Moderators: eCat, hedge, Cletus

innocentbystander
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Boston College
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!

Re: Florida State Seminoles

Post by innocentbystander » Mon Dec 13, 2021 3:08 pm

https://www.valleycentral.com/news/loca ... n-mission/

59 year old mom and her 22 year old daughter killed in car crash with Human Smuggler

Mainstream media's response to a human smuggler transporting his "cargo" as he flees from the Border Patrol and collides into another car and kill the Texans inside it? .... cue the tumbleweeds
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to both stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Mon Dec 13, 2021 4:00 pm

You said the same thing before his UN speech, summit speech etc. Looked fine to most of us. Sad all ya got is he stutters. So republican.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Mon Dec 13, 2021 4:11 pm

Tell ya what IB. If Trumps wins in 2024 I'll buy you a new truck for your thriving uber business. He doesn't, you pay what you feel appropriate. Deal?

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Mon Dec 13, 2021 4:12 pm

Jungle Rat wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 4:00 pm You said the same thing before his UN speech, summit speech etc. Looked fine to most of us. Sad all ya got is he stutters. So republican.
You really don't think there is a problem rat?

We are both in our 50s. We have both been around the block, both been surrounded by old people (very old people) from time to time. We know when the brain is calcified and the man or woman is no longer in a position to make decisions in their own life. We know there is going to be a time where someone else has to step in and take over. I don't want President Kamala Harris anymore than you do. But we can't have a senile President rat.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to both stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Mon Dec 13, 2021 4:13 pm

Jungle Rat wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 4:11 pm Tell ya what IB. If Trumps wins in 2024 I'll buy you a new truck for your thriving uber business. He doesn't, you pay what you feel appropriate. Deal?
I don't have an Uber business. I have a Turo business. And I don't want a truck for that. I need a truck the 5th wheel trailer we just got. The shitball pickup I currently own, not going to tow it, NFW. Its a 41 foot trailer, weighs 15,000 pounds. You know damn well the kind of pick up I need. I would never ask you to buy something like for me (as it is, I CAN'T FUCKING FIND ONE!!!!!!)

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Mon Dec 13, 2021 4:20 pm

Offer stands. Step up.

Tree
Senior
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!

Post by Tree » Mon Dec 13, 2021 4:24 pm

Trump's SALT deduction cap was an attack on rich Dems in high-tax states. It's a partisan issue. If he wanted to increase taxes on the rich across the board there are easier ways to do it like the top tax rate, capital gains rate, or even remove the SS cap.
Butt juice

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Mon Dec 13, 2021 4:43 pm

Tree wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 4:24 pm Trump's SALT deduction cap was an attack on rich Dems in high-tax states. It's a partisan issue. If he wanted to increase taxes on the rich across the board there are easier ways to do it like the top tax rate, capital gains rate, or even remove the SS cap.
How about instead of a 10K cap, we have NO deduction for SALT? And while we are at it NO deduction for mortgage interest and NO deduction for kids?

We don't need to raise the tax rates. We can lower them. Just obliterate all the deductions and tax credits, all of them. Its only rich people who have enough money to hire all the tax accountants to squeeze every cent they can (legally) finding every deduction. Poor people don't do that.

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Mon Dec 13, 2021 4:51 pm

Jungle Rat wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 4:20 pm Offer stands. Step up.
No rat. I'm not going to "step up" and gamble like that.

This rat, THIS is what I need

https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/l-Used-Do ... 5/FEATURED

I am not going to ask you (or anyone) to pay $52,900 fucking dollars for a damn pick-up truck to tow what we bought a couple months ago. NFW. Why would you ask me to gamble on Donald Trump anyway?

Tree
Senior

Post by Tree » Mon Dec 13, 2021 5:04 pm

innocentbystander wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 4:43 pm
Tree wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 4:24 pm Trump's SALT deduction cap was an attack on rich Dems in high-tax states. It's a partisan issue. If he wanted to increase taxes on the rich across the board there are easier ways to do it like the top tax rate, capital gains rate, or even remove the SS cap.
How about instead of a 10K cap, we have NO deduction for SALT? And while we are at it NO deduction for mortgage interest and NO deduction for kids?

We don't need to raise the tax rates. We can lower them. Just obliterate all the deductions and tax credits, all of them. Its only rich people who have enough money to hire all the tax accountants to squeeze every cent they can (legally) finding every deduction. Poor people don't do that.
Kill the SS cap and I’m in, I think. You take a ridiculously big slice of the pie, you should have to pay a big chunk in taxes to go with it as a premium for living in a country that gives you an opportunity to live like a god. Deal?
Butt juice

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Mon Dec 13, 2021 5:28 pm

Tree wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 5:04 pm
innocentbystander wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 4:43 pm

Kill the SS cap and I’m in, I think. You take a ridiculously big slice of the pie, you should have to pay a big chunk in taxes to go with it as a premium for living in a country that gives you an opportunity to live like a god. Deal?

I don't have a problem with that, but with all these tax increases I want spending cuts.

Tree
Senior

Post by Tree » Mon Dec 13, 2021 5:58 pm

Butt juice

sardis
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Villanova
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Post by sardis » Mon Dec 13, 2021 6:31 pm

Yes, it was a savvy political move by Trump, but there is also an ethical reason why the SALT deduction should go away. Why should the federal government subsidize a state's increased tax rate by a third. Hey, the cap hurt me pretty good, too, but it doesn't make sense to have.

Don't raise capital gains or income tax rates. Won't raise a dime. Guys like me will help clients work around it. I do think we HAVE to raise SS revenues. I'm all for the "donut hole" approach where you cap at your typical $140K+ threshold and then pick it up again at $500k and above. I also am in favor of working visas with a long runway to citizenship and filling those 3 million jobs with SS paying aliens.

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Mon Dec 13, 2021 6:47 pm

sardis wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 6:31 pm
Yes, it was a savvy political move by Trump, but there is also an ethical reason why the SALT deduction should go away. Why should the federal government subsidize a state's increased tax rate by a third. Hey, the cap hurt me pretty good, too, but it doesn't make sense to have.

Don't raise capital gains or income tax rates. Won't raise a dime. Guys like me will help clients work around it. I do think we HAVE to raise SS revenues. I'm all for the "donut hole" approach where you cap at your typical $140K+ threshold and then pick it up again at $500k and above. I also am in favor of working visas with a long runway to citizenship and filling those 3 million jobs with SS paying aliens.
We have income taxes here in Arizona AND property taxes so yes, I pay some SALT. But to get to $10,000 in SALT, that is a lot of property you own or a lot of money you make. Our income taxes are just average, not high. So the cap, it didn't hurt too many people here. It's not like Long Island New York where a 3 bedroom split level ranch is $10,000 a year in property taxes. My house is just ordinary in Scottsdale, nothing special, $2000 a year, maybe $2500.

Tree
Senior

Post by Tree » Mon Dec 13, 2021 7:04 pm

That’s another thing they need to do. Close the GD loopholes.
Butt juice

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Mon Dec 13, 2021 7:18 pm

Tree wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 7:04 pm

That’s another thing they need to do. Close the GD loopholes.
That is right tree. But the whole point OF the tax credit/tax deduction, is to create a "loophole." A "loophole" is just to subsidize someone else because you want to encourage some kind of behavior (like breeding kids or getting mortgages.) For the people you like, a tax credit/deduction is a needed subsidy. For someone you don't like, its just a loophole.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Mon Dec 13, 2021 7:56 pm

Shit. I was paying over 8k a year in property taxes here in podunk Cincinnati,OH in 2019. On a $450 house.

eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky

Post by eCat » Mon Dec 13, 2021 8:12 pm

yea, I'm for the donut hole too.

of course I wouldn't be if I was making $400K a year
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

aTm
Muad'Dib
College Hoops Affiliation: Texas A&M
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by aTm » Mon Dec 13, 2021 8:14 pm

I used to get pretty close to the $10k in SALT but it hasn’t mattered anyway since they also bumped the standard deduction up so high.
Sure, I could have stayed in the past. I could have even been king. But in my own way, I am king.

eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky

Post by eCat » Mon Dec 13, 2021 8:27 pm

I bet one casualty of the standard deduction is charitable contributions.

I give to charities but I have to admit, I've cut back because it won't make a difference in my tax penalty at this point.
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.