,000. And the property taxes are under $2500.

Move West gentlemen.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to both stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Mon Dec 13, 2021 8:47 pm

eCat wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 8:27 pm I bet one casualty of the standard deduction is charitable contributions.

I give to charities but I have to admit, I've cut back because it won't make a difference in my tax penalty at this point.
We do give a lot to charities. A lot of it is local stuff, St Vincent De Paul right here in Phoenix. We also help with our labor, donate time and money. I really wish, I really wish that when I am helping out and giving the local poor/homeless a free meal, I wish they would eat the green beans. They never do.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to both stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Mon Dec 13, 2021 9:32 pm

Racist

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Tue Dec 14, 2021 12:36 am

Jungle Rat wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 9:32 pmRacist
You are right.

The racist in me wishes that ALL races would eat their damn vegetables.

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Tue Dec 14, 2021 10:48 am

The Build Back Better plan constructed entirely by the democrats hikes the SALT cap up to $80,000 a year. How many people actually live in $25,000,000 homes? In Massachusetts, the town with the LOWEST property tax rates are the towns with the most expensive houses (like Weston MA.) Every house in Weston is at least a million dollars and the residents pay (at most) 1% of assessed value each year, so that is still only $10,000 a year on a million dollar home. So I have to ask, are there even 10,000 people in the entire country who pay $80,000 a year in SALT? I mean that much SALT, might as well be infinite the way it was before Trump reduced it to $10K. Bernie Sanders said he wants SALT deduction cap raised all the way to $400,000 a year.

Oh vey. These people are old. They are old and they only do what the DNC tells them to do. So sad. One thing about Trump (love him or hate him) he told the GOP to go fuck themselves, he was doing things his way the way he thought was right.
Last edited by innocentbystander on Tue Dec 14, 2021 10:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Tue Dec 14, 2021 10:52 am

Worked out well, huh?

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Tue Dec 14, 2021 10:55 am

Jungle Rat wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 10:52 am Worked out well, huh?
I still think you need to move rat. $8000/yr in property taxes on a $450K house, is more than twice what you should be paying.

Leave. Ex-patriate from Cincinnati. Leave. Leave. Leave. Just sell and bolt for the West. They are robbing you sir. Take a look at how much property tax you would pay in Nevada with a $450,000 house.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Tue Dec 14, 2021 11:18 am

Sorta weird but I'm not the only one in Cincinnati paying that. Although I sold in 20. Still paying to much tax for a condo. But I can't complain. It's better than Arizona and I'm moving again anyway.

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Tue Dec 14, 2021 11:31 am

Jungle Rat wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 11:18 am Sorta weird but I'm not the only one in Cincinnati paying that. Although I sold in 20. Still paying to much tax for a condo. But I can't complain. It's better than Arizona and I'm moving again anyway.
I went and actually looked up the tax rates in Massachusetts. What they do is "Mill Rate." I think that is the number of dollars you pay in a year for every $1000 of assessed value.

https://joeshimkus.com/MA-Tax-Rates.aspx

So where I grew up, the current "Mill Rate" is 16 (give or take.) So that is about 1.6% of total assessed value. So your $400K condo in Cincinnati, what is that? That is about $6400/yr in property taxes in Massachusetts, still way too fucking high. I said earlier that Weston was about 1%, its actually 1.2%. I was close.

So if you were paying $8000/yr on a $400K condo, that is a Mill Rate of 20. Ouchie, very pricey in Cincinnati. 2% of assessed value for property taxes each year is way, WAY too much.

Massachusetts has pretty high property taxes, and its needlessly high. It appears Ohio is also high (but I'll bet the rate is lower in Ohio towns like New Albany where the land is so valuable.) Now take those Ohio and MA numbers and cut them by about one third, and now you are talking about what you would pay in Arizona and maybe even less than that in Nevada. The national average for property taxes is 1.07% of assessed value, annually.

https://smartasset.com/taxes/arizona-pr ... calculator

So we are at 0.61% in Arizona. Very nice! I think Nevada is less than that. Of course houses in Nevada aren't really worth very much and the state has very heavy "gaming taxes" which pay for the police, fire, and teachers. So that helps.
Last edited by innocentbystander on Tue Dec 14, 2021 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

hedge
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Post by hedge » Tue Dec 14, 2021 11:34 am

I'm guessing most of the people who freaked out about Hillary using private email aren't going to think this is a big deal at all..

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Documents confirm that Meadows had been using personal gmail accounts, a personal cellphone, and Signal for official business and to send communications related to January 6th <a href="https://t.co/hn0kfQeYUp">pic.twitter.co ... </p>&mdash; Acyn (@Acyn) <a href=" 14, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Tue Dec 14, 2021 11:36 am

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Tue Dec 14, 2021 11:36 am

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Tue Dec 14, 2021 11:36 am

IB. You need to read better and I don't give a fuck what you think.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Tue Dec 14, 2021 11:40 am

This whole Trump thing is a comedy central show

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Tue Dec 14, 2021 11:59 am

Jungle Rat wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 11:36 am IB. You need to read better and I don't give a fuck what you think.
Oh I don't care.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Tue Dec 14, 2021 12:14 pm

I find the funny part about all this FOX oops today is that Donnie Jr. couldn't even get a hold of his dad.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Tue Dec 14, 2021 12:24 pm

"America loves Christmas," Trump tells Mike Huckabee on Newsmax's one-hour special "Christmas in America," which is set to premiere Wednesday, December 15 at 9 pm ET.

"And whether you're Muslim, whether you're Christian, whether you're Jewish, everyone loves Christmas and they'd say, 'Merry Christmas' – until these crazy people came along and they wanted to stop it, along with everything else."

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Tue Dec 14, 2021 12:48 pm

All you can do is laugh and wait.

aTm
Muad'Dib
College Hoops Affiliation: Texas A&M
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by aTm » Tue Dec 14, 2021 1:34 pm

Congress should just impeach Trump again, and get this nation back on track...
Sure, I could have stayed in the past. I could have even been king. But in my own way, I am king.

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Tue Dec 14, 2021 1:59 pm

aTm wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 1:34 pm Congress should just impeach Trump again, and get this nation back on track...
They are in constant terror of the man. The noise I read here from rat and hedge, it's like a perpetual, non-stop, shrieking, the noise you would expect to hear from your alcoholic ex-wife the minute she sees your new wife being a better mother to your ex-wife's kids. And you can't ask them why they are so irritated with the man, they just shrug their shoulders, storm off saying some insane combination of racism, asshole, monster, anti-Christ, whatever.

I mean POTUS Joe Biden is not favorite person in the world, but I already know all his mistakes and blunders, that is just his brain calcifying. It's our fault he is in the White House, I don't blame him. I am not going to lose my shit every time he fucks up. Holding him responsible for these appointments he sends to the Senate hearings, that would be like holding a 4 year old child to be blamed for anything simply because he is irresponsible.