The Forum Without Decorum.

Moderators: eCat, hedge, Cletus

innocentbystander
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Boston College
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!

Re: Florida State Seminoles

Post by innocentbystander » Sun Nov 28, 2021 4:15 pm

eCat wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 8:18 pm tell me more about all the Adam Smith references you've made on here in between demanding more government regulation
What might be frustrating for tree (frustrating for liberals in general) is that their base instinct, their general go-to desire for government regulation of business, that doesn't really work all that much in the information age. How do federal legislators (who have never written even one line of computer code in their life) regulate facebook or social media? How do you regulate a business where there is no cost to the consumer to use it? What you want facebook to give the consumer their money back?

Here is 7 hours of mind numbing, brainlessness on the part of our legislature screaming to high hell that we need to regulate this industry (that might have gotten Donald Trump elected) but we aren't smart enough to know what to do. Please Mr Zuckerberg, tell US how to regulate YOU.

And as of right now, social media is not regulated.

My congressman David Schweikert, is head of the "blockchain caucus." He knows about blockchains and crypto-currency. And its his job to try and educate the other congress critters on Bitcoin and crypto. He does this so that they might be in better position to write a bill to pass into law to regulate it. But when he speaks about the "blockchain" the other congressmen, their eyes roll over in their heads and they go to sleep. They have absolutely NO IDEA what he is talking about and they have NO IDEA how to regulate it. And even if they could (which they can't) how do you regulate something so completely and utter de-centralized?

You don't.

Regulation is fine and necessary. But if you want to regulate something (the way tree generally does) you must first have a complete and total understanding of the industry such that you could work in it and produce something in it. No. Our congressmen can't do any of this IT work. They trust high tech business that lobbies them endlessly for more and MOAR H1B immigration because business depends entirely upon the importation of high IQ wage slaves from India to make their lives easier because they haven't the first clue to how to fix anything that is broken with software.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to both stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.

sardis
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Villanova
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Post by sardis » Sun Nov 28, 2021 10:07 pm

Has this Omicron variant killed anyone? Seems symptoms are not much. Are we shutting everything down over nothing?

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Sun Nov 28, 2021 10:08 pm

Just your defense

eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky

Post by eCat » Mon Nov 29, 2021 1:59 pm

just read an article from Politico about how Dems and Republicans are moving away from the Lincoln Project.

Multiple issues , but one big one is they are encouraging Trump to run in 2024 that defies logic to the people on the outside looking in.

If you read between the lines, what the Lincoln Project is really saying is they are scared to death of DeSantis. They believe Trump is beatable and will take down other republicans on the process, but DeSantis is "Trump with an Ivy League degree"

At the moment I would prefer DeSantis and he'd get my vote for President - and my reasoning is exactly the same as the Lincoln Project - he is Trump with an Ivy League degree. Two of them as a matter of fact.
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

hedge
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina

Post by hedge » Mon Nov 29, 2021 2:23 pm

I'm with the Lincoln Project on this one. Would love to see Trump run in 2024. Nothing galvanizes the dems like Trump...
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Mon Nov 29, 2021 2:25 pm

If Trump runs it will be a third party. He's killed the Republicans.

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Mon Nov 29, 2021 2:27 pm

eCat wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 1:59 pm just read an article from Politico about how Dems and Republicans are moving away from the Lincoln Project.

Multiple issues , but one big one is they are encouraging Trump to run in 2024 that defies logic to the people on the outside looking in.

If you read between the lines, what the Lincoln Project is really saying is they are scared to death of DeSantis. They believe Trump is beatable and will take down other republicans on the process, but DeSantis is "Trump with an Ivy League degree"

At the moment I would prefer DeSantis and he'd get my vote for President - and my reasoning is exactly the same as the Lincoln Project - he is Trump with an Ivy League degree. Two of them as a matter of fact.
The Lincoln Project is just conservatives and former republican politicians who need paychecks because they are broke. They don't really have a "platform" beyond being against everything Donald Trump is for. So they came up with the "Lincoln Project" to try and dupe liberals and leftists into donating into their coffers so they can make their mortgage payments. That is all they are.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to both stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Mon Nov 29, 2021 2:34 pm

yea, the article talked about that. Mostly the big donors have pulled out - Trump is gone and they were supposed to do a victory lap, not encourage him to run so they could keep trying to be politically relevant.

Now they survive off small dollar donors
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Mon Nov 29, 2021 2:54 pm

on another note regarding the Ahmad Arbery case

The key issue to that trial was the interpretation of justification for making a citizens arrest. The law has since been repealed which should be a red flag to anyone following the trial.

The interpretation is the challenge here - basically the law states that if you know of or suspect someone has committed a crime (not even a felony) and is escaping from that crime, you have the right to detain them. Now what is key about that is the framework in which the law was written. As reprehensible as it is, the law was written to address in part, escaped slaves, so the idea that escape is based on them, the McMichaels seeing Arbery commit a felony in that moment is not true, although the prosecution presented that way and the judge initially agreed, until he had time to think about it over the weekend and walked it back. Instead he chose to read the law as it was written to the jury without any instructions. But in that sense, he allowed the prosecution to frame the law and they even admitted they were arguing against the law.

I'm not saying that these guys should have done what they did, but the Citizens Arrest law was written with the idea that if you believe someone has committed a crime and is escaping from that crime (without any reference to a specific time frame) then you have a right to hold them for the authorities. On the surface its clear that something is just inherently wrong with Arbery dying in that situation, but there is also a reason they saw the law's major problem and repealed it when this case saw the light of day.

The first question is do you believe that a citizen has a right to detain someone who has broke the law or is that solely within the domain of the police. Almost all states have some form of citizens arrest law in place. You see a guy raping a woman and you have no right to stop it?

so if you believe that a citizen has a right to perform an arrest, then the next logical step is to put a police uniform on the McMichaels. Would a policeman be on trial for murder in that exact same scenario? A cop was told a man who had committed felonies in the past is in the process of committing a felony at location X. The man begins to flee (which is probable cause) in a crime area when confronted, and then goes after the gun when a policemen detains him by brandishing his weapon.

I think the McMichaels did something the merits jail time, but the way the case was presented, I don't think they were guilty of malice murder.

But they had multiple strikes against them - a racial trial that had received alot of press, video evidence that worked against them, a judge that was confrontational to the defense, an interpretation of a law that killed their defense that wasn't accurate. Plus, no jury was going to stay thru Thanksgiving in a trial where few people were wanting to find these guys innocent.

Its unlikely they will win appeal but it sounds to me as a layman, they have a pretty good case for appeal.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Mon Nov 29, 2021 3:03 pm

hedge wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 2:23 pm I'm with the Lincoln Project on this one. Would love to see Trump run in 2024. Nothing galvanizes the dems like Trump...
right now 3 out 4 conservative voters would want Trump to run in 2024.

only 1 in 4 wants DeSantis or to a lesser extent Pence

I personally believe Trump will fall out of favor after the 2022 mid terms.

He'll still run but his criminal and civil cases, along with his decreased financial support will limit him.

Of course if Pence is the guy of choice, then he will run and win over Pence convincingly.

The question is, will DeSantis be loyal for Trump making him a big time guy or will he strike out on his own. Trump might be pre-emptive and make DeSantis his running mate. although Tim Scott or Nikki Haley would make more sense in the general election.

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Mon Nov 29, 2021 3:07 pm

eCat wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 3:03 pm
hedge wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 2:23 pm I'm with the Lincoln Project on this one. Would love to see Trump run in 2024. Nothing galvanizes the dems like Trump...

He'll still run but his criminal and civil cases, along with his decreased financial support will limit him.

Of course if Pence is the guy of choice, then he will run and win over Pence convincingly.

The question is, will DeSantis be loyal for Trump making him a big time guy or will he strike out on his own. Trump might be pre-emptive and make DeSantis his running mate. although Tim Scott or Nikki Haley would make more sense in the general election.
If there aren't vote challengers at every single polling station and a LAW on the books that says "found" boxes of mail-in-ballots that aren't sitting next to the tally machine will NOT be counted, then it doesn't make any difference. Biden will get as many votes as volunteer poll workers give him AFTER the polls close. That is how he won last time, voter fraud. I see nothing from preventing that from happening a second time.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Mon Nov 29, 2021 3:29 pm

innocentbystander wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 3:07 pm
eCat wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 3:03 pm

If there aren't vote challengers at every single polling station and a LAW on the books that says "found" boxes of mail-in-ballots that aren't sitting next to the tally machine will NOT be counted, then it doesn't make any difference. Biden will get as many votes as volunteer poll workers give him AFTER the polls close. That is how he won last time, voter fraud. I see nothing from preventing that from happening a second time.
Behind the scenes right now Trump's team is working to get polling workers at swing state hot spots. He won't run for president unless he is confident he has people involved in the voting process.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Mon Nov 29, 2021 3:31 pm

Is this the new Q thread?

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Mon Nov 29, 2021 3:41 pm

Jungle Rat wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 3:31 pm Is this the new Q thread?
No President ever LOST re-election when his vote total INCREASED in the second election....

...until Trump. Trump went UP by 10,000,000 votes, and lost.

That's is fraud pal.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Mon Nov 29, 2021 4:01 pm

I already shut you down on this. Move on.

Tree
Senior

Post by Tree » Tue Nov 30, 2021 1:03 am

US blatant lies about Cuba and Columbia. A little something for you guys who don't like to read. Just watch instead.

Butt juice

sardis
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Villanova

Post by sardis » Tue Nov 30, 2021 4:32 am

Yeah, if it wasn’t for US sanctions, Cuba would be thriving……much like Venezuela.

Are you denying there is no freedom of the press in Cuba?
Are you denying there is no such thing as free elections?
Are you denying there is oppression of anti-government speech?

The same political party that invited Soviet missiles within miles of our border is still in power in Cuba. They deserve everything they get.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Tue Nov 30, 2021 6:19 am

speaking of the New York times, this Project Veritas mess is getting worse.

quick synopsis

someone calls up P.V. saying they have legally obtained Ashley Biden's diary
diary supposedly contains some pretty unsavory stuff about Biden
P.V. negotiates with person to obtain the diary
P.V. tries to authenticate diary, they cannot
P.V. calls attorney who passes the diary to them as an intermediary and he refuses to take it back
DOJ says they aren't going to go after the press like the previous administration , makes a big show of it - https://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/doj-form ... nformation
DOJ then sends the FBI to raid 2 former staffers of P.V. , P.V. headquarters and the home of James O' Keefe, all Roger Stone style , showing up at his house at 6am in tactical gear and a battering ram for the door. CNN was alerted prior to the raid
FBI takes phone containing source and future project information from O' Keefe and begins copying the info
FBI refuses to allow 3rd party to arbitrate on gathering of phone information even though it has no bearing on the allegedly illegally obtained diary
New York District court leaks contents of phone to the New York Times,
New York Times is intends to publish.
New York Times is sued to stop
New York Times requests that there is no discovery in the process and the defense agrees.
New York Times then prints private conversation between O' Keefe and his legal team, a few hours later retracts it and then go with story about private conversations
Defense says NYT violated their own request for no discovery by printing documents related to the case

-------

so lets recap

Project Veritas is approached in what is either a sting operation on a fake diary, or a legally obtained copy of the real diary of Ashley Biden

The law says that as long as P.V. did not have a hand in receiving the diary, even if it was stolen, they can print it

P.V. chooses *NOT* to print the diary and actually attempts to return it

DOJ uses the FBI to raid P.V. in a heavy handed attempt to scare them and at the same time derail any future investigations they may have been working on.

New York District Court (or the FBI) leak the contents of P.V. raided documents to the New York Times.

NTY prints it.

Multiple issues here.

1. DOJ states publicly they are not going after the media and admonishes the Trump administration for doing so on July 19 this year.
2. FBI is now the attack dogs for the Democratic Party, going after the media - and yes, whether anyone believes it or not, P.V. is the very definition of investigative reporting
3. DOJ states their justification is because P.V. illegally obtained the information
4. NYT, in the highest level of hypocrisy, prints illegally obtained information about P.V. while ignoring they are attacking one of their own and being puppets for the DOJ and by extension the Democratic Party

If anyone thinks Merrick Garland should have been SCOTUS, its pretty clear he isn't capable of making rulings for a city zone inspector, much less any head position in Government, From his decision to treat parents at school board meetings as domestic terrorists to using the FBI to raid media he doesn't deem friendly to his party, this man has to go.

DooKSucks
G. Pompous Ass, II, Esq.
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by DooKSucks » Tue Nov 30, 2021 6:25 am

O'Keefe and P.V. are as much of an investigative journalist entry as I am a shining example of self control whenever I am in a good barbecue restaurant.
I proudly took AFAM 040 at Carolina.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Tue Nov 30, 2021 6:39 am

horseshit

you don't like them because its gonzo journalism against the Democratic party.

if they were going after Trump, you'd be singing their praises.

Go back and watch 60 minutes back in its heyday. They did the same type of journalism.

and in this case, they have more journalistic integrity than the NYT. Part of the documents released was them seeking legal counsel on what lines they could not cross.

This whole thing stinks and worse, the NYT is willing to allow the DOJ and FBI to set precedent against their own best interest to get a pro left wing story.